Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sherawr
Guardian

re: OK so who is likely to return....please respond

Hi peeps, been a while since anyone has posted on here really so I thought id throw one in.

I realize that its been summer, and the end of the xpac lul hit us all. That combined with peoples RL affairs meant dwindling numbers for our raids and untimately the halting of everything FE for 3 months.

The last few weeks Jaden/myself have tried to start up some 10 man raiding again, with little success, we are still struggling to maintain even a 10 man team atm.

Now here's my question, and I would ask ALL active guild members to respond please.

With MoP literally a few weeks away, the PTR going live today, so prepatch will be in about 4 weeks, then MoP maybe 2 after that how many of you are going to return?

Im asking this question to see whether or not we are going to have an active 25 raiders again, or are we simply giving in on it altogether?, or going 10 man? I realize GW2 etc is coming out the same time, and we wont be raiding straight away due to levelling/RL etc, this is just a curiosity post to see how many are coming back.

Myself and a few others have been active all summer , ticking over as it where and would like to see some smiley faces back again Happy

On a second note when we do clear normal content...its not the end! This happened in WoTLK and again in Cata, as soon as we cleared DW everyone just got up and left, just like when we cleared LK. WE HAVE HC'S TO DO PPL! thats were the endgame is, thats were the phat lootz are and thats were the bragging rights come from. We have a great guild, a great bunch of people and I for one want to clear ALL available content. We still had at least 3 months of stuff to do progression etc when everone just....left.

Anyways please dont take this as a rant its not meant to be, Im just saying that with a little for effort/commitment we could have had it. And a big thankyou to all who made the previous XPAC progression possible as far as we went. You all did a great job...you know who you are Happy

Lovin ays xo

Caleliá

Sup Jon!

I'll be back probably from next week again. Had a little struggle on my last mission, as for you know, the reason I left quite a while ago. Took the cash, quit the army and am working somewhere else at the moment (family businesses).

So yeah, thought I just had too wait a month with this work too get into it. Working everyday from 07:00 - 08:00 ish, but can vary up too times like 16:00 - 20:00 but usually just the 8-9 hours a day. Pays off a lot more then the army too, which is ideal.

Anyways, having said that. Sundays I'm not so sure about, still with the misses and since I'm out of the therapy of the family therapy of my mum dying and everyone doing okay again, I'm with her each weekend and I don't play with her around either.

So that's probably more then the simple "I will be back" answer that you wanna hear! But just so you know, expect to see me online monday evening!

Love you folks, talk to you soon!

Much love, a more happy cheerful and jolly Jay!
Tethane
Guild Mistress

I am still unsure of my commitment as I start my new job on the 3rd September and still have the wedding in November, I need to take a good long look at my time commitments.

Gologar

As you have seen, I am on, never left.
Gearing and skilling alts is a sometimes frustrating work. As I have seen, after nerf is DS normal, except for the encounter new special actions, easier as the LFR.
It is a must to go heroics, those encounters were also nerfed.
The only problem why we are keeping doing normals is because we don't get the raiders coming online to get the good group needed. For heroics we need dedicated raiders to form a stable group for progression. Mixing all the time new ppl, some unexperienced too, won't do the job.
It is true that now some pugs are doing heroics, but in those groups come ppl which have already done heroics and have an experienced raid leader in that matter. We have good raid leader(s), must only get a group of good ppl, geared, skilled and coming on time for each run. Perhaps I am repeating myself, but trying heroics with every time new ppl mixed in group won't do the job.
We kept together as long as we were succesfull, and after wiping alot on progress HC some left frustrated the raiding and moved to MoP or Diablo or something else, looking for other ways to get satisfaction they lost here.
I promess to stay and come. You know that I don't agree with the actual free loot system. I don't think that gearing randomly will help the HC progress team. The EPGP system was the best I have seen, and the priority for raiders is the only way to get the HC group we need.
Think about it.
Eluniel
Guardian

I must say I’m really unsure what to do. I loved raiding with FE: T11 was really good, T12 was a bit too short and T13 too way long (+ with LFR I felt that I lost something, I had already seen bosses and killed them on LFR).

With FE I experienced raids as they were meant to be, challenges & team work, but I also committed a way too strongly on every raid and that lead to IRL issues and break that I have now. I must say have been enjoying a life without a raiding routine. I feel that I could return as casual player, not sure yet. I need to think this.

Then there is also GW2; I have participated to all semipublic 3 beta events and I really like what I have seen so far, tho I have only seen ~lvl20 PvE and some PvP. There is the question: If I’m going to play MoP as casual, do I want to pay 13€/month for it when GW2 is without sub fee? That is hard question and I assume that only time will tell. I need to see what GW2 has to offer on higher levels and test will it keep me entertained or will I miss WoW/raiding/FE.

For what it's worth, I'll be back.

In what function or what "commitment" level, I cannot say.

As with Henna, I also have GW2 which I will play the shit out of, but I'm also under no illusion that I can completely renounce wow, not yet at least. Nor would I want abandon you people, because despite the appearances I actually do quite enjoy your... presence.

I'll mostly having wow for my raiding fix, whatever format that might take, which is pretty much all I did for the last X months before I stopped.

For the moment I'm financially stable, if just, and my schedule is still open 24/7, so that won't pose any problem.

As for that other point, Normal mode is the only mode I'm actually interested in. LFR doesn't matter, I'll use it as a crutch if I need it, a support, but it's an abridged version of the Normal experience. Anything "above" Normal means nothing for me. Heroic has no importance whatsoever, and I couldn't care less about the extra 14 itemlevels or the different color scheme. Artificial inflation of numbers and "extra" abilities of enemies are, quite frankly, irrelevant from a content standpoint.

Don't get me wrong, I'll do it out of courtesy for the rest of the team, but it has it's limits and after a while I just don't care anymore.

Now then, if I'm still alive and the infection hasn't reached my brain by the time MoP releases, I'll see you then.

Last edited by Sorien  on 26-7-2012 8:14; edited 1 time in total
Hievna
Enlightened

Quote:
Artificial inflation of numbers and "extra" abilities of enemies are, quite frankly, irrelevant from a content standpoint.

I agree with you. During the Cataclysm there has been only one boss that i were interested in doing heroic. Lady Sinestra. I honestly didn't care any other heroic, since they didn't actually bring anything new to the raiding experience.
Do i return once MoP comes out? Well i have annual pass, so it's likely, but i think i'm going to switch my main, since i dislike the changes they did to mages.

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Yes I will be - couple of weeks holiday but will be back in August.

FatJackBlack the panda or such of course must be banned from any raid by default.

Phenoma
Phenoma9
Enlightened

I will most likely be returning as well, at MoP release, although with work responsibilities, plus the massive back list of games I already have, I probably won't return as a full time raider, at-least, not straight away xD
Bennied
Enlightened

Guess you didnt expect me to reply you little noob warlock! wink So not even a 10 man huh. Ill level a druid tank healer again, might come in use. wink
Aselieos

Ill be back, just not sure whether Ill be able to raid the full 3 nights or not due to work commitments.
Dawnrazor
Guardian

Never went away! Just suffering a back problem atm which has meant I couldn't sit at my computer this last week, brought on by 3 hours in a cramped cinema seat watching the new Batman.
Up for anything as usual, and as soon as I've got my debit card back from the wife (taken advantage of me while I'm bed-ridden!) I'll be pre-ordering MoP.

I will be returning to the game, but I can't at this point say what my plans are, as I don't have any.

I've deliberately exposed myself to very little of MoP, so I don't know if it's going to absolutely hook me on the bosses and environment or not.

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Xeonaught

im sure ill be around when MOP comes out aiming for server first paladin if poss
Eliphias

---------- Home is where the hearth is ----------
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: