Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: The future of 25 man raiding in FE

Well I suppose we have all seen this coming, after battling for 2 months + with poor signs for raids and having to constantly recruit new members thus halting progression I fear for this expansion at least 25 man raiding is over.

I am exhausted trying to keep it going, many of you will think that raids just "happen" but in reality a huge amount of work goes on behind the scenes in order for them to take place, work I have become tired of doing.

With my job life about to change and organising a wedding I just cant put myself through any more additional stress, it's not healthy for me!

While a number of you will be amazing and ask what you can do to help the truth is nothing (unless you have 10 geared raiders that can commit to 3 nights a week up your sleeve!) All the 25 man Guilds I have spoken to are going through the same thing, its just unfortunate that the content has become dry so long before the next expansion and people are just losing interest.

For the newer players don't think this is uncommon! It happens towards the end of every expansion, just this time its happened quite a few months before. With summer around the corner I imagine things will only get worse and recruitment to keep up a 25 man group will not become hard, but impossible.

So I and we have to face the facts and look at some possible solutions, I don't want to lose any of you to other Guilds, and hope that the family and people within the Guild will keep you here until we can start raiding again (25 man) in MoP. But I do understand however if you do wish to seek other pastures and wish you all the love and cookies (but please do let us all know if you do decide to move on so we can say proper goodbyes!)

For those that are going to stick it out (much love *fist bump*) lets get our heads around who wants to raid, your commitment and what you want to raid (10 or 25 man.)

We can start a single 10 man team (please don't suggest 2 teams our roster doesn't support it, and those that assume 20 signs = 2 10 man teams it doesn't.... trust me!) If you are interested in 10 mans please voice that here.

I can look into taking our best players to do 25 mans with another Guild (and when I mean best I mean highest dps, most skilled players, most reliable AND those that can easily get on well with a potential bunch of strangers.) You would still be carrying the FE tag over your head and I would expect you not to let me down.

Or we can stop raiding and free you up to PUG for the remainder of Cata.

So lets open this up for discussion, I really want to hear your (constructive) thoughts. I also want to take this opportunity to thank all the people that have been so reliable and committed for this expansion and particular to Jon and Jaden for raid leading when I haven't been available, you all have a lot to be proud of.

I will keep 25 mans in diary for next 2 weeks and if we cant do heroics we can at least clear normal modes in one evening (Monday) until we can come to some sort of joint desision on how to take things forward until MoP.

Cat*

I understand how you feel and i wold never want you to have to go through so much stress as all this is giving you at the moment. I love this guild and the people in it so even if we stop raiding completely until MOP I would never leave the guild for it. You are stuck with me im afraid wink

As far as it comes to raiding (10 man within guild or 25 man with other guild) up until MOP comes out im flexible. I like raiding and would very much like to do it if there is interest from other people in the guild. I like doing both 10 mans and 25 mans. But dont go to any extra effort for my sake if there isnt much other interest from other people. If there is raiding available ill be happy to join, but if there isnt thats fine too. tongue out
Necrall
Enlightened

I'm quite happy to just rest until MoP. I like what we've done so far, getting some heroic bosses in every tier. I know if I keep pushing myself to play it'll be a lot harder for me to enjoy Pandaria later (I made that mistake going from TBC into Wrath, overextended myself).

I don't think I'll be going anywhere, changing guilds is too much of a hassle XD

So yeah, I'll probably just kick my feet up, watch clouds go by and get into MoP full force :P

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Missymonk

I'm up for 10 man :D get HC progression in 10 man instead (reportedly easier)
jadenftw
Enlightened

re: 2p

Well here comes my two pence worth!
I for one am staying put! and am happy to raid whatever comes my way. This is a great guild with some fantastic players and I know for a fact that when Mop hits we will have the strength in depth to push onto the next tier of raiding without any issues.
It's no surprise to me and sure many other players that have played for a long time will agree with me that this is common place at the end of the expansion, it's not the first time and it sure won't be the last.
If any of you are looking at moving on then i would give you this word of warning.....
you will see lots of this in trade over the next few weeks,
/2 [trade] HI!! <A new guild> lvl1 is looking for new experienced played to raid in MOP, we are going to be the best guild on the server and have already some of the best players signed up we plan to level fast and be the best /w me for an inv.
you only have to look at guild like Voodoo moose and Muted who both started with these sorts of claims and look where they are now
i also trust in our guild management to look after those who look after the guild going into the new expansion so that those who are committed and loyal will be rewarded and remembered in the new content.
if we do go 10man then i will support it and also do what i can using my alts to put together some end of weeks raids for any who might miss out on a progression spot.
Jaden
Hievna
Enlightened

I'm probably taking a "break" from DS and see if i can get to Peter's raiding team. One night of DS is plenty to me. I'm also interested in achievement and heroics of the previous tiers and wouldn't mind getting myself that "Dragon slayer" title.

Sherawr
Guardian

Goes without saying that I too will be staying firmly put! Happy We saw this at the end of WotLK and im sure will happen at the end of MoP. Personally I am in favour of seeing Cata out in 10 man mode now. Too many weeks have gone by were we have to call it looking for raid spots. As you know I have a gazillion alts, 3 of them tanks, and now im rolling the rogue on peters death swaud im sure like Jaden we could sort out a night for people who potentially miss out, but as we are reading some are getting burnt out and want to do other stuffs till the end of the expansion which too is fine. At least this way those who want to raid and progress can, and those who want to chill without the thought of "letting others down" by not being here also can.

I would love to see us progress through the heroics in the coming weeks and work permitting (usually only 1 or 2 days in 3 weeks due to night shifts)I will be there for this, at least this would give you as RL some options for when regular raiders are not there.

Totally Agree with Jaden on the trade spam too, you will see it everywhere so before you jump ship, please remember the grass isn't any greener anywhere else, and the family that is FE has been through so much in the last few years and has always come out on top.....Hoora!

Xeonaught

i think people need to thank the guys who work hard behind the scenes who keept us going this long to be honest .. at the end of every expansion this is normal i will be around on raid days i can make so if you require my services ill be more then happy to help out weather it be old cata content 10 man raiding or what ever but i wont see you tonight as the celebrations have begun Championship here we come whoop

Xeo
Aselieos

Understand where your coming from Jodie and you have my 100% support. I am happy to either raid 10 man or fly the FE flag in a joint venture if the opportunity arises and I fit your criteria :-)

Feel I should probably clarify to some ppl my unusual weds absences recently, as some of you wont be aware. I just got a massive promotion at work which makes it likely that I have to work away midweek, so unless I manage to get a hotel with free net connection or am in Peterboro to beg jaden to let me leech his connection weds are a bit difficult atm. Sundays and Mondays are largely fine and if I know in advance of stuff on weekends I can see if I can jig my social diary around a bit :-)

As Jaden and Jon eluded, this is pretty common behaviour towards the end of an expansion and even more so considering D3 will hit soon and summer is supposedly round the corner. I would just like to say that this guild has managed to put the fun back into the game for me after years or high end raiding and has a great set of core players who I, and I hope they towards me, consider friends.

If there is anything I can do along the road to MoP give me a shout :-)
Toofles the Great

The only thing that concerns me is that the Peters run might get over populated with 25man FE raiders, taking places of those, who have been progressing in DS10 on Wednesdays! I, as well, hope to continue the Wed 10man runs in MoP <3

Guardian

Could be good atm for my 10mans, more people will sign and will be able to fill the spots up etc.

Tbh I won't be doing it for a little bit anyhow with my nose, I can play but I can't play 100% un divided so im not raiding or doing anything that causes slight stress or concentration, I'm not even playing black ops cos that stresses me out lol.

Cassor
Wanderer

Thank you Jodie. We probably do not tell you that enough. I've been raiding long enough to know how much effort a GM has to put in to make things, so thank you Happy

In terms of how to proceed, we can not do 25 man heroics with the current depth of squad. We can not recruit the standard of player we need to replace those we have lost. I saw the same thing when I was in Renaissance and we stopped 25 mans.

We could do joint runs with other guilds, though that runs the risk of having consistent and 'professional' raiders left out. That does sit right with me.

I really like playing with you guys, so I would not look at changing guilds.

I would personally like to see how far we can clear on 10 man on Sundays and Mondays. I would also like to clear the other heroic modes / achievements in FL, BoT and BWD. If we were to run a second team based on the current 25 man raiders then I do not see any conflict with Peter's Thursday run. I really enjoyed Peter's runs in ICC back in the day and it feels a much more relaxed style of raiding.
Gologar

I am quite new in this guild, but feel strong part of it. I have learned what a good raiding team can do. Enjoyed every run, walk through or progres run. A big thank you for the RL named Jodie, also for Jaden, Jon and all mates that have put effort to get where and what we are. I myself got alot of support, more then ever before.
I will stay in guild and fill the raid I am asked for: 25 man mixed guilds or 10 man. Would be nice to see in calendar what is planed. I look forward to see us going up in the rankings in MoP.
eMoon
Enlightened

Dragon soul is out way too long now that It makes me sick. Lack of new content and previews, beta tests of MoP are making people stop playing Cata. I've decided to raid before Diablo III comes out(which is very soon) and then take a break until expansion arrives.

See you (hopefully) all back together in MoP where we will once again do 25 man raids without problems like this

Well I think this has been coming and it's a testament to you tenacious nature to keep trying to get 25 mans.

Like Rob I have changed position and work away randomly as well so has made it complex sometimes to get on for a raid some nights.

My personal take is that I would be happy to join a rotation on 10 mans with other healers - as this is something we seem have a fair amount of. Maybe as Nathan says - Sunday/Monday.

For MOP I would like to get back to 25 mans, and hope we can get a team together and people hang around and not flit to a "greener grass".

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: