Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Missymonk

re: Dumbledoremc Raiding Application - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?

- Adam, 16, Tunbridge Wells (East Sussex)

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

- Dumbledoremc, 85, mage, fire and frost/arcane (depends what mood i'm in for secondary spec :P)http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Dumbledoremc/simple
- Paradéath - 68, DK, blood and frost http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Parad%C3%A9ath/simple
- Shamanitus, 60, Shaman, Restoration and Elemental http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Shamanitus/simple
- All other 7 alts are below 20

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

- Well at the moment I am 7/8 Dragon Soul Normal (all but Warmaster Blackhorn - Shall explain in raid section) and as my guild is at 6/8 normal, I am not going to be able to do HC anytime soon, from Forsaken Enlightenment I am looking for the challenge of HC Dragon Soul and the progression though it that my current guild can't offer me

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

- Jodie :P Met her in a pug run and she is my real id friend

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

- The Blind Watchmakers has been my old guild since joining WoW to which I have been an active member/raider/eventer, and no I don't I did have an application to VII but I had to turn it down

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

- Active Raider, friendly person, good attitude within raids, understanding, willing to listen and learn to/from advice, and an all round positive person

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

- Ok :P

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

- Fire and Either Arcane or Frost, I play Fire because of the high AOE damage, the constant stream of dps and the ability to be able to move within an encounter and still being able to cast. I played Arcane for a long time and I noticed a very high burst dps but when it came to conserving mana I found that it was lacking, which being said I do spec into arcane if I know an raid requires moments of burst dps which some other classes can't manage and I will swap spec before the encounter, I play Frost for PVP because all the frozes, slows and shields make it a lot better PVP class (occasionally if I have a healer I play PVP in fire but you tend to die too quick without one as it lacks the survivability factor)

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

- I always check the patch notes for every patch/hot fix to see what has happened to my class, I also check www.icy-viens.com and www.maxdps.com to check if I any changed to my gear or play style needs to be made.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

- I chose my specs though deciding what would be more useful in a raid, what other people in the same spec as me had and what the recommenced spec was, I start by putting 5 talent points in each row (5 talents that I need most) until I get to the last one, from that I decide what I should have in the whole tree up till my 30th point, I then spec into my last Talent, after I run though all the talents that I am yet completely or partially unspeced in to decide what is better, and finally I double check if I've got a good tree by checking it against any other person who can hit high dps and con paring, this is to check if I've got everything right. Glyphs I check by my rotation and what would increase my dps (e.g extra crit chance, extra damage) and after that it is what would be more useful to have. Other builds I do take into account when doing this.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

- I live at home and am almost always home by 6pm GMT, this means that I can (disasters and acts of god permitting) be online and ready to raid until the end of the raid that night

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

-Week days between 6-10pm GMT, and weekends I can raid any hour if the day between like 10am-1am next morning :P

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

-AtlasLoot, Deadly Boss Mods, Recount, Tidyplates (with hub and widgets), Omen3, and Decursive when needed.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

7/8 Dragon Soul Normal (all but Warmaster Blackhorn - I know all tacts for that fight just guild has only ever done it once and I wasn't available that day), 1/8 Firelands Normal, 1/3 Baradin Holds (only Alizabal)

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

- Dragon Soul normal and the start of Dragon Soul Heroic

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

-I've done some of the achievements in ICC HC but that's about it for any Heroic achievements

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

- That should be fine, I love to raid :D

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

- I would be happy to take the advise into account and to try my best to make improvements that they feel are better

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

- I would feel bad that I didn't get the gear I wanted but if it is in better interest to the guild there is always next time, raids are a team thing and you need to gear up everyone

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

- I would turn up on raid night in case someone isn't here and if I still don't get in I will find out where the group has got to (e.g Hagara) and I would pug to that encounter (e.g Hagara) so when you continue I'd be at the right encounter to maybe continue with the group

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

- I would take it with a pinch of salt and a bit of banter, at the end of the day you know if you've performed to the max and if they are right then better try harder next time, if not then there is no problem there

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

- Stick to it, I've spent 3 hours in the past wiping on bosses because 1 or 2 people don't know what they are doing and it won't affect me in the slightest, I will spend the gold in the knowledge that it's all experience and we will do it eventually

Hope I get in and am looking forward to raiding with you :D
Eliphias

Last edited by Eliphias on 24-9-2013 11:53; edited 1 time in total

---------- Home is where the hearth is ----------
Hievna
Enlightened

Couple of questions. Why is haste important to fire mages and how much do we need haste? How/when do you use combustion and why did you pick glyph of mirror image?
Try to give as much details as possible with your own words.

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

not sure if this is the same dumbledore I pugged a fair amount of Wrath raids with - if so I recall them being pretty decent person.

I recomend you look at Hievna's questions as he is our Mage Guru

Missymonk

re: Re: Dumbledoremc Application

Thanks Eliphias your name rings a bell :P Galadruin sorry but it was another Dumbledore because I started at the very start of Cataclysm.

Why is haste important to fire mages and how much do we need haste?

- Haste is important so we can cast fireball faster but more importantly the more haste rating we have the more ticks on living bomb, pyroblast and combustion we get, each of which causes more damage to the target and increases our dps.

How/when do you use combustion?

- I use combustion by clicking the 4 button on my mouse :P lol, it is used when you have critical mass, pyroblast, living bomb all on the target and your pyroblast gets a critical hit

why did you pick glyph of mirror image?

- so my mirror images dealt fire damage to the target and no frost damage, it was either that or glyph of conjuring or glyph of arcane brilliance, but I thought glyph of mirror image would be more useful.

I am glad there is a mage guru in the guild cause I have been in arcane for so long and completely know the spec - reforging, gear stats,rotations, cooldowns ect. I recently changed to fire and even though by dps is still good and my mana consumption and rotation is ok, I still have much to learn about different scenarios and priority of stats (e.g proportion of crit to haste)
Dawnrazor
Guardian

Sounds a nice guy, and seems to know his stuff.

I hope and pray Hievna never asks me questions like that about Hunter!

Quote:
Haste is important so we can cast fireball faster but more importantly the more haste rating we have the more ticks on living bomb, pyroblast and combustion we get, each of which causes more damage to the target and increases our dps.

This shows you have basic knowledge of your class and spec, but nothing more.
There are couple of haste break points that you should be aware of. Elitistjerk has lot of information and i copied some of it here.

The amount haste you need to get extra tick for LB
+1___516 Haste
+2___3478 Haste
+3___6432 Haste
+4___9389 Hast

The amount haste you need to get extra tick for LB
+1___-
+2___813 haste
+3___2005 haste
+4___3185 haste

We can ignore the second tick from LB and the fourth tick from combustion since both requires more than 3000 haste which isn't reasonable. That means our most important haste break point is third tick to combustion, which is 2005 haste rating. this is easily achieved and more so when we get 500 haste from our 2p tier bonus, dropping it to 1505 haste rating. Anything more than 1505 haste can be reforged to crit. This means that you have 408 haste too much. Keep in mind that these values requires Netherwind presence talent and 5% haste raid buff, which our raid group has.

Quote:
I use combustion by clicking the 4 button on my mouse :P lol, it is used when you have critical mass, pyroblast, living bomb all on the target and your pyroblast gets a critical hit

This doesn't give me anything to work with. Do you time your combustion with something?
Edit: And with something i mean something else than your dots and critical mass.

Quote:
So my mirror images dealt fire damage to the target and no frost damage, it was either that or glyph of conjuring or glyph of arcane brilliance, but I thought glyph of mirror image would be more useful.

I checked your two sites what they say about this glyph and i didn't find anything, but i did find what elitistjerk said about this.
Quote:
Glyph of Mirror Image is a dps loss for Fire. With the glyph Mirror Images only cast Fireball. However, without the glyph Mirror Images cast Frostbolts and Fireblast. For whatever reason using the glyph prevents Mirror Images from casting Fireblast.
In addition, the fireblast is a 6-8 second CD that does not consume a GCD for the Mirror Images. Because the Mirror Images cast several fireblasts the damage from frostbolt and fireblast is greater than the damage of fireballs with the glyph.

Glyph of conjuring is useful in a long fights like madness, where you might need to make another mana gem.

Missymonk

Thank you, like I said I played arcane for a long time so my knowledge of fire isn't as good as my knowledge of arcane, that being said I will edit my gear appropriately, in answer to the question about timed combustion no I don't time it, I wait till it's off cooldown and I have a load of dots of the target, in game if you could help me to time it to max out my dps it would be greatly appreciated. My knowledge may be basic but if I switched to arcane as my main spec I could completely soft haste and hit cap myself to get the most from my gear :P I just require the information in fire to be able to do so :D
Missymonk

just to clarify I should of put "Dumbledoremc Raiding Application" as subject sorry
Dawnrazor
Guardian

You scare me Hievna, you are merciless Happy

re: Dumbledoremc Application

You can now scrap the part about never having done Warmaster Blackhorn now and you can add Heroic Morchok to the list of bosses I've downed :D I've had a good night raiding :P
Cassor
Wanderer

We could use someone to make cookies / water and portals.
Elcaco
caliban/seven
Guardian

a young,well knowlege mage that can be good for the group.
gets my approval

Hievna
Enlightened

I took one more look at your mage and noticed you got a nice upgrade. Cunning of the Cruel is the second best trinket what fire mage can get. The second trinket that you have is Insignia of the Corrupted Mind which isn't bad, but if i remember right you have Will of Unbinding which is better than Insignia of the Corrupted Mind due to the amount of intelligence.

Missymonk

re: Dumbledoremc Application

Ok I will change back when I go to my bank next :P
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum