Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vex Lord

re: Vexadin Protection Paladin Raiding Application - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
Stuart, 28, Stockholm

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Main: Vexadin - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Vexadin/simple
Alts: Vexlord - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Vexlord/simple
Vexlórd - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Vexlórd/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I am applying alongside my girlfriend (Sofia - Caténa), we have recently transfered our mains over from the Horde, and are looking for a place to call home. A friendly and social environment that takes raiding seriously allowing us to all work together to the completion of end-game content.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
We do not know any current guild members, as I found the Guild Site looking online for guilds on Emerald Dream.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
We have raided with The Infernals, Mile Hijal Club, and Arctic Vikings (all Horde) We left Arctic Vikings to move to the Alliance. Sofia has always prefered it here, and was only playing Horde as I asked her to when we started living together last year. Also the Faction balance on ED is 82% Alliance, allowing us to meet many more players Happy .

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I am a friendly player who is always willing to work for the best of the guild I am in, and happy to help guildies out with whatever, be it an old raid or a current HC dungeon. We are also both raiders and while out to have fun, we take it seriously, as we do want to defeat the big uglies.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
Protection is main spec for all content so far, though I am currently gearing up my Holy OS. I play a tank as I have always enjoyed tanking, from my 1st MMO days in Final Fantasy XI back in 2003.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I always read patch notes, and have a few websites bookmarked: Icyveins, and mmomeltingpot being the ones I use most. Also have MaxDPS, and WoW Popular bookmarked.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
The current build I am using I found on mmomeltingpot, and have seen it fits my playstyle. Also have glyphed for Lay on hands, as even though it's not a tank ability the shorter CD can often save a wipe if things are taking a turn for the worse. I have looked at other builds, and have no objections to them, though its pretty hard to build a bad Prot spec if you have knowledge of the role.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
I may not be a Time Lord, so have to bow to the acts of god mentioned above, but I am in control of my own time and as such will be able to commit to any raid I sign for.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
I am almost always available and can meet any raid plans, including your scheduled ones. Though I would bow out of any idea to plan a morning raid .... Me no like mornings ...(grunt)

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
DBM is a must for all, and Omen for any tank role. I also have Tidy Plates: Threat Plates, as it allows a very easy method of keeping track of aggro per mob. I also use a number of addons for customizing my UI. Allowing a personal touch. Bartender4, X-Pearl mainly. I also use Vhudo for my healing purposes, allowing for faster reactions without having to deselect my current target.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
I started playing WoW with the Cata launch, and have done all the content up to DS of which I am currently 5/8. My experiance has been over a few toons, as I have often been asked to fill a needed role (the warlock was leveled just for that purpose, though we left WoW for a few months), as can be seen on my alts linked above. I have also "raided" in other games, most recently SW:TOR (all current content - a nightmare of bug caused wipes and frustration) which we were playing for the last few months. This Prot Paladin is a new toon having been created 19/03/2012 with our return to WoW. I have played paladin alot before though, so I am not totally new to the class. I deleted all toons on all servers in August last year and completely restarted - I can be weird at times confused I am planning on staying on Paladin though. I want to play a class of my choosing rather than what I am asked, as no-one else wants to switch.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I am currently geared for all content up to DS normal, and am working on getting better, VP cap and LFR being best way now, although slow as well as running HoT to hopefully get some of the lower drop items to boost my gear, and continue to gear my OS.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
Does LFR count lol ? tongue out Sadly not many as this is still a new toon, though I love getting achievments, and am quite willing to put in the effort if I am given a chance.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
Yes I will sign and be available for all raids. I usually sign for all available raids anyway, and then stand-by if more of those "acts of god" come up.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
While ignorance may be bliss, knowledge is power. I try to never enter a fight blind, so am happy to listen to any possible ways to improve.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
Let out an echoing scream in the abyss of my mind, and then congratulate the player. That's life, and if we are all geared well we can progress further, meaning even more "sparkeling epics" Happy

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
Accept it. I know from experiance that balance can be hard to manage. I am happy to sit out at times, its part of the way things work. It's when the same group are chosen week in and week out that i would feel sidelined.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
"awww that hurts ..... here where my heart should be" I will not make a scene, for all I know they are having a bad day, ontop of a long raid. If it become a regular thing I may try resolve it once we had a day off to cool down.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
Ahhhh the joys on new content. Thats how we learn, and struggle. Best go gather or craft to get funds for the next wipe night :-)
Vex Lord

re: Aditional application info

I jusr ealized I was a bit of an idiot an overlooked part of question 2

I am Protection Paladin level 85 with Mining 525 and Jewelcrafting 532 (currently doing the dailies to get al the epic gems)
Toofles the Great

Less reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.
Like it more <3

We are currently trying to progress on heroic modes, so tank who has only tanked some of the content may need some time to get familiar with all mechanics. In the other hand, normal modes are farm content to us so gear & experience could be done there.

I do not play paladin, so I will not comment your gear/talents/etc. I will leave that to others.

Tehmaster wrote:
Like it more <3

I liked the red tbh.

Both are good apps, talking about both Stuart's and Sofia's as I think we need to consider them together. I like the idea that they are looking for a home and I think that's sums up FE (even down to the annoying little brother Happy)

My only slight concern is raiding with couples - you tend to get both attend or neither. Also there is the possibility that we need a healer not a tank for the raid that night, how would it be for one of you to raid and not the other?
Vex Lord

Cassor wrote:
Tehmaster wrote:
Like it more <3

I liked the red tbh.

Both are good apps, talking about both Stuart's and Sofia's as I think we need to consider them together. I like the idea that they are looking for a home and I think that's sums up FE (even down to the annoying little brother Happy)

My only slight concern is raiding with couples - you tend to get both attend or neither. Also there is the possibility that we need a healer not a tank for the raid that night, how would it be for one of you to raid and not the other?

My colour showed in preview but didn't post lol /sadface

Plese do consider our apps as joined. We stay and play together, she joined horde as I was there before we met, and she left WoW to play SWTOR with me (so sad there ... years of anticipation and a let down) we returned to WoW together. Though we switched back to alliance recently as I know she always prefered it here, and her happy is me happy :D

However while we do want to be in the same guild (family Happy ) we understand raiding and its balance issues. We have both had experiance as officers and raiders before. So while we do want to raid together it is not a must every time. To extend the above example ... take her that night, I can go : mine, fish, cook, craft, the list goes on lol. I will still be on available if I am needed, but will not get upset. We have seen couples who insist on being together everytime (the guild did try make this happen for them too) but in the end they raided less over all. I know Sofia feels the same way, we have often had nights before where only one is called up, and are happy to play our parts when needed.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Seems both are nice applications, so a yes from me and tbh if one doesn't get into the 25man there is always the 10man on thursday Happy.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Hey Stuart thank you for your application, I see you have cleared DS normal on your druid, is there a particular reason you have changed onto your Paladin?

As you can see we have 2 prot paladin applications at the moment and ideally I would like to give you both a shot to see who best fits into our 25 man squad regardless of the outcome there are other opportunities to raid 10 man within the Guild if 25 man doesn't fit.

I would also like to see you actively gearing your offspec as a couple of fights only require 1 tank and a geared offspec makes you much much more desirable in the raid squad.

I am going to wait for Sofias response to Eluniels questions on her application before making a final decision, but I really like both of your applications and Im sure FE will make a perfect home for you!

Hievna
Enlightened

There is only couple of minor things that i see. You haven't used your JC gems and your weapon is unenchanted. You got couple of stamina gems, which i personally dislike and i wouldn't agree some of your reforge. Oh and you got dps belt and trinket, which of course isn't optimal.

Vex Lord

Tethane wrote:
Hey Stuart thank you for your application, I see you have cleared DS normal on your druid, is there a particular reason you have changed onto your Paladin?

As you can see we have 2 prot paladin applications at the moment and ideally I would like to give you both a shot to see who best fits into our 25 man squad regardless of the outcome there are other opportunities to raid 10 man within the Guild if 25 man doesn't fit.

I would also like to see you actively gearing your offspec as a couple of fights only require 1 tank and a geared offspec makes you much much more desirable in the raid squad.

I am going to wait for Sofias response to Eluniels questions on her application before making a final decision, but I really like both of your applications and Im sure FE will make a perfect home for you!

I skip the long story for now about why, but I deleted all my toons last year and stared from new, with a resto druid. It was never meant to be a raid toon, just something I had never played before. However within 24hrs of hitting 85 I had been asked to respec to balance (a spec I wasn't totally keen on), to fill a spot in the current raid team. Later I was asked to roll the lock as that spot became a "needed" one. Though we went to try SWTOR soon after hitting 85 hence the locks low raid completion. I raided and leveled as the guild asked, but it was never my intention to raid those toons. I have always prefered a tank, (paladin or Death Knight) so when we came back a couple of weeks ago I decided to start a paladin and focus on him being my main. While I am happy to help with what a guild needs, it would be nice to play a toon and role I want aswell. Same thing happened in SWTOR too leveld a tank, but then as we had more than needed I was one of those that had to respec DPS to fill in again.

I have seen the other Prot Pally too, and I am sure we can all get along Happy

I am currently gearing my offspec too, though it has been a bit slower as I am using the points I get to try max out my main spec first. I am aware that having a useable OS makes for a better toon. As I only got to 85 on the 20th of March it's still an ongoing process.

Sofia has been at work hence her not replying. She will be home soon =)
Elcaco
caliban/seven
Guardian

cant see much to put fingers on. hievena noticed your enchants and maybe that u use your jc gems more. but that is easily changed. maybe try to get more balance between your dodge and parry, not have more than 1% difference.

Good written applications from both of u. and i would like to give my approval for your trials.

Vex Lord

Hievna wrote:
There is only couple of minor things that i see. You haven't used your JC gems and your weapon is unenchanted. You got couple of stamina gems, which i personally dislike and i wouldn't agree some of your reforge. Oh and you got dps belt and trinket, which of course isn't optimal.

I havn't used the JC self gems yet because I havn'e got them yet. I only started working on mining and JC about a week ago, as this is a fairly new toon. Weapon enchant will be on soon, waiting for Sofia to come home and buy it for me lol. I ran out of gold again. Stamina gems were put in to activate the meta gem, as well as boost HP a bit, as at the time, my gear was a bit lower and I was taking bigger hits. As I continue to gear up I will reduce them. I also think there are better gems to use there. Reforging changes with whatever gear upgrades I get, though I am always will to listen to advice on that, as it can be a tricky balance at times Happy. DPS belt trinket, and legs .... /cry I know. I am am still trying to get the tank items, but the drop rate in HoT is really low on them, and the ilvl 378 shield is the lie, not the cake lol. I am using VP and JP to get these up too, Bought JP hands, and got the DS ones that night ... sod's law I guess. But as this toon has only been 85 for a fortnight I just havent had the time to max it all out yet.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Im sure you will sort out all the minor details.

So yes we would like to offer you a trial spot within FE, poke an Officer for an invite and I will get you some raid invites for tomorrow and throw you in the deep end!

Please read the last part of this thread http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814 on what other bits you need to do!

Can you also make sure you get vent ready, I do like my tanks to be vocal during the raid Happy

Welcome!

P.S Sorry bit of a copy pasted welcome from Sofias!

Vex Lord

Tethane wrote:
Im sure you will sort out all the minor details.

So yes we would like to offer you a trial spot within FE, poke an Officer for an invite and I will get you some raid invites for tomorrow and throw you in the deep end!

Please read the last part of this thread http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814 on what other bits you need to do!

Can you also make sure you get vent ready, I do like my tanks to be vocal during the raid Happy

Welcome!

P.S Sorry bit of a copy pasted welcome from Sofias!

Thanks for invite and chance Happy

Will get all things forum and addon done now.

Copy and paste is cool, as talking to one of us is kinda like talking to both anyway
Cassor
Wanderer

Welcome to FE Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum