Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ltcolvirtue

re: shínígamí unholy death knight raiding application - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
my name is Daniel Faulkner I am 14 years old and live in Gibraltar

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
My characters name is shínígamí he is an 85 unholy death knight with mining (I am going to level blacksmithing also soon)my only alts are on the horde side, this is my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Sh%C3%ADn%C3%ADgam%C3%AD/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I am applying to the guild because I enjoy raiding and I enjoy doing it more with a guild than in a pug, the only thing I expect out of the guild is a mature fun environment for me to raid in with other people who also enjoy raiding.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I heard about you through trade chat, I asked if there were any raiding guilds recruiting and I got a reply saying that this guild was recruiting.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I have just transferred over from the horde so the only guild on alliance I have been on is the one I am in now and that is because my friend just invited me to it when I transferred. On horde side I was in desolation before I transferred.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I bring some generally good dk as a death knight, I also bring my mining which I will if I get accepted donate allot of ores to the gb or any other guildie who may need it, also as I mentioned before I going to level my blacksmithing so I would be able to help out with that.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
I am looking for a raiding rank.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
I play with unholy and my OS is frost I have frost in-case I decide to go frost again but at the moment unholy does almost the same or more damage and in my opinion is more fun, I also have some tank gear so I may make my OS tank soon.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I visit the wow website quite often and I am subscribed with quite allot of wow channels on youtube I generally try and keep as up to date as possible on the changes that are happening.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
my talents that I chose are in my opinion the best dps talents for unholy, it is optional to drop one in unholy blight and put one in amz but I decided that I would prefer a small dot than a small shield that will instantly be destroyed. For my glyphs I could not think of any that are better than the ones I currently have.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
If I sign up for a raid I will be able to make the raid with not problem at all I have plenty of time and do not tend to change much in my schedule.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
I can raid from 6-11 pm realm time on any week day and at any time on weekends I would be able to make all the raid days.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
I tend to use bartender for my action bars, DBM ofc, recount, magic runes to keep track of my runes, and tidy plates.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
I have done 4/4 BoT on my priest 5/6 BWD on my priest as healer 5/7 FL on my dk and 6/7 on priest and 5/8 DS as unholy dk

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I believe I am geared enough to do DS on normal maybe not enough to do it on HC but then again I will need to down death wing to do it on hc.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I have unfortunately not done any raids on hard mode but I would very much like to do so, I have only got 1 achieve from a raid and that is on my priest from BWD adn I woudl like to try hard modes and get even more achievements.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
I have no problem signing for 100% of the raids in my trial period if I get accepted.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I will take in their criticism and change my spec/rotation using the information they have provided me with, I am always open to constructive criticism.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
I would be fine with that and tbh if it is a better upgrade for them I would most likely pass on it if I was given that chance to roll on it or have it.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
I do not mind sitting out for raids if it benefits the raid group after all being part of a team can sometimes mean sitting out and doing nothing.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
I would accept it and if it is true I would accept it and try and be better next time.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
I am not going to lie I would be slightly frustrated but I would carry on raiding and try not to complain, after all it can sometimes take time, effort and allot of gold on repair bills to make progress and become better.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to look over and consider my application Happy
Tethane
Guild Mistress

The only thing that would concern me is your age we generally do not accept those under 16, however your application gives the impression of maturity and reads very well. I would like some others to comment before we come to a decision!

Eluniel
Guardian

Very well written indeed. As always I will leave gear/talent/etc comments to those who play death knights. Jon, Peter, Thomas, others?

Age... yes, it might be a concern, but in the other hand we have a trial period. Within that time we can see will the person fit to raiding or not.

pleanty of us older folk to mentor him if he steps out of line, I say give the young pup a chance :-)
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Aselieos wrote:
pleanty of us older folk to mentor him if he steps out of line, I say give the young pup a chance :-)

Who you calling old!!!!!!!!! Anywhos lets not hijack the post, would like some DK owners to comment or I'm going to have to do some research and I'm very tired!

On another note you should level your proffs asap for the gear bonuses they give.

Hievna
Enlightened

I see no problem with talents, gems, enchants and reforges. I have two questions about these though. Why aren't you using strength enchant on wrist and why isn't expertise that important when you are unholy.
I recommend you leveling BS as soon as possible, since it gives you two extra gem sockets.
Since you have only some tank gear pieces i assume you're not very experience as a tank, or not with DK at least.
Check your frost glyphs if you are planning to use frost anytime soon.

Cassor
Wanderer

Age isn't a problem as long as it doesn't mean a watershed on vents / raids !!!

14 + Mature doesn't go hand in hand in my head. No offence intended.
Ltcolvirtue

thank you all for taking a look at my application. Firstly I am about to start leveling my BS today, and the reason that expertise is not that important for an unholy death knight is because the majority of my damage comes from my pet so it is more beneficial to buff my pet to get more dps, also I currently don't have the strength enchant on my bracers because I don't have enough gold at the moment, but I am going to sell a couple of epic gems on AH and if the sell I will gt that enchant ASAP. Also Cassor there should be no problem with a watershed I am not that young Happy.
Once again thank you for looking over my application.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Pets get your Expertise and hit rating so if you were expertise capped your pet would hit more, but I thought expertise wasn't that important because a lot of the damage you do is from spells and dots?.

Ltcolvirtue

I think I made a mistake there, I believe you are right the majority of my damage is dots death coil and my pet and expertise does not benefit y pet as much as crit would and doesn't affect my diseases and death coil at all.
Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: Shinigami

Unholy stat priority is, Strength > 8%melee hit > Haste > Crit > Mastery then Expertise. So all of his reforging is right, just 1 enchant that's wrong, and all gems are Rare quality and correct. I don't see anything wrong with his application at all to be honest. Think he deserves a trial spot as a chance to prove he is worthy of our awesomeness!

Sherawr
Guardian

Currently i'm in work but will take an in depth look at the app and amory when I get in tonight

Ltcolvirtue

one of my auctions just sold so I have bought the 50 strength enchant with the gold, I have also started leveling my blacksmithing it is currently level 150.
jadenftw
Enlightened

I like the cut of his jib

if I knew how to use forums corectly I would quote his bit about "rather having a small dot than a small shield" thats good dps mentalatly and will give us healers something to do Happy
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

age could be an issue but meh, i like the maturity and repsonses in the posts so a yes from me

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum