Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Hopzy

re: Hopzy Frost Death knight - DECLINED

1. What is your name, age and location?
Jake, 15, South coast UK
2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Hopzy (May change) 85. Death knight Frost dual wield and no professions (sorry)
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Emerald%20Dream/Mammy/advanced

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Emerald%20Dream/Hopzy/advanced
3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
Well i know a new guy in the guild, Meheal, and he tells me that you are a very fun guild to raid with. You have the same profession as my main (Mammy @ Emerald Dream) But i'm unsure if you have the pre-Nerf or not. Either way you obviously know what you are doing when it comes to dragon soul and i do too. I would like to do more with this character and i feel moving it to alliance may give me the opportunity to progress more in raiding.
4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
As i said in the above question, i know Meheal. I heard about the guild through him and he was telling me about the guild as a whole
5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
None.
6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I already have a good raiding experience with 10mans in dragon soul, and as your website clearly states you have 6/8 and i feel i could give you tips on how to get over this barrier.
7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
Raiding.
Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
Frost dual wield. This is a very flexible spec to play with and can offer lost of damage in very few spells but to get the maximum damage it takes a little bit more skill and i enjoy this.
How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I am constantly on MMO-champion, in fact its my Home Page.
Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
There is only really 3 glyphs that a frost DK is required to have and they are: Glyph of Howling blast - This one gives you the opportunity to keep your Frost Fever up when it procs, therefore you don't need to waste a frost run. Considering Obliterate is one of my main damaging spells it seems liable to get the 20% damage buff on it so you can get more damage out of it. Lastly Glyph of frost strike - this is really good because you have more frost strikes to use when burning down your topped off runic power so effectively its more damage.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Yes, all your raiding times are legible except for Mondays, there is a chance that my main character (Mammy @ Emerald Dream) could be healing our 10man raiding team but this isn't always garunteed.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
They fit perfectly

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
I use Vuhdo, Recount, DBM and omen3.
What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
I've completed Dragon Soul on normal Pre-Nerf. This was healing on my restoration druid (Mammy @ Emerald Dream)

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I believe i'm ready to start dragon soul, but possibly not complete it.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
Our guild has not yet attempted Hard Mode but we are due to soon

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
If this does not include Mondays then Yes.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I would check if they were correct and if they were i would change it as soon as possible.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
That's perfectly fine, it seems totally legible

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
I say what i feel, and if they disagree i would be fine and go play on something else but have someone on real id if there is issues.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
I would tell them to F**k off, *jokes* :D i would say were all stressed out, if you really mean it mention it another time and i will see what i could do to improve/change that comment

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
Obviously anyone would feel demotivated but it has to be done to get it right, ill be thinking 'i want that gear to drop, i want that gear to drop' and that should keep me motivated. I will also try and keep others motivated.

I will only get a faction change if i'm accepted into the guild. This will be done as soon as possible
Eluniel
Guardian

What... 6/8? You must be looking 10-man progress. We are currently #4 at server's 25-man rankings. So, it is 8/8, prenerf kill. ^_^

I will not comment your gear, talents or spec, since I do not play DK. I assume that someone else will do that. DK raiders, Thomas, Peter, someone?

There are two things that bother me here; one is that you do not want to join with your main character (we are not alt guild) and second is that you prefer raiding with your main over raiding with FE. Any change that you would also bring your druid?

Why are you using hybrid gems when you could be using 40 str gems?
There is couple of enchants that could be better.
You have too much hit and too little expertise.
I have specced my DK slightly different than you have. Can you explain why you chose them instead of others? Like 2 points in icy reach for example.
Why do you have 2h frost as second spec and not blood or unholy? Have you tried the other two spec?
What race are you planning to change?

Zuruthan
Enlightened

i have a dk alt i play from time to time.
And like thomas had said, why the icy reach?
As a raiding spec i do not see the positive side on this, heck, even prefer Lichborne above that, since u can coilheal yourself in times of need. Or put the points into Improved Frost Presence even.
The rest seems ok, altho, i do not get why u reforge hit from your headpiece, if u then enchant your bracers with hit rating, just a tought...
As for a quote, "i will gladly help u get over this barrier". Seems to me that u place yourself above our guild, and i don't like the attitude of "i hope my gear will drop, i hope my gear will drop"... As a starter u won't be getting all the gear u desire compared to fellow raiders who've been here longer. What would your reaction be towards this?
Your 2nd spec is just a copy of the first, with just a switch between 2h and DW... why is that?
I don't see any benefit from that, why not test out UH?
Or get a tanking offspec, it's allways handy !

But seems like an OK app for the rest Happy.

Just my tought about it ;).

- Zurrrrrrru

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Well we would like another DK to join our team but we do not accept alts and do require 100% attendance through your trial. I wouldn't be happy to accept anyone that would take a preference in a raid spot with another guild.

As for the "getting over your barrier" comment, we are a pure 25 man Guild 8/8 prenerf and 4th progressed 25 man Guild on the server. In all fairness your lack of experience in 25 man Dragonsoul concerns me, 10 man is pretend raiding :P

Cassor
Wanderer

As Jodie says, our 10 man team are non-core raiders who do 10 man for a laugh and to keep them from trouble Happy

I just don't get the sense that you have raided a lot and at the right level on your main, let alone your alt.
Hopzy

If there was a change to my main's guild, like the times were no longer available for me i would most likely move to alliance, it seems with the greater population in alliance gives them an advantage on more signup in 25man guilds etc... I didn't know that the guild wasn't doing 10mans too, i must of missed it.

That talent spec was given to my by a friend and i really didn't ask why he did it, and to be honest i'm actually questioning myself on why i didn't notice them two talents and i'm going to change them into something more ... valuable?

The thing about the whole 'i hope my gear will drop' is what keeps me motivated. It's just the way i work, regardless if i don't get it or not. My reaction of someone getting the gear is so what... there's always next time (Remember people have different ways of keeping them motivated in a long raid and this is how i do it).
Hopzy

Oh and about the gems/enchants on my gear I really should of looked on Mr Robot and fixed it before i applied, sorry about that. Just the enchants can be sometimes expensive but i'm trying to get the proper enchants as soon as possible.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Tethane wrote:
, 10 man is pretend raiding :P
Yea... Obviously.. Only difference in 10man and 25man is you have less idiots to c**k it up for you, Otherwise 25man would be easy aswell. By what I've seen one shotting every boss in 25man seems easier than getting stuck on warmaster in 10man....... And I do 10man cos I can't make 25man's and its more personal don't have to carry as much people.

Maybe he's applying to join the 10man team as he mentioned that?!

Its a nice application tbh, just need to go tweek your spec and join on your main and it will be fine with me.

Hopzy

I was on my way of tweaking my spec and I remember'd it was Wednesday . And I've got a spec for blood at the ready and i will learn that spec and get gear as soon as possible. Regarding my main, I totally understand why you want it and i'm sorry to say that i was only going to consider moving my Death knight and i totally understand if you decline the application for that reason.

Thank you Happy
Hopzy

My intention was not to apply to the 10man part of the raid too but i wouldn't mind it.
Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: DK app

Not sure if i'm the only one that has noticed it or not, but he has no professions. To me thats a big loss in dps / money making abilities (to better gear etc.). To me it just seems as though he's not making the effort to make his character the best it can be. Some of the gems are confusing, using hybrid gems that don't even give the socket bonus for example??? Also some of your enchants aren't even dps enchants. I think that if you took everybody's comments into consideration, you'd stand a very good chance of being accepted into the guild, including the comments about 100% attendance needed (even mondays). Good luck with your application to the guild, as it stands now it's a no from me, but if you make these efforts to improve your character then it will change to a yes Happy.

Hopzy

The gems and enchants have been fixed. Well some of them aren't what Mr robot suggest but at least they are now dps versions.
Sherawr
Guardian

Sorry in the delay in my response. As the guilds MT and only raiding deathknight I feel the comments of my piers above have pretty much covered all bases from gems to glyphs and talents choices. I personally am not going to waste much time, as if you aren't going to be transferring across your main, and cannot commit to the full raiding schedule for the trial period then I seriously doubt that your app will be accepted.

GL in the future

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Couple of key points (Some mentioned)

Professions: So many good ones that benefit you, certainly Blacksmith for extra 2 gem sockets is great.

www.noxxic.com is a good website with sound advice on all classes.

A key point we are missing is the chap is willing to Faction Change to join which is a fair commitment as a starter.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum