Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Donvipra

re: Dark intent targets and incoming hard modes

The healing table is done as well, before hand I apologize for the absence of Thania on the list, despite being in healing gear and spec the simulator kept putting her on DPS even after a manual override to healer.

Alright the first table is made on a Ultraxion styled boss and as the DPS on a 450 second duration.

Player

Galadruin
Ithra
Eluniel
Emoonpl
Meheal
HPS without DI

HPS With DI_Source: Tethane

Increase

Where the second table is created by a Patchwerk styled boss with minor movement involved.

Player

Galadruin
Ithra
Eluniel
Emoonpl
Meheal
HPS without DI

HPS With DI_Source: Tethane

Increase

Hievna
Enlightened

There is something i find funny about your charts. How it is possible to lose dps/hps with DI?

Donvipra

If there is no benefit for the caster or the receiver, it can be loss of dots or an extra tick, also the charts have been made with our current gear and should show who gets extra benefit from it.
And it's an increase of raid dps / healing, so if it says for example we should "loose" 150 dps that's a raid wide loss if 150 dps because neither the caster or the receiver has gained anything from that haste and the proc to actually gain anything over not having it at all.
Aselieos

so i assume for ppl who are at a haste cap (or at a stage where they need like 200 more haste for haste to have any further effect) it is of no use, hence the overall loss to raid damage?? Would make sense as im pretty sure im at a point where haste doesnt benefit me as much as other stats unless i have a ridiculous amount of it :p
Phenoma
Phenoma9
Enlightened

One mistake with the list, u can't DI another warlock, the moment I dark intent someone, jodies dark intent would cancel out (or if i dark intent first and then jodie dark intents me, instead of a 3% buff to dot dps per stack, i get 1%):P

Dark Intent is best aimed at which role needs the buffs the most. For example, if its a fight where we are dying due to deaths, specially tank deaths, any boosts to healers is a good thing. however, if we are dying to enrage timers, the dps will then need the most buffs.

nice lists thou:D
Tethane
Guild Mistress

I think the simple response is both me and Luke are very aware of our DI targets and the best benefit those would give the rdps, if we are not DIing resto druids it goes to spriests, balance druids and fire mages!

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Donvipra wrote:
Alright the first table is made on a Ultraxion styled boss and as the DPS on a 450 second duration.
Galadruin
HPS without DI 14186
HPS With DI_Source: 14346

Where the second table is created by a Patchwerk styled boss with minor movement involved.
Galadruin
HPS without DI 8968
HPS With DI_Source: 9032

I don't want to blow my own trumpet or such like - but these numbers are complete toilet - not sure what the emulator is saying pally's are doing - but to hit these numbers I suspect they are AFK.

Eluniel
Guardian

Aww… Jodie and other warlocks; I have never even thought that you are not the best ones to do the DI decision. I didn't start this discussion for that reason.
The thing is; DI affects resto druid's gear, so you can’t freely move it from druid without hps loss (aka if druid assumes that he/she gets DI and has only 1573 haste). In the other hand, if druid has 2005 haste on gear and he/she still gets DI on raids, he/she could be more effective by dropping haste from gear.

TLDR:
- 1573 & DI = good, haste breakpoint reached
- 2005 & DI = not good, over haste breakpoint, haste is our weakest stat outside breakpoints, crit is nice tho

- 2005 & _no_ DI = good, haste breakpoint reached,
- 1573 & _no_ DI = awful, haste breakpoint not reached, druid should even give up int to get 2005 haste, it is that important

I’m baffled: get haste breakpoint like everyone else does and get less benefit form DI or rely getting it and be absolute disaster without it. When swapping to druid I was so happy that things seemed clear. D:

But after all, it is just one buff.

i want a DI too !

Phenoma
Phenoma9
Enlightened

Only chance for a hunter to get a DI is if they are in survival spec:p (think its survival spec, i forget)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: