Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Raiyen
Wanderer

re: Sunflare , enhancement shaman - DECLINED

No.
Eluniel
Guardian

Ok, grammar is not prefect. He did not understand Peter's sentence at first read and I picked his comment about it. Peter's sentence was not the clearest, but he could have just written “I was just confused.” or “ I missed the point.” instead of “I was just confused by your lack of punctuation .” He can be just noting the reason of his misunderstanding, but this kind of need to point the fault/flaw to other people can be possible cause of lots of trouble.

I’m still not sure is se arrogant or just short worded (and like to add reasons without thinking how they can be viewed).

Anyways:
im0rtel wrote:
Im just trying to fill a application to the best of my capacities . I dont think that my person , my feelings , emotes can be discussed over a application. Here you can get at most a first impression which is based on what you know of me from the past rather than trying to understand what im doing here, …

But you are applying into FE as person and you are giving your fist impression to us via these words. Your next impression can be given via your performance/attitude if/when you join our raids. In this case your name, your age and your location would just give us better idea who you are, but you do not want to give this information. It is not essential, but as Jodie said, it is the way FE works. I do appreciate you taking your time and answering to us, but I still would like to know more about you.

Things like; do you play other games than WoW? I currently like to spend time with skyrim due lack of thing to do on wow outside of raids. Ofc there is always an option of pvp. Do you like it? Arenas, etc… ? I think we have some pvp enthusiast on guild. How about real life hobbies? I do photography and biking. Well, actually biking is just easier way to move around than car. ^_^

You may think that any of these things don’t belong to application, or at least not in application that you write to join on some guild to play game. But we are people and people like to know who and what kind of person they are talking. It is like job application; it needs a bit of personal touch.

im0rtel wrote:
… which is : extending a warm hand to a possible group of friends . Now if you want to shake that hand and forget your past misconceptions , that would be great , if you dont then its your choice and i respect it.

I see this as stand-up/honest thing and that is good.

How can i not be on the defensive when the NO's keep rolling in . The only person that actualy had a kind word was marxua and for that i thank him . I will not further reply , i will no longer try to be " argumentative " as someone well said . Instead i will await your decision and posibily a critique on my raiding skills not on my person , which you seem to find a great subject to flame on .
All im saying is that if you want someone to join you could also show some kindness , which i dont really see at the moment. I understand that the social side matters and i understand that i have made some mistakes in my application . You should not guide yourself by those. I , untill now , cannot find the way to edit a post. Maybe you could show me how to do that. You can plainly see my written english skills here . Do you really need my location to figure how well i speak and write ? My name is still something id like to keep private for now . I hope you can understand.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Nobody said NO until you started acting like you did, People just asked you questions. So that excuse is invalid.

Zuruthan
Enlightened

Ok, for all i've seen here, it's just getting silly...
When i'm standing in SW idling, sunflare is next to me...
And from the "group" conversations we had there, sunflare seems like a very decent, funny, loveable person...
Never raided with sunflare unfortunatly, and no toughts about shamans...

But as a person i say yes to sunflare, i'll leave the gear etc to the people who have some knowledge about shamans ;).

- Zuru

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

im0rtel wrote:

Dude please point me to that arrogance , i personaly dont think what you are saying is true but please show me where you got that impression from , exactly.

As I presumed you were english - there is a staccato nature in the responses which is indicative of maybe a superior nature, or perhaps an anger caused by having to fill in an application.

Or maybe you are just short of words - I have a belief (some say it is insane) you only say so many words before you die - and women get twice as many to say as men, maybe it goes for the written word as well.....

im0rtel wrote:

I am sad that you have voted no on my applicati even though i am willing to still remake what you feel that is not good enough . I am also a bit confused by the way on contradicting yourself . On one hand you say you have enjoyed raiding with me and on the other , on a raiding application , you feel that i will be disruptive and agressive . I still dont know what to make of this . Maybe you can explain better what you have ment because right now i get the feeling you are contradicting yourself.

Not contradictory at all - one is a pug run - and letting people know they are wrong in a comical fashion is one thing, guild runs and a similar thing could become grating.

Knowing how to raid and what to do in all circumstances is great. Knowing how other classes work in the raid is also great.
My key issue is that I do think you will rub guildies up the wrong way - and perhaps you don't mean too - it's just your nature.

im0rtel wrote:

My raiding experience can be a benefit to your guild. Please consider wisely before taking a decision like that , Galadruin the Dwarf.

I have no doubt at all that it may be of benefit - but it's a case in point to my orignal statement on the very way you have put yourself across.

However I am always happy to be proven wrong as it improves my general impression of the community of WoW and humanity as a whole - and it's not unusual for connotations to be lost in what someone has written and how another person reads it.

Re Name - just give a nickname - something you can be known by to give a personal touch - or the first name - it's not like people are gonna stalk you....

Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: Sunflare App

As always, pob has the exact right amount of diplomacy whilst getting his point across. /bow

Erebos(pete)
Alt

A big NO!
This person should not be let in, in steelbloom it showed itself a regular dictator kicking people for not wearing tabbards etc etc
With the climax of drama in lunar eclipse the guild i also was a council member for.
A nice person but never to be trusted sadly i dont see time changing anything about such a character flaw.

Big big big trouble and i am not a person to speak out so strongly about anything ingame. It would just be to much to see the same atmosphere created again.

And yes mivi it is cealis and no i dont care to much wat you type back.
Aaltsje
Wanderer

Let me start by saying that I personally have no issues with Mivi. When I started raiding he was very helpful and I think we got along well. And because we were in the same guild for such a long time, I feel it's only right for me to comment on his post as well.
I guess Mivi is one of those persons who alof of people have strong opinions about, most of them being negative. I'm not saying I share those opinions, but I can imagine why they do exist. The drama in Steelbloom as well as LEC was awful. And I'm sure Mivi played his part in that as well. But when it comes to raiding, it's true: Mivi is a good player, be it a stubborn one. Anyway, I can't give a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer, because I'm not a part of the raiding team. I guess it all comes down to whether or not you are willing to give him a chance.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I think that a lot of this is what I was getting at with my initial post, I don't believe it was presented in an unkind way and everyone that knows me would know that's far from my personality.

In answer to your question about editing posts unfortunately because of a number of spam posts that the site received we have had to limit the access guest posters can have, thus they are unable to edit posts.

I think we are/were all aware of a certain reputation, I was limited with the specifics as I honestly believe everyone deserves a fair chance in applying to the Guild, we have in the past recruited players with less than perfect reputation based on there application and conduct at the time.

My reason for not letting purely my judgement be the basis for acceptance/decline is because I knew there would be some strong opinions here and thought it would be fair to see if I/the Guild received any kind of reassurance of change of character.

If I was being purely selfish I would accept you as I know you would make a skilled addition to our raid team. I don't doubt your ability as a player and have seen first hand your capability in a raiding enviroment, of all this I have no doubt.

I have to admit that if this was my application to a Guild I would be a little upset from the negativity and I apologise for that, I can't control peoples self developed opinions. BUT instead of walking away from it I would attempt to dispel some fears and build some bridges or offer some sort of explanation or reassurance that this person we are basing our opinions on is not one in the same that's applying to the Guild. Unfortunately I'm not seeing that.

I think I need to put a full stop at the end of this thread, I didn't want it to become any sort of "mivi bashing" exercise and if it has come across as such that's purely down to the strong views of the members of this Guild.

So while I am sure you would be a great raiding addition I don't think the FE is the right place for you socially (and the raiding and social part do come hand in hand with us) and as such I'm declining your application. I really hope you find a good home that fits your needs and wish you the best of luck for the future.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum