Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
im0rtel

re: Sunflare , enhancement shaman - DECLINED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?

I would rather keep my real name age and location private.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Sunflare , 85, shaman , enhancement , Blacksmith / Enchanter .

link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Sunflare/simple

No alts worth mentioning.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

No real expectations . Just a spot in the raid grup.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

Marxua and Sycamorechaz.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

No other applications . Been in Stormwatch for several years however my services are not needed anymore.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

No special qualities at all or wait a second let me grab my superman suit.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Raiding spot application.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Duel spec ? Maybe you mean Dual Spec. I raid as enhancement . I like it . No other secondary spec.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

Wowhead , MMO Champion , World of logs , the official blizzard site.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

My talents and glyphs are pve orientated . I have chosen them because they are best fitted for pve.
Right now there are two ways to go for a melee shaman . Either single target dps or aoe -er . I have the single target right now. Can always swap to aoe when needed.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

I can be available on all raids . I have control over my time table.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Any day is good for me.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

At the moment im using 60 addons . Just to name a few : DBM , bartender , recount , pitbull , omen , titan pannel , SBF and many many more.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

I dont want to take too much space so ill limit myself to cataclysm .
BWD 5/6 Heroic.
BOT 3/5 Heroic.
FL 6/7 Heroic.
DS 8/8 Normal.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

Whatever you can throw at me , im ready .

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

Yes i have and Yes i would.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

Yes .

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

Anyone that has any sugestion is free to speak . Im always up for improving myself.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

Im not raiding for items . Its totaly your decision as long as it is fair.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

What can i do ? Your call.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

I will politely explain to him why is he out of line and more importantly why is he out of line . Then i will ask him to apologise to me if he indeed took it too far.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Go again and the guild vault pays the repairs.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Application is bare minimal at best, some questions you haven't even answers and we use first names in the guild to make it a more friendly environment and has you dont want to tell us your first name kinda akward.

Some answers are the "right" answer but still just 1/3 words could be a little more informative? the impression I got from reading was that you to be honest cant be bothered.

Also pretty sure your the alt of Mivi been told that a few times before not 100% sure if it is true but you have never denied it when I have asked.

im0rtel

1. Please point me to the important questions in my app on which you feel that i could work on answering . If you have observed a question which i have not answered , even with a answer like " this is private info which i dont feel sharing " , please show it , as i have tried to answer them all. I might tell you my name once we get to know eachother a bit better .

2. Please point me to the questions on which you feel like i could speak more on , personaly i think i spoke enough , however if you disagree , please show me what exactly isnt up to your standards and i will work on it. Yes i can be bothered.

3. What you are pretty sure on is not true . This is my first time ever applying to FE. Mivi is my alt.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Sorry just a tad confused about number 3, you say what I'm pretty sure on is not true then go into how you have only applied to FE and then say Mivi is your alt? I didn't mention applying to FE.

TBH most of the questions would be nicer if you just went into a bit more detail, but mainly the raid ones seem a bit sparse.

im0rtel

1 .

I dont see a edit button for posts . Hence i could not delete the first phrase at number 3 . That phrase was indeed unnecesary .
I was just confused by your lack of punctuation . When ive posted i didnt quite understand what were you trying to say.
I dont remember you ever asking me about my alts . Personally i dont think i know you.

Again Mivi is my alt.

2 .

By request i am taking all the raid questions from the top :

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Duel spec ? Maybe you mean Dual Spec. I raid as enhancement and i have two enhancement specs. It is a question of taste and tastes cannot be discussed. All i can say is : i play it for many years now because i like it. However i do agree that players should know how to play a class and not a spec. Personally , for now , i find enhancement the only enjoyable spec.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

Wowhead , MMO Champion , World of logs , The official blizzard site , Wow - Heroes , Elitist Jerks , Wowwiki.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

My talents and glyphs are pve orientated .

Curently i am using a 10/31/0 build . Mostly orientated for interrupting and solo target dps . The rotation is as follows : Starting with feral spirits / Flame Shock / Near boss : StormStrike / EarthShock / Unleash Elements / 5 stacks of Searing flames / Lava lash / 5 Stacks of Maelstrom Weapon / Lightning bolt / Fire nova as filler / Refreshing totems when necesary . / Repeat

Using Windfurry Weapon enchant on main hand and Flametongue Weapon offhand.

My stat order (after the hit cap ) is : Agility , Mastery , Critical Strike

My totems are : Strenght of earth / Healing Stream Totem / Searing Totem / Windfury Totem

My glyphs are :
Prime
Glyph of Stormstrike
Glyph of Lava Lash
Glyph of Windfury Weapon

Major

Glyph of Healing Stream Totem
Glyph of Fire Nova
Glyph of Lightning Shield

Minor
Glyph of Renewed Life
Glyph of Water Walking
Glyph of Astral Recall

The other spec is 10/31/0 . Going for 2/2 Call of Flame and 3/3 Elemental Precision.
I am willing to run this spec more if its a improvement in dps. This spec is better at boses such as Yor'sahj.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

I can be available on all raids . I have control over my time table.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Any day is good for me.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

At the moment im using 60 addons . Just to name a few : DBM , bartender , recount , pitbull , omen , titan pannel , SBF and many many more.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

I dont want to take too much space so ill limit myself to cataclysm .
BWD 5/6 Heroic.
BOT 3/5 Heroic.
FL 6/7 Heroic.
DS 8/8 Normal.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

Whatever you can throw at me , im ready . I am always prepared with food and flasks .

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

Yes i have : just to name some of the latest achievements : Keeping it in the Family , Not a ambi turner , Bucket List and Yes i would like to complete the DS achievements .

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

Yes .

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

Anyone that has any sugestion is free to speak . Im always up for improving myself.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

Im not raiding for items . Its totaly your decision as long as it is fair.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

What can i do ? Your call.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

I will politely explain to him why is he out of line and more important i will try to understand and explain the situation corectly to him . Then i will ask him to apologise to me if he indeed took it too far. If he is right i will listen and try to improve . However raging is not the best way to improve a situation . That needs to be clear.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Im ready for another try.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Ok so...

Firstly we require your age as we do not accept (generally) members under 16.

Secondly we require your name as we use first names on the forums/guild chat/vent as a form of communicating to foster a more friendly environment and to remind us there are people behind those pixels.

You have to understand that while you are after "just a spot in the raid group" we are looking for members that fit into our family and the better we get to know them and their personalities in an application the better we can decide on if the fit is "right".

By no means do we always get this right, but you can generally tell a lot about a person from how they approach an application and from what I can understand from Tui is that you haven't really given us anything firm to go on!

I didn't realise you are Mivi, and I am trying to not let that factor into my decision but the fact is you have rubbed me up the wrong way in the past. I am all for giving someone the benefit of the doubt so I shall reserve my judgement for the moment and await for some more Officer/member feedback!

EDIT: Thank you the the additional post.... seems we were both typing at the same time!

im0rtel

I am over 40 years old. That should sort the age cap .
About my enchants . I miss one which i will get when i and if i get back into raiding. Fully gemmed.
I dont know when ive "rubbed you" the wrong way , tethane . Personaly i dont remember raiding with you , maybe you had a alt that raided with me , i dont know what exactly are you refering to. You are giving me the benefit of a doubt regarding ... what ?
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Its because it was many many years ago in the Steelbloom days, I'm like an elephant.... I have a very good memory (not fat and grey!) but I'm not one to judge a person based on there actions some 4 years ago, hence giving you the benefit of the doubt now.

im0rtel

So it was just a impression . Well i dont blame you , many people are still living with impressions even today .
Eluniel
Guardian

What is this? -_- I’m sorry but all your answers give me weird feeling that you are kind of person who thinks he is better than others and can just barely tolerate other people to kill things on this game. You do not give me impression of willingness and/or need to be part of FE as group of people who play game together to make it more fun.

You are also very passive aggressive and that kind of thing will cause problems due most of our communication is still via guild chat. Text doesn’t give impression of emotes and people easily take this kind of lines as insult:
- “I was just confused by your lack of punctuation .”
- “Well i dont blame you , many people are still living with impressions even today .”

Tho, I don’t get these lines non-negative even if I try to read them with “nice tone” to change mental image I got from you.

I did a lot of raids (PuG runs with Mivi back in wrath) and I found them to be a laugh (assuming I have the right one which was a priest), if somewhat sarcastic (not a bad thing - but tricky with a language barrier).

Over to the Application

It is riddled with arrogance that basically says - "Listen guys I was in top guild, I am probably better than any other player in your guild so you should just accept I am awesome"

Not that it always a bad thing - but it does suggest that come the first wipe in raiding you are gonna tantrum or rage quit.

So though the past for me with your alt was positive - this application is a no from me - I feel you will be disruptive and aggressive with "this is how it's done" attitude that won't fit with the FE ethos.

im0rtel

To Eluniel :

"What is this? -_- I’m sorry but all your answers give me weird feeling that you are kind of person who thinks he is better than others and can just barely tolerate other people to kill things on this game. You do not give me impression of willingness and/or need to be part of FE as group of people who play game together to make it more fun. "

You got the wrong impression there , Eluniel , i have just redone my application and i am here to answer any questions you might have . If thats not a sign of openess and will to comunicate i dont know what is.

"You are also very passive aggressive and that kind of thing will cause problems due most of our communication is still via guild chat. Text doesn’t give impression of emotes and people easily take this kind of lines as insult:
- “I was just confused by your lack of punctuation .”
- “Well i dont blame you , many people are still living with impressions even today .”

Tho, I don’t get these lines non-negative even if I try to read them with “nice tone” to change mental image I got from you. "

Im just trying to fill a application to the best of my capacities . I dont think that my person , my feelings , emotes can be discussed over a application. Here you can get at most a first impression which is based on what you know of me from the past rather than trying to understand what im doing here , which is : extending a warm hand to a possible group of friends . Now if you want to shake that hand and forget your past misconceptions , that would be great , if you dont then its your choice and i respect it.

Do you see any kind of punctuation is this phrase ?

"Also pretty sure your the alt of Mivi been told that a few times before not 100% sure if it is true but you have never denied it when I have asked."

This is what i was referring to , to me it seems like it should have been written like this :

"Also pretty sure your the alt of Mivi . I have been told that a few times before .Not 100% sure if it is true , but you have never denied it when I have asked."

Please correct me if you disagree.

"So it was just a impression . Well i dont blame you , many people are still living with impressions even today . "

I dont really think you have understood what i was saying here. I will explain if you will ask .

To Galadruin the Dwarf :

"I did a lot of raids (PuG runs with Mivi back in wrath) and I found them to be a laugh (assuming I have the right one which was a priest), if somewhat sarcastic (not a bad thing - but tricky with a language barrier). "

I dont remember you dude . I am glad you have enjoyed raiding with me . I am not a sarcastic person . Ironic sometimes , but sarcastic ? Jeez , sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

"Over to the Application
It is riddled with arrogance that basically says - "Listen guys I was in top guild, I am probably better than any other player in your guild so you should just accept I am awesome"

Dude please point me to that arrogance , i personaly dont think what you are saying is true but please show me where you got that impression from , exactly.

Not that it always a bad thing - but it does suggest that come the first wipe in raiding you are gonna tantrum or rage quit.

So though the past for me with your alt was positive - this application is a no from me - I feel you will be disruptive and aggressive with "this is how it's done" attitude that won't fit with the FE ethos.

I am sad that you have voted no on my applicati even though i am willing to still remake what you feel that is not good enough . I am also a bit confused by the way on contradicting yourself . On one hand you say you have enjoyed raiding with me and on the other , on a raiding application , you feel that i will be disruptive and agressive . I still dont know what to make of this . Maybe you can explain better what you have ment because right now i get the feeling you are contradicting yourself.

My raiding experience can be a benefit to your guild. Please consider wisely before taking a decision like that , Galadruin the Dwarf.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Time to reply, I missed a comma omg! but punctuation is not putting a full stop after every other word.

How dare you comment on punctuation when you have typed things like;

"I will politely explain to him why is he out of line and more importantly why is he out of line . "

A space after the word then the full stop? and the main part of the sentence = "I will politely explain to him why is he out of line (which is also a question "why is he" with no question mark!) and more importantly why is he out of line?!." confused to why you had to put the same thing twice?.

So maybe you should concentrate on your own flawed application before insulting people who are reviewing your application for a trial period in the guild, which tbh was a no from me from the start.

marxua

Hey all,

As you might know, sunflare a.k.a. mivi has some history, some might like it, alot others wont, i started my wow-life in the guild "steelbloom" here mivi taught me all there was to know in wow, this guild had a reputation as being a ninja-guild because of the lootsystem we had, i admit it seemed flawed to outsiders, although id never want a system like that again, it for us worked back then(TBC).
Mivi and me have been friends ever since, even when we where in separate guilds we stayed in touch daily, even up to this day, even i do not know his real name, (our guild was more RP-based then FE, and as far as i care Mivi is his real name ;p)
His ways of expressing himself can be, how should i call it, unfortunate and maybe a bit too formal, but his intensions are always good.
This guy, although there is some shady past, would be a good addition to our raiding team, i just hope you can see past his "attitude and history" although i agree he will have to adjust from a pure raiding perspective to a social AND raiding perspective, since FE is more then raiding alone.
I'd say: forget the fact that he is the "dreaded" TBC-Mivi, (i haven't seen this person for years) and give Sunflare a chance to show his social side.

Marx.
Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: App

Having read this application and your replies to some of my fellow guildies commments, all i can see is a argumentitive person who has, at the first sign of questioning, been instantly on the defensive. Although i no longer raid, i am still a social member of the guild. One thing i can say about all of the members is that even the people that have applied as a raider and not as social, are still very sociable people and enjoy having class discussions, real life discussions, and 99% of the time talk to each other using real life names! Hence the Name, Age, Location questions.

Name: so that we can be a closer knit team.
Age: so that we can adjust our language accordingly, so as not to offend guildies, and also to get an idea of whether you can commit to all 3 raids a week during the trial period, and finally
Location: So as we can get an understanding of whether we need to use simple english and less slang words during a raid.

Based on the application and replies to criticism, it would be a no from me. Good luck with the application and any other applications you have though.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum