Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MehealED

re: Meheal - Holy Paladin, raiding application - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?

My name is Sturg, 16 years old and live in england

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Meheal, Paladin, Holy, Engineering and Jewelcrafting. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Meheal/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

My expectations are to be able to raid with your team and become a better player.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
Tethane, Warlock she mentioned the guild and told me that you was in need of a Holy Pala.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I currently have no other Guild apps Pending but i am currently in a guild as a trial i joined just for social but i would like to start raiding.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

I will bring my Hardest work to help the guild out i shall try my hardest 100% of the time.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Raiding if possible.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Raiding spec is Holy. Offspec is prot but i barely use it in anything including dungeons i will eventually scrap prot then change to retri.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I visit Noxxic.com a lot to see rotations on new classes and my own pala i have use this site a lot for gem / Enchants to guide on.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

I chose my Spec to give maximum help in raids which helps everyone out within the raid my spec also gives a lot of self healing for when i come into sticky situations, My glyphs are the best for holy spec i have checked on 3 or so websites to compare the best glyphs for my spec.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

I will try my hardest with personal problems to keep them aside for the raid.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Hmm mainly weekdays and sundays weekends can be sticky for me as i have certain weekends where im visiting personal family.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

I definatley use DBM for sure i also use Pearl Frames.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

i currently have 5/8 on this paladin (in holy spec)

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

I am geared for Dragon soul just need a couple more improvements but that can soon change once i start raiding Happy

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

I would love to try some more i haven't really tried for them just trying to reach end game content but without a progressing guild continuing Dragon soul every week this barley going to happen.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

Yes this is will be very acceptable Happy

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I would consider there opinion and note it down then look later on to see which is the best option for my role.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

I would be mad but also its going towards the guild which will help the overall continuing in the raid.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

I would Ask the raid leader to consider me but if not i will just be calm about it i wouldnt go all mad about it due to the guild giving it to me the next time?

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

I would calmly whisper them saying who i feel about this comment then i would maybe give him some options which would help out the guild and help me out.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

I would be mad but I would rather have bills higher than not even trying at all.
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Before i go on with my comments - please note they obvously are resonable enough to get to 6/8 (which i presume is on 10 man) so they obviously are capable.

We could use another holy pally so here are a few things:

Glyphs
You are missing major glyph - and there is so much choice - glyph of divinty for one.

Gems
you have gemmed for spirit - and yes it's a good stat but no where as good as intellect.

The only time you don't gem for intellect is when the socket bonus is intellect or the need for the gems for the meta.
If you use the Burning Shadowspirit Diamond gem - you don't need to use yellow gems at all (yes I know i have some - just not got round to redoing them cos I am slacking)

Stat priority
should be: Intellect > Spirit (3K) = Haste > mastery > crit

You have reforged away from haste into mastery. I don't think mastery is that great a stat - and though there are some advocates I haven't seen it to be useful apart from gimic fights.
Reforge mastery/crit into haste where possible. and if item has spirit and haste - just leave it.

Enchant
enchant shoulders

I personally think hurricane is better than heartsong though Power Torrent should be the enchant of choice

Profession
add the engineering things since you have it
Also you need to get JC to max - the gems they allow to make are a great benefit

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Bumping for additional comments and perhaps a response to Galadruins post.

Sycamorechaz
Fallen

Quote:
Bumping for additional comments and perhaps a response to Galadruins post.

Great post Galadruin. You score 3 thumbs from me

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Ok I was hoping for a response from you here about if you have done what Gala suggested, I have had a look at your armoury and seems as though you haven't taken on-board much of what he has advised, with an application for a 25 man raid spot and when someone takes the time to help you on your app at least taking a bit of time out to adjust your gear is appreciated!

Enchant on shoulders
Glyphs
Engineering stuff
Power torrent on weapon

Seems like you have done the correct reforging now, can you sort the above and let us know here and then we can see about getting you an invite!

MehealED

Tethane wrote:
Ok I was hoping for a response from you here about if you have done what Gala suggested, I have had a look at your armoury and seems as though you haven't taken on-board much of what he has advised, with an application for a 25 man raid spot and when someone takes the time to help you on your app at least taking a bit of time out to adjust your gear is appreciated!

Enchant on shoulders
Glyphs
Engineering stuff
Power torrent on weapon

Seems like you have done the correct reforging now, can you sort the above and let us know here and then we can see about getting you an invite!

I Did respond but it obviously didnt post sorry about that yeah im sorting out the weapon enchant when some more money comes through currently broke. >.< and im currently working on therazane ive done the bracers with tinkers but will do the rest later after i have gotten the power torrent.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum