Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zocress

re: Zocress Feral Kitty Druid - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
Alexander, 14, Denmark.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armory.)

My character is called Zocress, its a level 85 feral kitty druid, my current professions is Mining and Herbing, I'm using my mining for pure gold farming and my Herbing is so my mom creates my flasks. Here's the armory link for my druid. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Zocress/simple. I have a mage thats my alt, its a level 85 mage without any proffesions yet.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I'm appyling to Forsaken Enlightement because i've heard alot of good things about you, and there's some really nice people in your guild. My expections is that you all is mature people, and not getting mad because of wiping a whole night.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

I only know Tethane, and she's a really nice lady. The reason that i know Forsaken Enlightement is that i was pugging Icecrown Citadel with some people from Forsaken Enlightement.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

One of my very first guild was called Leviathan, It was founded in 2007 on the server called "Khadgar", after 1-2 years of raiding in Burning Crusade, after that i decided to move to Emerald Dream cause my friend was playing here, after that i went to "Bad Omen" which i also was a member off for 1 year, the guild was kinda crashing so i decided to leave them. After that i was going guildless for some time until i saw that "Loyalty" was recruting a feral druid, i knew that the guild was only taking members that was 18+, but it was worth a try. They decided to give me a trial, as one of the first members ever that was under 18. Catalysm came and i quitted wow for around 6 months, i decided to join sólus which i'm currently a member off.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

I'll bring a fresh kitty that's up for raid everyday, battlegrounds, arena's etc etc.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Raiding.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

My raid spec is Feral, 0/35/6 and my dual spec is also Feral which is a PVP spec, but I'll respec if you need a Resoration or a Balance druid. I prefer playing Feral, because i really enjoy being meele, and the way to control it.
How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this? Mostly, i read the Patch notes for what's being changed about my class, else im looking up at youtube there's alot of great guides.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

I've tried alot of diffrent builds as feral, and i find this one best for me. I've tried alot of glyphs, at the moment im using these : Glyph Of Beserk, Glyph Of Rip, Glyph Of Bloodletting, Glyph Of Feral charge, Glyph Of Dash, Glyph of rebirth.
I'm using these because i find these best for me.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

I have full control over the time, and im 100% sure that i can show up to every raid until it ends.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

I'm ready for raids everyday.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

I'm currently using ELVUI, Omen, Recount and Deadly Boss Mods.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

I've done 7/8 in Dragon Soul 10 man as dps on my Mage, 6/8 on my Druid. 4/4 In Bastion Of Twilligt. 6/7 Blackwing Descent. 0/2 Throne Of The Four Winds. ICC 12/12 and Old raids also.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

I'm pretty sure that im geared for Dragon Soul, else one item would do it.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

In catalysm i haven't done any hardmodes, but i've done alot in WOTLK which was just awesome, as stated before i'm always fresh for doing anything.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?

Of course it will.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I'm accepting it 100% and trying it out to see if it works out for me. I'm always open to help other people aswell to improve.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

I honestly dont care about loot aslong as we progress, thats way more important for me! Progress > gear.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

I would accept it, because i know that i would get a spot another time instead of him.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

I will try talk in whisper with him and if i cant seem to egt it resolved i will talk to an officer and explain and hope that it will be fixed. Things can happen and sometimes things can be abit rough but usually it will be ok after a talk.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Wiping doesn't hurt anyone, thats what i miss about this game. Today you can clear everything without wiping, i still remember wiping 4 hours almost everyday, which is much funnier than clearing everything in one night.

So I hope that i got everything you will need here otherwise you can catch me online on either Zocress or Zengira.

I really hope that my age doesn't change anything. Hope to hear from you soon.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Thank you for your application, it all looks in order to me but then again I know little about feral kitties, perhaps one of our others can feeedback on the gear/spec/gems etc etc.

As discussed I have no issue with your age as long as you display the necessary maturity and from your application is seems so, but again I would like others thoughts on this.

I wish you the best of luck with your application be sure to check back for any questions people may ask!

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

The age may be a problem - I just feel that at 14 commitment to raiding is a lot to ask.

Still it's a better app then many i have seen - so maybe worth a trial

Tethane
Guild Mistress

His Mum is actually a full time raider for Loyalty so his family understand the commitment Happy

Caleliá

Hey Zocress,

You seem like one of the more mature 14 year old around on World of Warcraft I suppose, although I do not know many! ;)

After looking through your character I noticed a few things.

- Soft Expertise Cap.

Your currently on 13, soft cap is 26. This may not seem as vital for Feral Druids as for most melee classes since we get our energy refunded when dodging or parrying. But this is a HUGE loss in the burst/damage. Since when your starting to buff and missing (even if it's only 1 / 2 attacks) it will hinder you a lot compared to the rest of the raid.

- Talents / Glyphs / Reforging

For the reforging, at least try to maintain the Hit Cap, this is a must, and definitely try to stay above 20 Expertise. Other then that, I think your reforging is a bit messed up as on some pieces you reforge Exp>Hit and on the other it's Hit>Exp or Exp>Haste/Mastery without having reached the soft cap.

As for the glyphs, I noticed you miss 1 glyph, this certainly can't be the case! A good idea would be too use Innervate on the last Major glyph that you've got free in case you gotta do some healing to save a wipe. Extra mana is extra healing and it will also help out another healer.

The talents I noticed that you've got Infected Wounds. It's much better to put those in Nurturing Instincts. Making it an easier job for the healers to keep you alive and making your healing a bit more vital in the times of need!

I also noticed your semi-stacking mastery. What's your reason to pick this over Haste? And noticed some or your enchants are mastery/critical strike rating, why not get Agility Enchants where you can, for example the feet and bracer. Agility is much more beneficial to use Feral Druids!

- And if Possible, could you tell me something about your rotation from the beginning to the end of a proper boss fight.

Would like to hear something from you and if you want you can give me a /poke in game for a chat so I can help your way around reforging Happy!

Good luck on the application!
Cheers, Jay.
Zocress

Hey jay.

All of my reforging is from a website called "askmrrobot".
I've got told by another Feral druid that i should use it, and it told me to reforge mostly everything to mastery.

Thanks for telling me about my expertise, i didn't knew what the soft cap was actully, so I'll go reforge abit when im home.

I've found out that i already had the glyph of innervate, just haven't used it. Shame on me .

Well, my reason to pick mastery over haste is that i've reforged everything to haste before, and i found it better to have more mastery, thats long time ago now..

For feral druids, i dont think that there's an actully "rotation" more a priority list, but when i start the fight im starting off with a mangle, after that i use rake, savage roar and then i'm popping my Tiger's fury to gain up some energy, then i'm spamming shred until i gain 5 combo points, using my rip holding all bleeds and my savage up, sometimes jump out to charge to gain my free ravage..

Thanks for the help.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Elcaco
caliban/seven
Guardian

well it seems like u fixed the hit and expertise numbers.
ofc glyphs etc its up to u what u want but innervate glyph is a good choice to one time help out a healer with mana.

i will say yes for u to try a trial periode. and lets see how it goes.

Moombee
Enlightened

Seems to give proper answers and considering his age i'd say he's doing pretty well.
I think he knows whats going about and he said he's willing to learn and take advice.

Can't say much about his gear cause atm he is logged out with PVP gear.

I'd say give him a go if we have space and see how things turn out.

Though this might get funny confusing having 2 druids with the same IRL name :P

Tethane
Guild Mistress

True about the name! We will have to give you another Zocress! I think we should give you a trial run and see how things pan out!

Welcome to the guild please read the last part of this page and if you have any more questions just give me a shout.

http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum