Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Tricks macro for Rogues

Create 2 macros

Tricks on tank: This macro will cast tricks on the current focus of your target (so you do not have to target swap to cast it.)

#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
/cast [@targettarget] Tricks of the Trade

Tricks on focus: Set the DPS target to focus (target player then do the command /focus) then macro this.

#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
/cast [@focus] Tricks of the Trade

This means you never have to switch off the boss but can keep 100% uptime on your tricks.

Tricks has a 30s CD, you can use this ability between 10-12 times (fading light/hour of twilight dependant) on Ultraxion.

But do ensure that this isn't just before a tank swap.

WoW logs again show this wasn't being utilised to the maximum it could have been, we could have pushed a kill if it was!

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

I've already sent them both macro's needed, Targetoftarget is to unreliable if the boss looks at the wrong dps or a healer and it gets cast then its a waste and could cause a wipe.

Both rogues have both macro's needed tbh I whispered them both last raid, the ones I told them to use are

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus]Tricks of the Trade

#showtooltip
/cast [@"char name"]Tricks of the Trade

Then they have the tank + highest dps sorted can focus or name whicever, as a random one could have /castraid or /castparty but as its random not much use, more useful in pvp bgs etc.

Ann-Liza
Enlightened

Yeah i had some problems getting the macros to work...i did have a focus macro that worked fine with switching back to boss but once i inserted the whisper effect it stopped working and couldn't get it to switch back to boss...i did feel like i used tricks a lot this sunday
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: