Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Ultraxion

Couple of things to note outside the tactics.

1) Make a keybind for Heroic Will as Some UI's are obscuring this, I don't want the "I couldn't find the button" on the first pull and then taking 5 mins out of our raid to time sort one out.

To give Heroic Will a keybind on your bars instead of clicking it, just make a macro with: /click ExtraActionButton1

2) This is a dps race in a stand still position, I expect EVERYONE to pre pot and be on top form, if your DPS is below 25k after the first few goes I may have to replace you so standbys please ensure you are on and waiting to take the spots.

3) Stupid mistakes will get you killed, we cannot do this with ANYONE dead.

4) Healers DPSing at the beginning helps

5) If you are a rogue/fire mage/priest (shadow or holy) then be aware I may be requiring you to stay and soak please look into this mechanic and glyph/prepare yourselves for being asked. Tanks and those that OT also.

6) This is an extremely laggy fight because of the amount information being produced by the healing buffs. I am asking now that you come to the fight with the following turned off and your graphics turned down (recount, scrolling combat text)

I have spoken to people with the best computers that state that without doing this certain parts of the fight still drop them to 2fps. This mainly happens in the last 5% of the encounter so please don't say "oh its fine" when we are only 10% in, if I see people dcing at 5% I know you haven't done as you have been asked and will be really pissed as you will probably cost us a kill.

Last edited by Tethane on 6-12-2011 10:24; edited 3 times in total

Hievna
Enlightened

Two abilities kills you and to avoid this you have to use Heroic will. Simple enough.

Eluniel
Guardian

My notes about this encounter:

- a single phase encounter
- encounter takes place in two realms: the Twilight Realm and the Normal Realm.
- The only way to exit the Twilight Realm is by using the Heroic Will.
- This fight is a stress-test for healers and DPS
- NPC’s will join the fight and give the raid huge buffs

Abilities:
- Hour of Twilight: cast roughly every 45 seconds. Use Heroic Will to exit the Twilight Realm. 3 players must remain within the Twilight Realm and take damage from this ability or the raid will instantly wipe.
- Fading Light: a debuff placed to the current tank and 3 random DPS. Duration between 5 and 10 seconds. Use Heroic Will 2 seconds before Fading Light runs out and dodge the ability by entering the Normal Realm. Cast twice in the interval between two successive Hour of Twilight casts.
- Unstable Monstrosity: AOE ability that also works as a soft enrage mechanic. Damage is split between all players within 30 yards. Every minute the interval between casts is reduced by 1 second. At 6 minutes, everyone will be killed instantly with Twilight Eruption
- Twilight Eruption: Ultraxion's hard enrage on 6 minutes.
- Twilight Burst: Huge AOE if there is no player within melee range.

NPCs and buffs:
Thrall
- casts Last defender of Azeroth on MT. The game detects tanks by the presence of their tanking "stance" and permanent buff is provided at the start of the encounter.
Nozdormu
- casts an Timeloop on the raid 5 minutes into the fight. The buff prevents players from dying, once. First killing blow will remove the Timeloop buff.
Alexstrasza, Ysera and Kalecgos
- Only 1 healer can click crystal to receive a huge healing buff
- healers can only get 1 crystal/buff
Gift of Life
: provided about 1 and a half minutes into the encounter.
Essence of Dreams: provided about 2 and a half minutes into the encounter.
Source of Magic: provided about 3 and a half minutes into the encounter.

Soaking Hour of Twilight:
Tanks:
- Death Knights using a combination of Vampiric Blood, Anti-Magic Shell, Icebound Fortitude and Bone Shield
- Druids using a combination of Survival Instincts, Barkskin and Frenzied Regeneration
- Paladins using Ardent Defender, Guardian of Ancient Kings or Divine Protection
- Warriors using Shield Wall or Last Stand.
Non-tanks:
- Death Knights using Anti-Magic Shell and Icebound Fortitude (or Anti-Magic Zone for Unholy)
- Druids using Survival Instincts and Barkskin
- Paladins using Divine Protection or Divine Shield
- Warriors using Shield Wall
- Shadow Priests using Dispersion
- Mages using Ice Block and Fire Mages, thanks to Cauterize
- Hunters using Deterrence
- Rogues using Feint
- Holy Priests using Guardian Spirit on any player
- Shamans using Grounding Totem

Heroic Will macro (for bartender users):
create macro
give it name
/click ExtraActionButton1
save
drag to bar

As to the fight - it's and AoE healer fight and not particularly fun (on LFR at any rate)unless you like to see 30K HPS, though the main tank died a lot - which I presume is down to tank fail on fading light

jadenftw
Enlightened

bump
Eluniel
Guardian

Dealing with Fading Light
Just like Peter said on raid: Whenever you are debuffed with Fading Light, use your Heroic Will ability when there are fewer than 5 seconds left on the debuff timer. This works for tanks and DPS (healers should not get debuff)

Using Heroic Will at the right time
I had problems with HoTs dropping from targets when I used Heroic Will and then I needed to use several GCDs just to get everything back and running. This was such a pain that I was already wondering if realm swap even removed the HoTs. But avast, this is how it works:
Heroic Will should always be used as late as possible. This enables players to remain as little as possible in the Normal Realm, where they cannot do anything. The idea is that immediately after Ultraxion casts Hour of Twilight and Fading Light, players in the Normal Realm are automatically brought back to the Twilight Realm, without having to wait for the 5-second duration of Heroic Will to finish. Therefore, the later a player uses Heroic Will, the less time they will spend in the Normal Realm.

How to assign the healing buffs (from Icy veins):
Red Buff

Should _not_ be taken by Holy Paladins and Discipline Priests. Holy Paladins heal for very high amounts with Divine Light (often overhealing), so having the amount of healing doubled would increase their overhealing even more. Discipline Priests would not get the full benefit of the buff, as it does not affect the amount absorbed by their Power Word: Shield. Buff is most useful for:
- Restoration Druids
- Restoration Shamans
- Holy Priests
Green Buff
Buff applies to most types of heals, including HoTs and AoE heals. Therefore, this buff should be taken by the healers who heal for the highest amount (due to gear or ability), who have not taken the red buff.
Blue Buff
Desirable to all healers. Every healer has large heals that take a long time to cast and eventually run them out of mana, and this is precisely in conjunction with this type of abilities that this buff should be used. It should be taken by any healers who have not yet received one of the previous two buffs.

What you have popped up is fine but not entirely correct, the issue we were having is that on occasions fading light and hour of twilight are close together, meaning that you need to use heroic will about 4 secs before the buff falls off in order for it to be off cd for when you go back into the twilight realm and an hour of twilight is either being cast or is very close to being cast.

If you keep track of your own dbm countdown for hour of twilight you can see when the abilities are lining up, the idea is

1. Oh so hour of twilight isn't close to being cast so I will click heroic will 1-2 secs before the fading light buff falls off to maximise dps.

2. Oooo they are quite close together so I will click heroic will 4 secs before the buff falls off so heroic will is off cd for hour of twilight when I return from the normal realm.

Phenoma
Phenoma9
Enlightened

Well, Fading light usually has 7 seconds (or was it 8 seconds?, either way a wait time of around 2-3 seconds before you need to use will). As for hour of twilight, it has a 5 second cast time. Therefore, if you have fading light, you must use will before the boss begins casting or your caught.

So it should just come down to keeping track of your timers, least it was with me. Only time I died via hour or fading light was near the end, due to lost of concentration and graphics lag -.-.

In other words, just use will when the timer on hour is 1-2 second away when u have fading light and you should be safe. Just spam 'will' so when you do return, u don't accidently get caught by hour (which was what I failed to do on the last try xD).
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

re the 3 crystals

Blue = Pally
In this fight Holy Pally uses 3/4 main spells, Holy Shock, Holy Radiance, Light of Dawn/Word of Glory.

the healing with blue cystal - specifically the haste buff makes it seriously OP, as HR is spammable (especially at 75% reduction).

The other 2 are useful, but blue is win

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Galadruin the Dwarf wrote:
re the 3 crystals

Blue = Pally
In this fight Holy Pally uses 3/4 main spells, Holy Shock, Holy Radiance, Light of Dawn/Word of Glory.

the healing with blue cystal - specifically the haste buff makes it seriously OP, as HR is spammable (especially at 75% reduction).

The other 2 are useful, but blue is win

Would be more win if we had a Pala to take the blue!!!!!!!

jadenftw
Enlightened

looks like both tanks stay out and use there 50% faster CD's leaveing them only to taunt for fading light so tank tank and A.N.other SP, hunter, rogue ect
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Bumping so everyone can read up.

Zuruthan
Enlightened

last time i had my debuff and hour of twilight inc.
I couldn't go into the normal realm fast enough, so i stayed in twilight hitted my detterence and took NO damage, and the people who were in the twilight realm aswell, i didn't notice them taking anymore damage than they did when i was in the twilight realm, so just a heads up on it.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Zuruthan wrote:
last time i had my debuff and hour of twilight inc.
I couldn't go into the normal realm fast enough, so i stayed in twilight hitted my detterence and took NO damage, and the people who were in the twilight realm aswell, i didn't notice them taking anymore damage than they did when i was in the twilight realm, so just a heads up on it.

You know if you just listen to me and do as your asked you wouldn't have this issue as well as the fact you CANT use deterrence ever time as it has a 1min cd, I shall say it again............ for the slow to grasp.

The issue we were having is that on occasions fading light and hour of twilight are close together, meaning that you need to use heroic will about 4 secs before the buff falls off in order for it to be off cd for when you go back into the twilight realm and an hour of twilight is either being cast or is very close to being cast.

If you keep track of your own dbm countdown for hour of twilight you can see when the abilities are lining up, the idea is

1. Oh so hour of twilight isn't close to being cast so I will click heroic will 1-2 secs before the fading light buff falls off to maximise dps.

2. Oooo they are quite close together so I will click heroic will 4 secs before the buff falls off so heroic will is off cd for hour of twilight when I return from the normal realm.

If people cant get this OH SO SIMPLE fight right and produce the required dps I will be looking for a raid replacement for them as Im not persecuting the majority of the raid that have this right.

Eluniel
Guardian

Trick found from wowinsider: Have your healers hit their Heroic Will 1 second before the fight starts. Then pop heroism for the dps. The healers will come back into the twilight realm without exhaustion, and you can use another heroism at the 5 minute mark for them. This gives the dps really good up-time during heroism, especially if everyone pre-pots.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: