Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
womwom

re: Womwom bear druid raiding application - WITHDRAWN

1. What is your name, age and location?
My name is Andy, im 23 from Essex in the UK.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

womwom level 85 feral tank druid, with max enchanting and jewelcrafting
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Womwom/simple

herpyderp level 85 protection paladin with max mining and blacksmithing
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Herpyderp/simple

eatmyfeet level 85 protection warrior with no professions
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Eatmyfeet/simple

I have a 3 70+ alts, don't play them very much currently however.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I'm applying because I want to join a guild that takes raiding seriously, and it's obviously something you have all been doing for a long time with great success!

I expect to actually be able to regularly raid, collect a few shiny purples along the way and do it with people who have a good attitude and come prepared and ready to raid.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I don't think I know any current guild members, Tethane whispered me after I posted in trade chat that I was looking for a raiding guild.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I was in Hallonlila for a long time which was just a perks guild, recently joined Red Lighting but left after I found their raiding attitude didn't quite fit with mine.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I'm dedicated, enjoy looking up boss tactics and watching videos before encounters, always looking to improve my characters performance, able to take criticism and listen to other peoples ideas/opinions.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
My main spec is a high single target threat builder bear tank, my OS is currently questing/pvp feral but will probably change to moonkin for single tank fights. Prefer tanking but who doesn't like shooting laser eye beams from a boomchicken.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I look at elitistjerks quite often and use askmrrobot and rawr to look at upgrades and see where I should be aiming to replace gear.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
My talents basically sacrifice applying an instant 3 stack on sunder to give me more threat via enrage damage boosts and fury swipes. Other builds generally change around 2 or 3 talents, removing points in King of the Jungle or Fury Swipes to put points in Feral Aggression. I have seen top Ferals remove points in Brutal Impact due to having dedicated interruptors. Regarding glyphs, there is only one survivability glyph availablet to me, the rest are mostly just increased damage or quality of life.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Not a problem.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
I can raid any night, any time.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
DBM, omen, grid. I use quite a lot of addons but not a lot are really raid related.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
I haven't raided since WOTLK really, except for venturing into the looking for raid tool as a bear. I am however confident in my ability to do my job and familiar with most fights in firelands and dragon sould from watching livestreams and youtube videos.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
Firelands (maybe some heroics), and dragon soul normals.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I personally would be happy to just do normals, with maybe a few achievement runs, but at the same time have no issue with doing or attemting hard modes if that's the general consensus.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
No problem.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
Advice is always greatly appreciated, I accept that I can't play perfectly and that other people might sometimes have ideas about how I can improve, it's one of the bonuses of raiding.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
If the loot council think someone else needs it more, not a problem.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
I'd like to be included at least once in a reset, but appreciate that sometimes the guild might want to try out new recruits or there might be people that need the gear more and that taking me is not an option, it's perfectly understandable.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
Claw off their face and eat it! It's understandable that people are on edge after a night's raiding and that things might be said, if it's unwarranted then I would just ignore it, if it's a valid comment I might take it as a need to try and improve my performance next time!

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
Rubbish, but who doesn't? Everyone feels the same about wiping all night, but it's not going to affect my performance, and I would never leave mid raid just because of wiping!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Nice application, I think in /w I explained my concern with your PvP items but we both agreed those would be a priority and that you hadn't raided Firelands, you tick all the boxes, would like to see a raid ready lazor chicken as well but we could probably gear that spec quiet quickly as we currently have no raiding chooks. Thoughts from others?

Hievna
Enlightened

I don't want to sound elitist or anything, but how familiar are you with tanking? You haven't tank any raid with any of your character, part DS and Occu'thar.

womwom

I've tanked lots of heroics, am perfectly familiar with my rotation, both single target and aoe, and my cooldowns, I dont honestly feel like I would tank any different if I'd tanked FL 100 times than how I tank now. I wasn't sure entirely how to answer to question, I hope that's okay.

Eluniel
Guardian

Me and Thomas run WoE with him moments ago just to see how he tanks (he was asking people on trade). He noticed our guild on last boss, so I think I saw pretty normal playing.

He seemed to have good addcontrol and cd usage. I bit slow feral charges after those big jumping adds. Overall I had no problems to heal him. Some fel fire standing dps persons were a bit more challenge on last boss and I actually let one poor paladin die to see how handles combat ress while there are adds (Tyrande was inactive at that time). Ress went fine. ^_^

I know it was just 5-man, but according what I saw I think I could heal him on 25-mans too. It is yes from me if he gets rid of pvp stuff before entering DS.

I don't get what the big deal is with the pvp gear, having a quick look at rawr, the only reason I would replace before dragon soul is if I had both tier helm and shoulder so I could get the 4p bonus.

Eluniel
Guardian

Resilience has no use on pve as you know. When you use pvp item on pve environment you are missing stat that would have some actual use on pve environment.

It annoys the heck out of people (at least me) seeing pvp items on pve. It is kind of disrespect against those who have min-maxed their gear to make raids successful. -_-

The 384 pvp gear I am wearing now is better for a bear druid than the 378 pve gear. That's as clear as I can make my statement. The druid T12 has hit on the head and expertise on the shoulder, both of which hold nothing for me defensively, whilst more stamina and agility on the pvp gear, plus the 2 set which is another 70 agility. It's not disrespectful, it's me min-maxxing my gear. So I can perform better in raids.

Hievna
Enlightened

I checked the 378/384 leather shoulders and head items. I found shoulders that gave mastery and crit from HoT and head that gives mastery and expertise from LFR. PvP gear in druid tanks isn't as bad for other tanks, mainly because there isn't any leather tanking gear. When it comes to head & shoulders, there isn't any better gear for druid tanks than what he wears, unless he gets the item that i mentioned and even then it's debatable.

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

druid tank is a yes from me - my mate is the druid tank in Heresey and with the high evasion means on some DS bosses (morchok especially) they are ridiculous.

We could do with another tank as with Jon/Jim we do lose their epic dps

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Ok, I'm happy with all of this, poke me or an Officer online for an invite.

Please read the last 4 bullet points on this page http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814

Welcome to the Guild!

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Mmmm no response for a week, I will assume you are no longer interested in a spot. Considered withdrawn, poke me if this is not the case.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum