Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sherawr
Guardian

re: Epic Gems

Just wondering if anything has been decided on how we are going to distribute epic gems come 4.3? Since they only drop from raids, very infrequently apparently, will they be bought for a new amount of ep? or just rolled for ? any thoughts or ideas?

Hievna
Enlightened

Quote:
Epic gems will drop in the new raid in Normal and Heroic only. Each player gets a geode when a boss is killed which has a small chance to contain an epic gem, most will have rare gems. It is rare enough to take all of 4.3 to replace all of your red rare quality gems with red epic gems.

This is taken from MMO-champion http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=3

Sherawr
Guardian

Ah cool, question answered must have missed that bit...Thankyou Happy

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Meh, How does it work with PvP gems then? just bs tbh so I gotta raid to get a chance of getting a gem? there no recipes or what. Stupid WoW

Necrall
Enlightened

Tuishao wrote:
Meh, How does it work with PvP gems then? just bs tbh so I gotta raid to get a chance of getting a gem? there no recipes or what. Stupid WoW

I hope not, that would be utterly stupid.

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Eluniel
Guardian

Professions seem to have something to do with these gems.

Alchemy
New transmutes for epic gems--hopefully this will be a source, even if limited, for players to get epic gems outside of raiding:
- Recipe: Transmute Deepholm Iolite
- Recipe: Transmute Elven Peridot
- Recipe: Transmute Lava Coral
- Recipe: Transmute Lightstone
- Recipe: Transmute Queen's Garnet
- Recipe: Transmute Shadow Spinel

Jewelcrafting
A source for epic gem cuts most likely is Tome of Burning Jewels - drop location unknown so far.
- With a pure-color epic gem, you can cut +50 to a stat (exception: Solid Deepholm Iolite), such as Delicate Queen's Garnet and Brilliant Queen's Garnet.
- With hybrid epic gems, you can cut a +25/+25 stat gem (exception:+25/+37 stamina), such as Glinting Shadow Spinel and Potent Lava Coral.

Source: http://www.wowheadnews.com/#coolstuff-professions

I've never regretted having my main a Herb/Alch, and this news only reinforces that Happy

It does make sense to more restrict the epic gems, things got a bit silly in Wrath with 'epic' gems being handed out like candy.

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Cassor
Wanderer

Necrall wrote:

It does make sense to more restrict the epics, things got a bit silly in Wrath with 'epics' being handed out like candy.

Fixed!
Baltaer
Alt

Cassor wrote:
Necrall wrote:

It does make sense to more restrict the epics, things got a bit silly in Wrath with 'epics' being handed out like candy.

Fixed!

We're not in vanilla anymore

I had no issue with the Wrath epics, I thought it was fine. Epic Gems though totally destroyed the blue gem market, having them harder to get doesn't have as large rammifications as restricting epics does.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: