Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Alysrazor tactics

Here is the Tankspot thread and movie.

Tanks note: Damage capabilities
DPS: Whos good at flying through things!

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?76682-Alysrazor

Everlightly

Reminds me of that Game "Nights" on the sega saturn. used to play that loads, but that was using a controller not a keyboard. Could be fun
eMoon
Enlightened

Ultimate tactic for this boss? Do a Barrel Roll!

General Tips for flyers:
Alysrazor always picks one exact location to spawn her fire rings in the sky each time. You just need to pay attention to the first one and you'll see they are all in the same place. Same thing applies when she goes through the middle.

It is best to not follow too closely behind Alysrazor keep a distance behind. You may wait in the current fire ring you are in till the next one is close to spawning so you can see the location and path to the fire ring. If you get too close to her chances are you may miss a few rings. The circles despawn after 3-4 seconds.

Players in the air can take damage if they are not careful (try to dodge fire clouds). Should this happen, they will probably be out of range. It is their responsibility to fly to a healer's range when they have been too severely damaged.

Move close to the ground if your flight time runs up, if you do not have “parachute-type ability”.

Stages & times for cooldown usage:
- Stage One lasts 3 minutes and sees a few raid members fly after Alysrazor to attack her while the rest of the raid deals with 2 types of adds in the arena.
- Stage Two lasts 30 seconds and requires the raid to regroup in the arena and avoid Alysrazor's damaging abilities.
- Stage Three lasts between 20 and 34 seconds (depending on your raid ability to handle some adds) during which an immobilised Alysrazor takes 50% more damage and DPS caster have mana-free casts.
- Stage Four lasts 25 seconds during which Alysrazor is freed from her bonds and does very damaging attacks on the raid. (use healer's raid cooldowns here)

Once Stage Four has finished, stage One simply starts over. The fight goes on until Alysrazor is dead.

Stage One map:

Blazing Talon Initiates and Plump Lava Worms are stationary. Voracious Hatchlings are handled by the tanks. Every minute, Alysrazor flies over the arena and follows the path marked in the diagram (north to south or south to north, she alternates). The tanks are expected to move away from the center of the arena when this happens.
Forum Image

Fire mages are very good for this fight, due to the buffs they get while flying.
Fire mages want to get as much Blazing Power as possible, cos it gives haste, which makes our LB and Combustion dot more frequently and after one get 25 stack, one also get Alysra's Razor. Because of these buffs, fire mages want to stack as much mastery as possible and change ones Glyph of Molten Armor to Glyph of Living Bomb

Tethane
Guild Mistress

For tornados...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht5vYZkeJng

Hievna
Enlightened

I found that combustion is best used when we are on the ground and burning Alysrazor. Make sure you take the fire rings when you are avoiding tornados, so your stacks dont fall off.

Necrall
Enlightened

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3195920164

For us Fire Mages who fly, who to reach 350K Ignite/Combustion ticks.

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: