Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Baleroc tactics (inc player allocations for tonight.)

Tank duties

For the entire duration of the fight, Baleroc will continously increase the maximum health and physical damage taken of the tank (through Blaze of Glory), while increasing his own Fire damage done (through Incendiary Soul).

Nick on boss

Chaz soaking decimation blade every 60 seconds (pulls boss takes 3 stacks of Blaze of glory and then Nick taunts) every time Baleroc casts Decimation blade Chaz MUST taunt and after he takes the hit Nick taunts back.

Dps duties

5 melee and 5 ranged dps rotating each of 2 crystals to tank (in order to tank it you just need to be the closest one will spawn in melee and another at range.)

Form a line to take over from each other melee with melee and ranged with ranged. At the spawn of each crystal the first persons debuff should have run off so rinse and repeat the rotation.

You must soak 9 – 12 stacks (9 – 12 seconds) and then let the next person take over, this is much dependant on your health so dont push for 12 stacks if it’s hurting.

When you swap, you MUST move away from the rest of the raid group or you will spread the tormented debuff.

Tanking melee crystals

Sputtník
Baltaer
Everlightly
Sherawr
Wrift

Tanking ranged crystals

Tethane
Phenoma
Bennied
Galmore
Faoust

Notes for those allocated to tanking crystals

• You should never allow a Shard of Torment to have no one within 15 yards of it (or Wave of Torment will wipe the raid).

• You should never allow a tank or a healer to be the closest player to a Shard of Torment (the Tormented debuff is detrimental for them).

• You should never get stacks of Torment while your Tormented debuff persists (the Shadow damage taken increase will kill you).

• You should never come in melee range of other players while your Tormented debuff persists (spreading the Tormented debuff is a bad idea).

Healers

Healers will want to make sure that they are never targeted by Torment or within melee range of anyone affected by the Tormented debuff, as otherwise the 50% healing reduction will prove disastrous.

The tank's health pool and damage taken is in constant increase throughout the fight. To counteract this damage, healers will also need to build Vital Spark stacks continuously.

However, because you cannot gain new stacks of Vital Spark while the Vital Flame is active (so, for 15 seconds after having healed the tank), healers will need to rotate who is healing the tank and who is building stacks of Vital Spark.

I suggest 3 groups

GROUP 5
Smara
Thania

GROUP 6
Emoonpl
Jarakuel

GROUP 7
Galadruin
Ione

1st crystals spawn Group 5 start healing the tormented players, Groups 6 and 7 on current target.
2nd crystals spawn Group 6 heal tormented, Groups 5 and 7 on current target.
3rd crystal spawn Group 7 heal tormented, Groups 5 and 6 on current target.

Rinse and repeat (current target is aggro target btw!)

Full raid group

GROUP 1
Sycamorechaz
Ouwetank
Enlightnin
Hellmar

GROUP 2
Sputtník
Baltaer
Everlightly
Wrift
Sherawr

GROUP 3
Tethane
Phenoma
Bennied
Galmore
Faoust

GROUP 4
Dawnrazor
Rianom
Hievna
Sorien
Fläskfia

GROUP 5
Smara
Thania

GROUP 6
Emoonpl
Jarakuel

GROUP 7
Galadruin
Ione

Last edited by Tethane on 1-8-2011 9:31; edited 1 time in total

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Hey.. Heroic PP anyone Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

It is a little similar isn't it!

Eluniel
Guardian

Last night was kind of messy, so I went looking more info. 25Man.com is doing this with 2 healer groups like Smara suggested.

Healing rotation:
Divide your healers in 2 groups, both the same healing power and skill
-Group 1 starts healing the Maintank
-Group 2 starts healing Tormented players, gaining lots of Vital Spark

After the first crystal:
-Group 1 heals the Tormented Players, gaining Vital Spark
-Group 2 (buffed with Vital Sparks) heals the maintank

After the second crystal:
-Group 1 heals MT, Group 2 heals raid

Continue same routine
Coordinate the rotation on vent, adjust the rotation when needed

The fight boils down to healing skill: can the healers keep up the 4 million hp tank

DPS plyers, pictures for you too:
un-debuffed people line up next to the crystal
Forum Image
The next in line takes over when the first person moves out
Forum Image

http://25man.com/firelands/baleroc

dbm has an audio countdown for the crystals from 5 to 1 whcih we could use, though I thought the aim was to switch on 15 seconds after the debuff (unless the crystals come every 15 seconds?)

Tethane
Guild Mistress

My work pc has died so will reply properly when all the office eyes aren't on me! But I was doing some theory crafting last night will post results here, basically thou what we want to aim for is the first people to tank the crystals need to take as many stacks as possible, shadow priests are perfect for this and can take 18 stacks using disperse will need 3 healers thou as its a huge amount of damage still.) This means that we can get the spark stacks on healers going skyhigh very quickly and healing should be a doddle.

Oh and Henna, ranged were doing that 100% last night, our queue was very organised!

Eluniel
Guardian

It was messy for me with all changes and chatting + new work is taking more time and gives more stress so I didn’t have time to read this boss as well as others which is kind of lame since this is _the_ healer fight. :/

Ione. wrote:
It was messy for me with all changes and chatting + new work is taking more time and gives more stress so I didn’t have time to read this boss as well as others which is kind of lame since this is _the_ healer fight. :/

Its a learning process for us all Happy I know what work stress is all about, we just all need to slip into learning the fight!

Fläskfia

re: Mirror of Broken Images

http://www.wowhead.com/item=62466

this is an awesome item for the baleroc fight, almost 50% damdage reduction, since it stacks with motw/bok, and also other damage reduction spells!
Fläskfia

re: einstein stuff

a total of 24 stacks will appear on each SHARD

with 6 people on shard duty there will be 3 on each shard giving them 8 stacks each, in a perfect world that is. But with considering its hard to get exactly 8 we will say everyone will have 7-9 stacks.

1 stack - 4k (4k total)

2 stacks - 8k (12k total)

3 stacks - 12k (24k total)

4 stacks - 16k (40k total)

5 stacks - 20k (60k total)

6 stacks - 24k (84k total)

7 stacks - 28k (112k total)

8 stacks - 32k (144k total)

9 stacks - 36k (180k total)

If no-one goes over 9 stacks each the maximum amount of damage on each shard would be 444k (9-9-6) and the minimum would be 432k (8-8-8)

On the 3 shard everyone on shardduty will have tanked the shard once and having the debuff. The debuff (250% extra shadow damage) will however stick on for the 2 first stacks for everyone tanking the shard a second time.

With that 2 seconds of debuff the "damagetable" will look like this:

1 stack - 10k (10k total)

2 stacks - 20k (30k total)

3 stacks - 12k (42k total)

4 stacks - 16k (58k total)

5 stacks - 20k (78k total)

6 stacks - 24k (102k total)

7 stacks - 28k (130k total)

8 stacks - 32k (162k total)

9 stacks - 36k (198k total)

If u watched the total damage taken its not that much higher, its 18k which isnt that much.

with Galmore and Fläskfia tanking shards and us having 6 people on shardduty a possible rotation could be:

x(9)>Galmore(disperse 15) on first shard

x(9)>Fläskfia(bear+barksin 15) on second shard

x(9)>x(6)>galmore(9) on third shard

x(9)>Fläskfia(15 bear+barskin) on fourth shard

Then the order repeats it self since gamlores disperse is back from CD on next shard

after 30 seconds healers will have 8 stacks of sparks in best scenario and in the worst scenario have 7

after 1 minute healers will have 16 stacks of sparks in best scenario and in the wrost scenario have 14

after 1min and 30 seconds healers will have 24 stacks in best scenario and in the worst scenario have 21
jadenftw
Enlightened

After watching the vid again i think we were right the first time but insted of having 2 on boss 2 on range and 2 on melee and a 3 stage rotation we should have just 2 on the boss and the rest building stacks so the the rotation would be healers 1&2 go boss then approx 15 secs later healers 3&4 go boss and then 5&6 and off we go again

all the raid are close by so there are no real range issues.
thought?
Tethane
Guild Mistress

It seems to be an option, down to Smara really, I think we should at least try it that way a couple of times now we are all pretty used to the fight and its mechanics!

Almore

Been reading up on this fight. It seems a lot of guilds use their shadow priest to soak up the entire first shard which gives the healers a lot more stacks of vital.

Tank 18 stacks then disperse to 24. Drop a spirit link totem on me and use a well timed magic resist potion + PWsheild. Might be worth a try. The general consensus is that this only works on the first shard tho...afterwards I'd have to switch back to less stacks on the next shard.

Also Ice Block is useless in this fight as torment ignores all spells that make you immune to dmg. Dispersion works because it is a 90% dmg reduction not an immunity.

Yeah I have read that to, I felt it a little risky but its upto you if you want to try it.

Almore

We could give it a try. The healers that will be switching to tanks should basically spam heal me with their quickest heals to gain as many stacks as possible.

From what I've read the healer on me should be able to gain about 100 stacks in 25 seconds which is approximatly 500% extra healing. This could trivialise the tank healing as long as the initial switch goes well.

Take a look at this log from a druid healer healing a shadow priest that tanks the full duration. If you click on buffs gained and look at the vital spark you can see he gains vital sparks insanely quickly at the start

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0fiuuibbcd6c057z/details/11/?s=13840&e=14121

I'm not too worried about dieing. Shad priests have a lot of mitigation anyway and if i'm being spam healed i should be fine. Just gotta time dispersion well hehe. Only issue I can think would be using up too much of the healers mana too early

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: