Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bennied
Enlightened

re: ICC - Glory of the Icecrown Raider - 20.00

I am organizing a raid to get our mounts for ICC. Raid starts at 20.00 tonight. If u need DBM old content google these words: dbm-bc.aspx

Currently have:
1. Tank -
2. Tank -
3. Healer - Deathoption (can be tank aswell)
4. Healer -
5. DPS - Sorien (mage)
6. DPS - Hellmar (mage)
7. DPS - Maiaral (hunter)
8. DPS -
9. DPS -
10.DPS -

A person with os healing (for ach jockey) might be nice)
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Please refer to guild rules.

http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?gid=45872&page_id=77118&sso=1

All raids to be scheduled a week in advance to give everyone the chance to sign, I know my little cousin and a couple of other people that would really love to do this that perhaps cant make it at such short notice, perhaps I can let it slide if those you take tonight would be prepared to run it once again in a weeks time for those that would like to attend but cannot at such short notice.

Please make sure you are fully up-to-date with the Guild rules, you have been here long enough!!

Everlightly

Yup bennied, i even get called up for making raids 5-6 days in advance, need to me a week on longer idealy
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

I tried doing this but no one could be bothered to show up -.-.

Bennied
Enlightened

In no way was I trying to disregard any raid- or guildrulez! I am aware of the general rulez, but ty for that link. wink

This is tonights events through my eyes:

Time 17.00:
I was planning to spent night with girl. I can raid 3 nights, but she doesnt like it if i play 5-7 nights a week.

Time 17.30:
Girl got a call from friend if she wanted to make cocktails at a friends house and ofc i didn't mind cause i could go and play wow. :D

Time 18.00:
Decided I wanted to go for mountrun and wanted to organize a pug for it..

Quote:
PUGGING RULES

1. Do not pug guild scheduled raids, if it isn’t scheduled its fine, but always see if they have space for other Guild members that may want to go, advertise it in Guild chat and advise people who they should whisper if they also want to go.

2. No member under the Enlightened rank must organise a PuG Raid (PVE or PVP.) Please see here for more information

It was not a scheduled raidnight for guild. I told my intentions on guildchat and Sorien, Maiaral and hell showed their interests. I told them fine lets do it at 20.00 so i can eat. I went even further and though, hmm maybe more guildies would like to come if nothing else to do, so why not post it of forum. They wanna come fine, they dont i go get puggers. Thought to be nice of me.

I saw and see absolutely no harm in what i have done.

Quote:
RAIDING RULES
1. All raids will be scheduled a week in advance via the in game calendar to give every member the opportunity to sign up.

In my view these are about our normal guildraids and not for pugs, since that (see above) doing a pug has the option to ask on guildchat and actually encourages peeps to invite guildmembers when organizing a pug.

Now it is my understanding that if i just went fully for a pug or did not make a forumpost about this raid there would not be a problem? That is not logical in my mind.

Your concern is that guildies could have benefitted also... that is true and since it was so short notice i did everything in my power to invite as many as possible. I will probably be trying and completing it on both bennied and death soon again, since the puggers werent completely up to the task tonight. hehe.

If after reading this post you all still believe i broke any guildrulez i would be very curious how though... again my aim was to have a late minute fun. wink But if need be i will reframe myself from using forum to get last minute guildies.
Bennied
Enlightened

I will respond to your remarks first before adding new arguments:
a) Reading the rules again I do now notice the pugrules are indeed not about organizing a pug yourself, but joining one. My interpretation and explanation of guildrules therefor were not correct.
b) You may not interpret the z instead of s as a sign of any disrespect, but rather a quick typingerror which i saw no harm in not correcting. I will not go into that point any further, but I will for your state of mind use the s from now on (which i normally do). wink Please keep in mind English is not my main language and I will make mistakes, for any reason, probably in the future too. Nothing I say can ever be interpreted like a sign of disrespect, since i'm not that kind of guy.

My interpretation of the guildrules were indeed based from my own point of view. The 'wider' picture eludes me completely though (could be missing some good points, but i see no points at the moment)! If the basis for the rule is to prevent officers getting complaints from people who felt 'left out' than the rule itself seems... contradictory! I can rarely organize raids a week in advance>> This will result in me not organizing a raid>> Which in turn will mean no guildies will get their mount and all guildies will be left out, since no raid for it is being organized at all. The way I did it now resulted in 4 guildies ending up with 10 achievements extra in stead of none. I can not even imagine why guildies would complain about them missing a raid, if you need it that badly organize it yourself I would say. Looking at the bigger picture, does the rule really accomplish any progress for our guildies I wonder.

I do not feel like making this an extensive and long conversation. The rules at the moment result in me not getting some achievements I want and result in me (and others, cause i am certainly not the only one with this problem) being fully dependent on others organizing the raids I want at a moment that I luckily have the time to join them.

I will conclude my point by asking the officers to debate the rule and take into account what I have said above. If the conclusion of that debate is that the rule is not being changed, than I will not organize any more raids and the discussion is over (watched startrek earlier and my respons would be: I will comply (borg-phrase). As a person I will strongly disagree with the rule since it has no logic, but move on. The rule itself could be more clearly written by saying: If u want to organize any raids, you will have to do so a week in advance.

Last edited by Bennied on 31-7-2011 6:49; edited 1 time in total
Everlightly

I just read that,

Does this mean players of the enlightened rank can make a pug, but they are not allowed to invite guild members as its unfair on other guild members that were not online at the time.
Bennied
Enlightened

I assume that question was directed at Peter? As I understand it now is that you can not organize any raid without planning it a week in advance..

I am assuming that the rule has something to do with preventing the same groups being organized amongst guildmembers that are well known to each other. For this reason the rule exist to prevent this and make it also possible to have other members join such a raid and not feel left out. I can somehow understand that rule, but this was a puggroup and not an intended guildraid perse. I did not show any favouratism and was willing to take 9 puggers.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Peter made a mistake let me respond to this later as not on computer ATM, there are valid reasons for this rule but I can't type anything out on an iPod.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: