Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Shannox tactics

Full tactics can be found here: http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?76447-Shannox

Necrall
Enlightened

Successful attacks on Rageface will now always be critical strikes while he is channeling Face Rage.

Good. Getting a 45K crit in 25 man isn't easy.

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Baltaer
Alt

Hes going to go down a little quicker too because of that
Necrall
Enlightened

Baltaer wrote:
Hes going to go down a little quicker too because of that

I'm not sure about that, the moment he gets hit with a 45K blow he stops Raging, so the difference will be negligible.

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Eluniel
Guardian

For remind Shannox fixes were (some guides are not updated to these):
- Health and damage have been reduced by 15% on both normal and Heroic difficulty.
- Riplimb's health has been reduced by 15%.
- Rageface's health has been reduced by 15%.
- Magma Flare damage and Hurl Spear damage have been reduced by 15% on both difficulties.

In Heroic difficulty:
- Neither Riplimb nor Rageface can be killed. Riplimb comes back to life with full health, 30 seconds after dying, while Rageface has an enormous health pool.
- The dogs never enrage. Frenzied Devotion, is not present in heroic mode.
- Both Riplimb and Rageface gain a new stacking buff, Feeding Frenzy. Rageface does not gain stacks of Feeding Frenzy while he is performing Face Rage. Also parried, dodged or missed attacks do not apply stacks of Feeding Frenzy.
- Shannox no longer casts Magma Rapture (as he only does that when Riplimb is dead, and Riplimb does not die).

In heroic mode, it is mandatory that both pets be trapped regularly. The chief motivation for this is resetting their stacks of Feeding Frenzy, which can only be done by preventing them from meleeing anyone for 20 seconds. Obviously, in the case of Riplimb, it also serves the purpose of resetting Jagged Tear stacks on the tanks.

Trapping Riplimb (task for Riplimb tank)
Because Riplimb is immune to traps while he is carrying the spear, the tank should move Riplimb onto a Crystal Prison Trap before he has a chance to pick up Shannox' spear. The time it takes Riplimb to break out of the trap, grab the spear and return it to Shannox should be sufficient to reset his stacks of Feeding Frenzy as well as Jagged Tear stacks on both tanks.

Trapping Rageface (task for all raid, but tanks)
Because Rageface attacks targets at random and cannot be tanked, the entire raid is responsible for ensuring that Rageface does not trigger Immolation Traps (to avoid gaining the 15sec trap immunity buff aka Wary) and that he triggers Crystal Prison Traps when needed.

When Rageface is trapped to the Crystal Prison entire raid should attempt to get as much distance to him as possible, so that when he breaks out, he will have to run a great distance to his first (random) target, allowing for Feeding Frenzy to wear out.

One ranged DPS should be assigned to DPSing Rageface at all times. This will ensure that Face Rage is broken promptly. Additionally, a backup player will need to be assigned. This backup player will DPS Shannox, but will quickly switch to Rageface to break Face Rage if the player assigned to breaking Face Rage normally is the one targeted.

Summary
The heroic mode of this encounter actually simplifies the fight, compared to normal mode. Raid will no longer DPS Riplimb at all, as damaging him is totally useless. Rageface will also only take minimal damage, and the bulk of DPS will be focused on Shannox himself. Raiders will still have to avoid Immolation Trap as well as the impact zone and subsequent explosions from Hurl Spear.

Jump to: