Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
wupas

re: Healer meeting

I had a quite lengthy chat with Galadruin last night where we talked about the healing issues etc in the progress raids. And we both agreed that a healer meeting outside the raid times to talk about the issues and how to fix them would be a good move.

So if interested in such a meeting what day/time would suit you the best?

Yer defo, maybe before raid on sunday on vent perhaps 30 mins before raid time. It may be worth noting a few things here in the forum for discussion as well.

As we discussed last night healing assignements are more needed now for the heroic attempts as the boss fights are less forgiving.

I have been reliably informed that some fights require 2-3 dedicated healers on the MT at all times, where as a few fights require extensive raid healing.

We have played pretty seat of the pants through normal, and to some extent we haven't had any real healer issues, but with the heroic fights we need to be a little more disciplined on how and who we heal as mana conservation becomes a bigger factor and overhealing targets is just burning mana.

We tend to have more or less the same healing team for every raid as follows:
Emoonpl, Smara, Wupas, Thania, Ione and Galadruin with sometimes a 7th healer.

We could discuss Rote healing Assignments as follows:

MT Healer
OT(s) healer(s)
Tank Support healer
Raid healers

With the healers focusing solely on their targets assigned.

We could discuss maybe having specific healer assignments per boss, so before we fight we know who will be healing who on a per fight basis.

This would involve posting the healer roles under the boss tactics as Jodie reveals the kill order of our heroic progress.

As we prepare for Firelands, we want to be an awesome healing wipe saving team, and I think the players we have on board now there is a real chance we can advance swiftly through the firelands to get our Legendary Staff(s)

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Cool idea, but Jodie reads about all the tactics and decides the healers for the raid in the tactics when she raid leads, So doing this might be counter productive.

I think best would be talking during the raid and with the raid leader at the time instead of making tactics outside the raid which "might" throw off the tactics already decided. Not saying they will but always better to actually decide tactics with the raid and raid leader.

wupas

The thing is that we face various issues during the raid and inbetween healers themselves solving it might be easier for the progress.

And we are not talking about changing the tactics, we are simply talking about where each healer will be most effective and doing that during raids seems might help in a few instances like on Halfus the other night, but it is rushed and not that well thought through which may lead to lack of healing on specific targets.

I believe that the healers got a better eye for where it goes wrong healingwise and how we ourselves can improve that, but we can't do it within 3-5 minutes between the tries, it's just too rushed.

Sounds like a good plan tbh, could save us quite some time later on when fights get even harder. And as frode already stated this might also help towards solving problems quicker during raids as we will know where everyone is standing and such.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

It is a good idea to talk about fights and work out what could cause problems, the only thing you dont want to head into is deciding roles and who heals what as that is the raid leaders choice, Ofc Jodie would listen to any ideas and suggestions, If that makes sense.

wupas

We have been deciding the healing roles ourselves all the time in the healing channel, just now i think we all feel like there's something off about our healing during the various progress fights, which is the reason why i made this topic after chatting with Galadruin last night.

Tuishao wrote:
It is a good idea to talk about fights and work out what could cause problems, the only thing you dont want to head into is deciding roles and who heals what as that is the raid leaders choice, Ofc Jodie would listen to any ideas and suggestions, If that makes sense.

Not sure what the problem is here tbh. We tend to do the assigned roles by Smara usually before the fight. If there is a wipe we try and see where we can change things, but 2 mins between prep is just not as conducive as a thought-out strategy.

Jodie Plans the tactics which is brilliant. How much easier in this planning is it for Jodie to say
"I need MT heals positioned here, OT heals positioned here, Raid healers positioned here" which should remove some work for her.

We also want to reduce confusion on the role of who is healing who, because in the raid the other day there really isn't time to ponder, you need to react quickly and knowing your healing targets makes that easier.

For true progress we need to be like a well oiled machine knowing our specific roles, and that of the the other healers inside out, se we are able to step in to differing roles as called upon by the encounter, or indeed healer team make-up, and I think this is worth discussing.

If you are told you are raid /OT/MT/Support Tank healing we know from what we have discussed and what is on the forum after the discussion what we need to do, allowing ourselves to focus on that Job.

It will also improve our communication in raids, as well reduce overheals.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Thats cool but thats during the raid, and tbh you should Always talk to an officer or the guild master about deciding meetings for people before making a post on the forum, as it is there job to arrange and will put something in the calander if they think it is needed.

Preferably talk to Jodie with this kind of things first.

wupas

I did mention this to Jonny which afaik count as an officer as you state, and i did not get any negative response from him about this.

And no it's not cool doing this during a raid because as we are trying to explain to you; it's too rushed.

We don't really get much time inbetween tries to get the information passed through, and the constant having to change your main healing targets through the same raid is not optimal for neither the raid or the healers.

Further more this is just an inquiry to the healers about when they can fit a healer meeting into their schedule rather than putting a time on it. Because as i wrote in the first post (if you even bothered to read it through)
Quote:
So if interested in such a meeting what day/time would suit you the best?

If you still find a problem with my inquiry to the healers for a meeting, then i suggest you try to be in our shoes during the progress raids.

Tuishao wrote:
Thats cool but thats during the raid, and tbh you should Always talk to an officer or the guild master about deciding meetings for people

Really? So whats the forum for then?

We haven't decided a meeting, we are proposing one, and I certainly think it would be useful to do outside of raid time if possible so people are not sat around whilst we discuss things that maybe could improve our group 5 performance.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

No need for smart a**e remarks, Things like this should be discussed with the guild master or atleast an officer first who could then pass on the suggestion to Jodie about a meeting.

I said its a good idea countless times so no need to get funny, but anything like a meeting or proposing something like this should atleast out of courtesy be brought up with Jodie first.

Then she can put something in the calander or sort something out.

*will add more but computer is auto restarting*

wupas

I see no remarks which can be put in the catagory you say, i simply suggested you to be in our shoes.

Besides i highly doubt you know much about what's going on in the healing channel, the various concerns that have been mentioned there by most healers.
But i guess i can't stop one from posting unconstructive remarks that doesn't lead anywhere but even more trolling.

Guardian

Jesus christ, Do you not read. The last post was to Pob obviously, I have also said its a good idea and Just ask Jodie first before posting on the forums!.

Nothing unconstructive about it, its a good idea but ask Jodie first before posting, it should be put to an officer or Jodie first before anything like this.

I was trying to put it in a nice political non aggresive or insultive way. but it seems that doesn't work! So forget it back to straight talking. Ask Jodie first before doing anything like this.

Last edited by Tuishao on 17-6-2011 7:36; edited 1 time in total

wupas

If you read my posts again i did pass the idea to jonny prior to posting it.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: