Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Nefarian

Galadruin the Dwarf wrote:
rebuke - all pally's can do - and i did lob it out as soon as i hit the platform.

also - towards the alst few attempts it seemed that the cast was going off before many people had got on the platform.

I am wondering if the adds start the cast as soon as 1 person gets on the platform? if this is the case a bit of synchronised swimming really.

Its called lag unfortunately! From what I have read it all seems a bit buggy

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1776522120

Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Nefarian

For Chaz (and Jim)

- You want the first shadowblaze in p3 to resurrect every single skeleton. That means, positioning in phase 1 is quite important. If you just stand still and let the adds die, they lay down in a semicircle and with a bit misfortune only half of the adds will be hit by the initial shadowblaze fire. I started to keep moving in phase 1, to stack them in one place. It's a bit tricky, an efficient stategy is to move around them or simply run through them all the time (and probably stun them occasionaly).

- In p3: move them out of the first shadowblaze and wait (the fire grows, so keep distance). Shortly before the second fire spawns, start moving again and wait for the purple point on the ground, which indicates the position, shadowblaze will land, keep distance and wait etc.

- Slows or CC in general doesn't help, your priority is to avoid fires

- Ideally, all adds die in the same position (just like in phase 1) and will be resurrected all at once

- Now you start really kiting them, because the time between two fires is to short to stop moving. It may get a bit messy, but the boss should be down before to even come in danger of dying. Just try to keep them out of the fire and consider using CC (such as frost nova)

At about 5% you're probably going to have too much fire in the room. You can get around it by having a mage frost nova or holy pally stun the adds and reverse direction. You can also have a feral or warrior or some other tanky type DPS grab a few off you and everyone blow CDs to live as long as possible.

Lots of good things here http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=30687&start=30

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: