Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ouwetank
Enlightened

re: Nefarian

Phase 1

Onyxia does
-Tail Lash A sweeping tail strike that hits all players that stand behind her

- Shadowflame Breath Inflicts 35000 Shadowflame damage in a frontal cone.

-Lighting Discharge Inflicts 24500 nature damage to people standing at her side

-Electrical Overload. When Onyxia's energy bar is full, we are dead!

Nefarian does:
-Tail Lash A sweeping tail strike that hits all players that stand behind him.

- Shadowflame Breath Inflicts 35000 Shadowflame damage in a frontal cone.

-Electrocute 100k nature damage on all targets

Phase 2

Neffy and Chromatic Prototypes

Chromomatic Prototype does:
-Blast Nova Interrupt these or we wipe

Neffy will fly up and do a new abilty:
-Shadowflame Barrage

Phase 3

Nefarian:

Same as Phase 1 but with

-Shadowblaze Spark this will leave a purple fire trail, in which when adds stand in it they will regen their energy

-Shadowblaze a spell to ressurrect his Animated bone warriors

Lightning Discharge cannot be out-ranged. When Onyxia is due to cast Lightning Discharge the tank must turn Onyxia slightly so it does not hit the raid

30 seconds after pulling Onyxia, Nefarian will land. A tank must pull Nefarian to the other side of the room to prevent Onyxia from casting Children of Deathwing which will quickly destroy the tanks.

Nefarian casts Tail Lash and Shadowflame Breath just like Onyxia, but instead of Lightning Discharge, he casts Electrocute, a massive Nature-damage AOE that is triggered at every 10% of his HP. Use personal and raid-wide cooldowns to reduce damage.

Several Animated Bone Warriors spawn from Nefarian's Hail of Bones. On 25s, the adds are kited by a tank but on 10s, they can be handled by dps with kiting and CC abilities. The raid should move away when the adds are spawning, or else they will take shadow damage. These adds begin with 100 energy and can be slowed and stunned. The adds will die when their energy decreases to 0

Do not CC the Animated Bone Warriors in front of Shadowflame Breath cast by both Nefarian and Onyxia, because it will grant the buff Animate Bones, which will remove CC and refresh their energy to 100.
Over time, the adds will stack Empower on themselves, which increases movement speed and physical damage. The tank will need additional healing and kiting assistance at these points.

Onyxia has a lightning energy bar that starts at 0. She will gain energy slowly over time. In addition, for every 10% of Nefarian's health when Electrocute is cast, she gains 25% of her energy bar. The more energy she has, the harder her Lightning Discharge will hit for, and at 100% energy, she will kill the raid with Electrical Overload. Therefore, the raid must coordinate dpsing Nef while being mindful of her energy charge.
In general, dps Onyxia until she is low, and then have the raid switch to Nefarian for two Electrocutes. At 80%, have the ranged dps switch back to Onyxia to finish her off

Phase 2

Phase 2 starts when Onyxia dies. Nefarian flies into the air and magma fills the room. The raid must swim upwards out of the magma and onto three platforms as soon as possible to avoid stacking Magma. The three platforms are located at the top left, top right, and south of the room.

The raid must split up into three balanced groups to fight the Chromatic Prototype on each platform. Designate specific raiders to interrupt Blast Nova. You will need one designated interrupter per platform on 10 and two per platform on 25. Melee will kill the Chromatic Prototype. Depending on Nefarian's HP and the quality of healing, the ranged may either continue to burn Nefarian or switch to the Chromatic Prototypes. Nefarian will still trigger Electrocute if dpsed enough, which will put an additional strain on the healers, especially on 10

After three minutes or when the Chromatic Prototypes die, phase 3 begins and the magma despawns. Therefore, dps the three Chromatic Prototypes evenly so all platforms are ready to transition and focus on Nefarian at roughly the same time. Jump off the platforms and group up for phase 3.

Phase 3

This phase is very similar to phase 1, minus Onyxia. Tank Nefarian in the center of the room. Raid will still need to watch out for Electrocutes, Shadowflame Breath, and Tail Lash.

In addition, Nefarian will resurrect his Animated Bone Warriors from phase 1 with Shadowblaze, so make sure they have died earlier in a tidy pile. Depending on your raid comp, you can control the adds in many ways. On 25s, you will at least need a dedicated tank to kite the adds, one healer to follow the kiter around, and a ranged dps with snare/slow abilities to help when needed.

Nefarian will periodically cast Shadowblaze Spark in the direction of the Animated Bone Warriors which will regen their energy in a similar fashion to Shadowflame Breath and damage anyone standing in the purple fire. The add tank must make sure the adds are not slowed or snared at this point, to make it easier to move them away when this casts. As the fight progresses, Nefarian will cast Shadowblaze Spark progressively faster, covering the room in purple fire and making it extremely difficult to kite.

The add tank must constantly communicate with the tank on Nefarian to coordinate positioning. Accidentally having Nefarian cast Shadowflame Breath on the adds could be fatal, as well as Tail Lash on the add tank while the adds are quickly moving.

Surviving the Electrocutes while the add tank successfully kites several waves of Animated Bone Warriors is the key to phase 3.[/u]

with tonights signs a 10 man nef looks the way to go, but will have to see how it pans out.
Tethane
Guild Mistress

I'm perfectly happy with that decision.

Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

The last time we tried Nef, there were a few issues.
One of the main issues was add control, putting pressure on the healers to heal people other than the tanks..... NOT GOOD. Another of the issues which is linked to the first is tank healing, when healers are forced to concentrate healing on anyone other than the tanks, the tanks WILL die. The tank healing is pretty intense on this fight.
We had a pretty good healing setup last time we tried, and we were still struggling to keep tanks alive, in fact on alot of fights, x-tank, who was tanking onyxia died before we could drain the adds Energy.
So, to get to the point.
If we want to take Nefarian down, we must assign 2 of our best kiters (preferably hunters for slowing traps and misdirect purposes), find a suitable tank healing setup to avoid early deaths and wastes of battle rez's, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, EVERYONE MUST LOOK UP THE TACTICS! In a video! I've noticed in many previous boss fights, people being given 10 min break before the boss fight to look up on tactics, people then coming back and still managing to muck it up. Nefarian, people can't afford to muck up... this results in a raid wipe.... = people get frustrated.... = quicker loss of hair for me! Suggestions people for healing setup / kiters.

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Well I would volunteer Cassor for the kiting as he is damn good at it, and maybe perhaps Hievna or Marxua perhaps (if they are frost spec)

Tank Healing would be ideally me, Jarakuel and Moombee with support as always from Emo & smara (Is discipline spec better for this fight?)

tanks chaz, nick and DKjon.

We did look at this, but there were a lot of people getting killed before the lave rose, though we did twice get to the lava bit, but only half the raid.

It is a learning curve, but people need to be aware that a dead dps = 0 dps, and with healing being less efficient then in Wrath, healers can't afford to heal people from easily affordable damage.

Sycamorechaz
Fallen

In 25 mans you have a 3rd tank kite the adds with the help of hunters and mages with the slowing. Its only 10 man you need the hunters to manage the adds.

As for tanks getting slaughtered on onyxia. Its best for a tank to stack lots of stamina for onyxia as mastery does nothing against her show breath with deals a tremendous amount of damage.

We're probably going to find that we'll have phase 1 rather easily, as long as Nef tank or anyone dpsing nef to shout out when nef gets to 90-80-70%, its going to be the air phase which will test us to the max with phase 3 all about tank co-ordination.

Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

@Pob, Disc healing on this fight is absolutely awesome, especially at each 10% of nef's health, as it absorbs approx 30-40k dmg per shield as disc = awesomeness when it comes to mana efficiency and healing.

I agree, Cassor would be one of the prime kiting peeps! Reguardless of whether the adds are being kited by the tank, the adds are still being kited, and as you are aware, when the adds hit a target they regain energy... tanks don't have many slowing abilities. So help from a couple of people on slowing is needed. Ofcourse, co-ordination in getting people back up to full after each 10% is needed. Ofcourse with a discipline priest or 2, this would be made alot easier.

wupas

From what i can see, a frost mage would be great in helping the add tank out considering they got 2 novas and the freezing effect from CoC.

@Wupas-I completely agree, if only i was here on my mage as a raider. I would kite them all day! A regular raiding frost mage (OS or MS) would be good! Would really help on a few different fights where there's adds that need kiting / cc-ing!

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

with our pro cho'gall smash this week, and a pretty good roster of raiders now, are we going to look at al'kir and nefarion this week?

Or venture into a heroic bastion for the lol-wipes/1-shot (cross out as applicable) on Magmaw 5 drakes?

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I am probably going to leave it one more week for neffy but try hardmode halfus to get you all raring to go.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Getting out of the lava hints and tips!

1. Don't continually press and release space to jump when the lava comes. Each time you break the lava surface you take an extra stack. Wait for the lava to reach the middle of the pillar (and therefore above your head) before you press and hold space.

2. Don't press forward while you swim up. You can get stuck under the small ledge that goes out of the top of the pillar. Press forward just when you jump out of the lava.

3. Turn off the "Water Collision" in the camera settings. This makes it easier to see where you are when the lava raises.

Also check this video on how to do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-rdeFlLgz4

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Interrupts that work.

Warrior - Shield Bash (12), Pummel (10), Heroic Throw (30).
Death Knight - Mind Freeze (10), Strangulate (120).
Rogue - Kick (10).
Paladin - Rebuke (10, Retribution), Avenger's Shield (Protection).
Shaman - Wind Shear (6).
Druid - Skull Bash (60, 10 Feral), Solar Beam (60, Balance, AOE).
Hunter - Silencing Shot (20, Marksmanship).
Mage - Counterspell (24).
Priest - Silence (45, Shadow).
Warlock - Spell Lock (24, Felhunter)

Ouwetank
Enlightened

what is shield bash?? :p

rebuke - all pally's can do - and i did lob it out as soon as i hit the platform.

also - towards the alst few attempts it seemed that the cast was going off before many people had got on the platform.

I am wondering if the adds start the cast as soon as 1 person gets on the platform? if this is the case a bit of synchronised swimming really.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: