Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Tonights raid and up coming raids

While I know I have been a little absent of late I was hoping that Jonny would be suitably fixed to run 25 mans (which was discussed and agreed between us). It seems like once again as soon as I have issues, people stop signing for raids. This is naughty....... I am suggesting Jonny run the last 10 man this week tonight and we write off the last 2 weeks are rubbish and get in those 25 mans come Wednesday.

I will be demoting people from the raider rank and subtracting EP if this doesn't start to improve.

Strings.
Wanderer

but dont we have 25 people signed for tonight?
Sycamorechaz
Fallen

Quote:

Your point being......

Its only 25 people. And very few of the very regular are failing to sign just because Jodie has RL issues keeping her away OR RIFT. This is unacceptable, if you're a raider rank you should be signing/declining raids. Not leaving calendar invites unchecked and being afk for the whole duration.

We will see if all 25 people show up tonight. I really do foresee this guild turning into a 10 man raiding guild because of Rift or the sheer lack of interest displayed by members in this guild, like most other guilds on this realm.....

Most people opted for 25 man raiding so why on earth aren't you signing......

Everlightly

While there is 25 signs tonight, I'm hoping that more will sign between now and then.

I don't really want to single out a 10 man, but I will look into the signs to see if its possible to make 2. As its really unfair for alot of peeps really, if we have 25 players we'll go BWD if its less i'll try and split up the groups for couple of 10 mans and go from there.

There is currently 6/7 healers 3 tanks plus a forth offspec tank available plus enough dps for this if signs stay the same.

so make sure your online guys and hopefully we'll get this sorted. even if its just a BwD farming night
Sherawr
Guardian

I also have an issue here tbh. Although I have been to the last 2 raids, I initially had been placed either on standby or not included at all. (Patrik stepped aside the first time due to starting work, and I was draughted in the second because Nick didnt show/afk ) Whilst I know everyone cant be "guaranteed" a place, these are two of the days I had taken as holidays from work to raid. If I cant at least be accepted for those times when I'm sacrificing hours I could be spending with my family in the summer or whatever then I wont bother, just felt a bit kicked in the face. I have placed a list on the forum of the dates, and I know I've changed from accepted to tentative for tonights raid, however it is because I need to go and see a family solictor tonight and don't know if I'll be back in time. (Johnny and Chaz know if they were both read /o)

As I say I don't mind being left behind, and I pledged to use my holidays for raiding days to try and help out as I know I may not be on as much as usual come May-July, because of work commitments and courses etc. OFC I will sign when I can, and if I can get a laptop and connection I'll sign when I'm away.

One other question I got is regarding EPGP. The last few raids alot of the 25 have showed, but not been accepted into the 10 man group. (the odd few letting us down) Could we at least award some kind of reward EP for those who have turned up and made the effort? Maybe the 50 ontime EP + Additional 50 EP for being sidelined? OFc the 10 who go through only get the inital 50 as the loot is "free" once inside? What do you guys think?

Strings.
Wanderer

chaz_No.1 wrote:
Quote:

Your point being......

my point being that with there being 25 signups with appropriate people/classes (from what i see there is enough tanks, healers and dps) I was simply asking why there was going to be a 10man tonight.
Everlightly

I think what chaz is trying to say olly, we need all 25 peeps to turn up, I know one person at least won't be coming, and I also know one of those players has big issues with lag/disconnetions during raids.

If 25 people come online and available, then we'll have no issues running a 25 man at all.

I'm covering all possibilities
Tethane
Guild Mistress

25 man wont be happening tonight it's simple. If we do not have the required number of signs 24 hours before the scheduled raids (generally when lists are done) then another solution has to be found to at least keep a few people happy. I have always sat out of 10 mans to give other guild members the chance to go, the point it, my crystal ball cannot predict if people will turn up tonight if not signed. The point of having the events in the calendar is that you have a week to get your plans scheduled and know if you can or can not make the raids, which in turn creates an environment in which the raid leader can do there job, I have been raid leading FE now for over 2 years, and its bloody hard work, we need the tools to be able to do our jobs.

Those few letting you down are the ones to blame for missed EP, yes its harsh but if the Officer team can pull behind me to include themselves in the endless /w and ingame mails I send to remind people to sign that would be great.

Look lets put this down to an off couple of weeks, Im going to be making some changes to how raids are run. But I need you all behind me, I want no blame I just want people to get there acts together. Seriously just because Im not there for 2 weeks doesn't mean it should all go to shit, its stupid.

Do you even realise that's what's happening, because I'm not mailing and /w people constantly there just not bothering to sign, its nuts, I'm not your mother people and I have consistently sacrificed my own pleasure in game play just to keep the rest of you happy for the past 3 years. Its wearing thin truth be told, yes I haven't been on much over the last 2 weeks, but jesus I have the last 3 years!

I'm sorry Jon that that situation has happened, I don't intend to create rules for situations that shouldn't be happening, or its only going to encourage the same behaviour we have seen over the last 2 weeks and that frankly is counter productive.

And for the record I'm not playing goddamn Rift, I would rather poke myself in the face with poo on a stick before even entertaining the idea of playing another online multiplayer game.

Everlightly

First off all, a big thats to the peeps that turned up yesterday and got us a 25 man raid with 4 boss kills plus a few good attempts on chimmy.

Couple of things I do need to add, first one is the 10 man situtation, with 19-23 signs where really progress raids are out the question and we only have the signs to do one 10 man run, its very hard to pick the group to go with as i've goto disapoint a big group of players. I look at bosses we're going to be fighting in the run and then pick a team out of the available signs, some peeps will accept the invite while others will say, happy to drop out for someone else. Also like to mix up the classes if possible. This is in reply to Johns comment

The other thing which I do need to add, which was the first time when i've been raid leader i've ever come accross was a guild member that got themselfs saved to a raid. If there is ever a situation that a 10 man run happens due to lack of signs and you want to pug the same raid. Please ask Jodie/me or an other officer for permission before pugging it if you wish to. We have 3 raid instances and we could end up running any one of them on any of the 3 days.
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

There is nothing worse for officers/raid leaders then when you have to trim down to 1 or even 2 10 man runs knowing some people are going to be left out.

The chap (chappess) has to look through all the players and put together one (or 2)strong group(s) that has the best chance of success, whilst avoiding cliques, favourtism etc etc that comes with the task, and giving the best/maximum buffs to the raid group, whilst taking into account interrupts and CC.

Jonny has done a fine Job in tough conditions, this last week or so.

With a lot of players on the books, we really should be tipping 30+ signs for ever run, which again gives the RL tough choices but a nice one knowing we are going to be progressing 25 man, which is the objective.

Everlightly

sunday night for example, 21 signs, only 2 tanks and 3 healers available plus me in the group leaves 4 dps spots left to pick out of 15 players.
Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: Raids

I'd also like to thank jonny for his work organising 10 / 25man's. Each raid he's setup whether it be 10 or 25man, has met expectations like for example monday evenings raid where we downed 4/6 bosses BWD 25man. This is a feat in itself as he wasn't sure who was going to turn up and it looked as though it was going to be 1 x 10man, or at best 2 x 10 man groups for farming gear.
Jodie: I think you've done a cracking job since i've joined the guild, good guild leader / raid leader attitude and since i've joined the guild i've seen us progress from Halfus Wyrmbreaker or whatever his name is, right through to cho'gall, and from Maloriak, right up to Nefarian. All in all, i hope you get back soon and that more people get signing for raids. It would be a shame after the distance we've come, for us to trip at the final hurdle.
To the regular attenders of the raid! "<3 <3 <3 <3" Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Jonny doers it for 2 weeks and gets praise,

Jodie does it for 2 years and gets people not signing, people not showing, people showing up late, whining, bitching, /gquitting

I see how this is..................

Everlightly

I've been singing your praises for ages, the guild even got you that lovely chopper to say thanks :D

I think credit be where credit is due guys, i personal have done no organising, Jodie's done the hard work, I just did the invites and took advise and raid leader while she is tied up.
Jarakuel / Chris
Wanderer

re: Re: Raids

Jodie: I think you've done a cracking job since i've joined the guild, good guild leader / raid leader attitude and since i've joined the guild i've seen us progress from Halfus Wyrmbreaker or whatever his name is, right through to cho'gall, and from Maloriak, right up to Nefarian. All in all, i hope you get back soon and that more people get signing for raids.

Like i say jodie, i think you've done a cracking job! I was just thanking jonny because he stepped in to take control whilst you were unable to make it! Ofcourse people appreciate your work jodie! You can't be replaced! Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: