Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cassor
Wanderer

re: Hunters - How they work.

There were some 'misunderstandings' on vent last night regarding Hunters, before I was told I wasn't supposed to be listening to the Raid channel.

Interupts - Only MM have a direct interupt - silencing shot. This is on a 20 sec cd. Glyphing for it does not change this CD.

Traps - You can only lay 1 type of trap at a time. This will persist for 1 min. CDs on traps are 30 secs, unless wearing PVP gloves (Reduces CD by 2 secs). There is a delay in the trap being cast and it being active - it is not an instant effect like polymorph (This is why you let the Hunter start any CC). Traps can be resisted.

Trap Launcher - You can place traps within 40 yards. There is a GCD between selecting Trap launcher and the type of trap to launch. There is a delay in the trap landing and being active, as above.

Misdirection - MD has a 30 sec CD; glyphing for it removes the CD for you Pet ONLY. It is not a ranged taunt. Once cast, it will remain for secs. In this time any damage, including periodic damage will trigger the effect. MD is not a ranged taunt to tank! For 4 seconds it temporarily transfers any threat generated by the hunter to the MD target. This means the Hunter will need to generate more threat than any other class for the mob to aggro the MD target.
Raiyen
Wanderer

re: Hunters - How they work.

I never did understand the nerf to Misdirect. Used to be a handy skill, but now it just seems to be a bad variant of Feign Death.
Toofles the Great

re: Re: Hunters - How they work.

Cassor wrote:
There were some 'misunderstandings' on vent last night regarding Hunters, before I was told I wasn't supposed to be listening to the Raid channel.

Interupts - Only MM have a direct interupt - silencing shot. This is on a 20 sec cd. Glyphing for it does not change this CD.

Traps - You can only lay 1 type of trap at a time. This will persist for 1 min. CDs on traps are 30 secs, unless wearing PVP gloves (Reduces CD by 2 secs). There is a delay in the trap being cast and it being active - it is not an instant effect like polymorph (This is why you let the Hunter start any CC). Traps can be resisted.

Trap Launcher - You can place traps within 40 yards. There is a GCD between selecting Trap launcher and the type of trap to launch. There is a delay in the trap landing and being active, as above.

Misdirection - MD has a 30 sec CD; glyphing for it removes the CD for you Pet ONLY. It is not a ranged taunt. Once cast, it will remain for secs. In this time any damage, including periodic damage will trigger the effect. MD is not a ranged taunt to tank! For 4 seconds it temporarily transfers any threat generated by the hunter to the MD target. This means the Hunter will need to generate more threat than any other class for the mob to aggro the MD target.

QFT

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: