Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eluniel
Guardian

re: Cho'gall

My mind clearing/ ability listing:

Corruption Bar: Getting hit by any of Cho'gall's or his minions abilities will increase your corruption and give you Corrupted Blood. Stacks to 100.
- 25% Corruption: Accelerated a magic debuff that increases your stack gain, must be dispelled soon as possible.
- 50% Corruption: Sickness periodical 5 yard cone. Stay away/turn you back against raid members.
- 75% Corruption: Malformation a tentacle on your back. Move away unless you're a melee dps/tank.
- 100% Corruption: Absolute you are immune to healing but deal double more damage.

Keep your stacks as low as possible. In phase 2 there will be shadow damage to every raid member every 2 seconds. This spell will deal more damage the more stacks of Corrupted Blood you have.

Both phases:
Fury of Cho'gall debuff on the tank that lasts 45 seconds. Swap tanks.

Phase 1 (100%-25%)
Cho'gall has two staces and he’ll switch stances approximately every 20 seconds. At engage: Flame's Orders.
- Flame's Orders adds extra 20k dmg per Cho'galls swing (heal tanks). Spawns fire puddles (avoid fire).
- Shadow's Orders adds shadow AoE to each of Cho'galls strikes. (dmg taken increased by amount of corruption)

Cuddle and interrupt:
- Conversion, mind controls 5 targets in 25 man. Must be interrupted (anything goes). If not interrupted fast enough Cho'gall gains: Twisted Devotion.

Adds, spead out:
- Corrupting Adherent spawn once per minute at the portals either side of the room. The first spawning at the left, then right, then left.
- Corrupting Crash shadowy swirl on the ground. Avoid it.
- Depravity Raid wide AoE. Interrupt.
- Spilled Blood of the Old God When killed Adherent leaves black puddle on the ground that won't disappear until you hit phase 2. Do not stand on it.

Approximately 40 second after an Adherant spawns Cho'gall casts Fester Blood and:
- 5 Congealed Blood (300,000 HP) will spawn from each dead Corrupting Adherent. Kite and nuke.
- If any Corrupting Adherent is alive it will gain AoE Festering Blood that will pretty much wipe raid.

How long phase1 lasts increases the amount of Adherents spawned and therefore the amount of Blood spawned, so this acts as the soft enrage to the fight.

Phase 2 (25%-0%)
- Darkened Creations 10 tentacles in 25 man. Used when entering phase 2 and every 30 seconds afterward. Kill asap since they channel Debilitating Beam.
- Corruption of the Old God raid wide AoE. Unavoidable, this will slowly kill everyone if phase last too long (eventually everyone gets 100 stacks -> immune to heals + increased dmg taken ->death).

Nice amount of abilities to watch out.

Edit, PS: is this kind of listing completely useless to others? I need to write things down to be able to understand/remember everything, but am I just making tactics messier with my huge post?

I generally watch tactics and write everything in my little notebook, it only all makes sense when I write it down by hand, that way I can simplify things in my head! But it is useful for raiders for quick reference Im sure ;)

Sycamorechaz
Fallen

I've watched a few cho'gall encounters on youtube and the best tactic for him seems to be to be:

- to have to the boss Misdirected onto the tank into the middle of the room, so that melee and ranged dps have little distance to run between the corrupted adherant and the boss.

- All dps need to be on the adds or all Ranged and a few melee on the corrupted adherant and that melee should switch to the boss when the adherant is at 5-10%.

- The corrupted adherant should be taken to the bottom of the stair at the doorway we entered so there is less distance for dps to travel between adds and cho'gall.

- Slowing traps, earthbind totems or any slowing effects should be deployed about 10 seconds before the big add has died or when the add is about 5%.

- People should stay as bunched up as possible even with the big adds up (but ovbiously running out of the shadow nova effect on the ground) to try and elimate the worship mechanic as quickly as possible to avoid cho'gall growing very hench!!

Eluniel
Guardian

Good guide about Cho’gall: http://25man.com/cata-guides/chogall

Linking this mostly because of good pictures about p2.
25man.com wrote:
Corruption Crash
The adherents summon voidzones on the ground
Whenever a voidzone is casted on Cho'Gall, the tank immidiately move Cho'Gall away
It is vital to call this out on vent whenever this happen
Getting hit by shadow missile will increase your meter dramatically
Shadow missile are the number 1 reason to get high meters and wipe in phase 2
Cho'Gall will go into phase 2 at 25%
Positioning in phase 2
Cho'Gall should be tanked between the throne and the wall
The raid stacks behind Cho'gall
This ensures that the tentacles spawn a) close to each other, b) on top of each other

Something found from mmo-champion forum.

“… if Cho`gall is at 35% hp when the 4th big add spawn, spread out, have the ot pick it up, but otherwise ignore it and just nuke Cho`gall into p2, the add will despawn. “

Ps: I’m starting to feel spammer here. no comment

Jump to: