Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Random Junk/Spam boards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eluniel
Guardian

re: The game?

An ancient dragon wakes up deep under the sea. This dragon will destroy old cities, cause floods and much more. We must fight against this dragon.

There will be two new playable races;
- big eared technology based midgets
- big hairy creatures that used to stay on their own but now will join to the battle

There will be underwater zones and new questing system (more phases and less "kill 10 of these").

What game is this?
Answer: Spoiler (Click To Show):
Sounds familiar? No, it is not Cataclysm expansion. This game is not even in beta yet. This game is Guild Wars 2. It is quite funny how similar the changes are.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E

Yup, I knew that.

But meh, it will only cause more fights between WoWnerds and GuildWarsnerds :\

I just lost the game (if anyone else is playing)
Smara
Wanderer

And some people say after seeing this cinematic...."wow is soo gonna die when this comes out!"
Yeah like it did when Aion came out...After 3 weeks I was running back to Wow so fast I almost beat the world record for speed.
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Probably because some of the people who made wow went to make guild wars, so its the same people who made the ideas. Guild wars 2 should be good guild wars 1 was ok but too much restrictions and low level cap made it easy to "finish".

Hopefully this will be good and make WoW devolpers actually have to do some work and not just pawn off the same old thing to us all the time.

Puremeh
Wanderer

Smara wrote:
And some people say after seeing this cinematic...."wow is soo gonna die when this comes out!"
Yeah like it did when Aion came out...After 3 weeks I was running back to Wow so fast I almost beat the world record for speed.

Oh god, I thought the same. Aion did really REALLY look good, tried beta and fell in love with it. BUT (yes a big but) after it hit retail and I leveled after 30...I realized how much the game sucked. Had absolute nothing to do at max level, was so dissapointed. And I will probably never scream "wow killer" at any game anymore.
Raiyen
Wanderer

The term "WoW-Killer" is such an annoying term.

Why do people have to compare games and say they're going to kill WoW? Nobody is pointing a gun at others saying, "You can't play both games at once!"

However, your synopsis of the game is a far cry from what it actually is. But I'm not gonna say anything else because if people are interested, they'd look it up for themselves.

I know I'll be in GW2 when it comes out, but that doesn't mean I hate WoW because I like GW. Both are good games that excel at different things.
Raiyen
Wanderer

Puremeh wrote:
Smara wrote:

Oh god, I thought the same. Aion did really REALLY look good, tried beta and fell in love with it. BUT (yes a big but) after it hit retail and I leveled after 30...I realized how much the game sucked. Had absolute nothing to do at max level, was so dissapointed. And I will probably never scream "wow killer" at any game anymore.

Aion is ran by fools who can't determine its full potential in the western MMO market.

It angers me to this day that the game isn't fully what it could be. But in the end, since it wasn't developed in a non-asian country, it really doesn't surprise me.

Doublepost, the first time I've done it since I've been registered. So sue me. >_>;
Necrall
Enlightened

Quote:
The term "WoW-Killer" is such an annoying term.

Why do people have to compare games and say they're going to kill WoW? Nobody is pointing a gun at others saying, "You can't play both games at once!"

It is an annoying term, but that's unfortunately how the industry works. WoW works, it sells and it makes money. So it has become the standard by which all publishers judge their own MMOs. They copy WoW so that people will know how to play and be attracted to it, but what they're failing at is doing things new or interesting enough to be different.

I think there's only two games which will 'kill wow' the first is another Blizzard MMO. The second is an MMO that perfects User Generated Content.

I say that cause the problem with all these new MMOs (outside of the bugs) is content, you can't compete with WoW's level of content, it's too old and the developers have too much experience in making raids and dungeons.

The only way to get more content than WoW is to let the players make it. Player made content is usually terrible, which is why I say they need to perfect it, I don't see that happening any time soon though.

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Random Junk/Spam boards All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: