Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

re: Raid Healing and Chimaeron

The first phase is all about healer co-ordination, and raid ability to move and stack.

The second phase is all about the dps - and the proper adrenalin pumping time.

We all got as close as possible keeping the 6 yards between us.

Healing was assigned as follows
Pretoriah on the tanks, Beacon on the double strike tank.
Ione and Galadruin covered the raid.
Galadruin prioritised the heals from Group 1 position 1 and worked down to position 10 in group 2.
Ione prioritised the heals from Group 2 position 10 and worked up to position 1 in group 1.
Also I helped on the tanks with divine light.

We had a fair few problems mostly I think down to personal discipline, with snipe healing on others (seeing a low health just makes you want to heal), and the tanks taking some real RNG damage (75% to dead in 1 GCD for example).

On the Bile-o-tron offline phase we stacked and whacked the AoE heals whacking a CD and making sure all where over 60K health (in 25 it seems to work out at about the same number as well).

Our first issue was that the second Bile-o-tron offline phase was surprisingly quick after the first phase, maybe 40 or seconds after the first.

Also on the second Bile-o-tron phase we have less cds (blown one on the first time) so this is a little tougher.

The key healing factors (very obvious) are making sure raid stays over 10K, and the tanks are kept in the 80% range.

Phase 2
Crazy phase and very enjoyable though somewhat "worrying". Everyone needs to DPS as soon as phase 2 starts. healing is reducced by 99%, but the Bile-o-tron is still operational so if you are over 10K you get hit to 1 health, then second one kills you.

So you have more or less 20 strikes to take down the boss and it is pretty intense. Spamming attacks and watching the raid getting slapped one after the other gives such a sense of impending doom.

More signs and lets drop this on 25 man we are more then capable

Strings.
Wanderer

The healing setup makes sense. I was thinking about this the other day - Druids simply dont have a quick heal which hit for 10k - we only really have HT which heals for 20k+, 3 sec cast and aint mana efficient really whereas i believe all you other guys have fast heals which are much better suited i believe? (could be wrong on this).

Speaking as a druid would it make sense to have druids on Tank healing with assists on massacre and all you cool classes on groups?

EDIT: WG assistance on massacre
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

I was using WoG, HS and in worse cases FoL for the 10K, I think Ione was doing similar.

Take heart fair druids though as reading the changes in 4.06 things could be different as the resto druids look like they are getting a buff

Snipped
Rejuvenation now costs 2713.256 mana with 3/3 Moonglow(down from 4409.041), and 2981.6 mana without(down from 4845.1). A huge buff that will allow us to use Rejuvenation much more now and brings us back into the fold when dealing with raid AOE damage.

Wild Growth’s cooldown has been reduced by 2 sec. 7 sec duration, 8 sec cooldown. As opposed to 7 sec duration, 10 sec cooldown. Also base healing has been buffed by 30%, from 2866 to 3722. Again bringing us more into the fold when dealing with heavy raid AOE damage.

Regrowth now benefits from Empowered Touch, increasing it’s healing done by 10% as well as making it refresh Lifebloom on the target just like Nourish and Healing Touch do.

Nature’s Bounty no longer lowers the cooldown on Swiftmend, but rather decreasing the cast time of Nourish by 30% when you have 3 or more Rejuvenations out on targets. This will lead to Nourishing more on those Rejuvenation’d targets to help control spikes of raid damage or tank damage that do not require Wild Growth.

Tree of Life, while fully talented with Natural Shapeshifter, will now last a maximum of 31 sec, down from 40 sec. While an unneeded and oddly confusing nerf, it is not a huge nerf to overall healing done.

Our mastery, Symbiosis got around a 16% buff. However this does not affect it’s position on the totem pole for anyone. It is still really good for tank healing, but crap(read:*not as good as haste*) for raid healing

Strings.
Wanderer

Shall see how much difference it makes but il still lvling my pally and specing him holy just to see what the difference is actually like when playing

but concerning the updates the WG bump will be nice and also the rejuv will be useful
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: