Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

re: Raid Healing and Chimaeron

I must say this was an interesting fight from the Healers perspective.
It is definately a gear check for the healers as per identified below.

Couple of things that need noting re healing to above 10k, not all our efficient heals actually heal more then 10 k in one cast (but thanks for all the raid chat explaining what we needed to do - was pretty useful)

These details are taken from recent World of Logs reports

Galadruin Holy Light avg 8200 (7.8K-8.6k)
Mac/Ione Healing Wave avg 7300 (6.8k-7.8K)
Smara Heal avg 6500 (based on Emoonpl holy heals) (6k-7k)
Strings/Moombee Nourish avg 3.5K (with a plus 20% bonus if any hots) (3k-4k)

So though most of us can hit over the 10K (with a crit) which is a bit RNG, it is not guaranteed 100% of the time.

Onto Chimaeron

Armed with the information above if we are to take this boss down we need to co-ordinate our healing to ensure people can be over the 10K before the Massacre or caustic slime.

Possible Guild Set-up
Based on our recent runs it is going to be 1 Pally, 2 Druids, 2 Priests (both Holy for this fight seems best) and 2 Shamans.

1 healer (I think druid) focus on the 2 tanks.

This leaves 16 raid and 6 healers.

group the players
Pally plus 3 raid (plus 2nd heals on tank)
Priest plus 3 raid (x2) (plus 2nd heals on shaman group)
Shaman plus 3 raid (x2) (plus 2nd heals on priest group)
Remaining druid on 1 raid (Torucamato - He has WoG so can keep himself pretty stable so shouldn't be an issue) plus hots on the taking damage.

All the healers will heal the guys assigned starting with themselves, then from the top of the list down. If there group is ok, they will heal the 2nd assigned group, starting at the bottom working up.

eg in the group as per below
Raider 1
Raider 2
Raider 3
Healer

damage is incoming on the group hitting 2 folks as below.
Raider 1
Raider 2
Raider 3
Healer

Healer will heal Raider 1 - the secondary healer - if the secondary healers group is all ok, they will heal Raider 3.

This will stop guys (or at least cut down) from getting dual healed for more then needed at this phase.

Fued
As soon as the Bile-o-tron goes offline everyone needs to instantly stack within 6 yards of the prime target - The Main tank - preferably on top of it. Any further away and you will take the full force of the Caustic Slime.

On Fued we need to prioritise our AoE heals as we get 3 Caustic slimes - 15 seconds/25 seconds/30 Seconds

We have 15 seconds to stack and heal the raid to full health (technically if everyone is alive and stacked on tank we need to heal to 80K to be safe) for first group of caustic slime. We then have 10 seconds to ensure the raid is still over the 80K threshold, and finally 5 seconds for the last caustic slime.

Have Lightwell (x2) just behind tank and have the raid on low health click on the light well this as they are running to stack on tank.

Looking at WoL I recomend the 2 Shamans get the AoE heals on top of tank whilst running to place. This should allow the quicker members of the raid to start healing up.

When all stacked the 2 Priests fire their AoE heals, and finally the Pally chucks his AoE heal out. As soon as the 3rd Caustic Slime has hit - the raid needs to split to starting positions.
On this bit it seems that Treants, pets and Mirrios images can all be used to soak damage - so Druids and Mages if you have em - use em at this point.

This fight looks like our Valithria Dreamwalker fight to some extent where a large part of the success is based upon ensuring the heals are perfomed efficiently.

20%
At 20% nuke boss, even healers should get in on the action (DPS the boss) as there is no point healing. Each player can only get hit twice, once to 1 HP then a second time to death.

If you want the achievement ensure the rogue is third on the threat table and uses evasion abilities to give maximum chance of dodging.

Synopsis
Despite being undergeared I think we have the capabilities to do this, and once done, we will be saying "What was hard about that".

Editied to take into account the 4 slimes and correcting the Bile-o-tron off line bit

Last edited by Galadruin the Dwarf on 27-1-2011 10:28; edited 2 times in total

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Brilliant Pob, thank you for this........

Eluniel
Guardian

Nice post, ty.

After raid I was also thinking how I can do this better. I definitely need to use Spiritwalker's Grace and place healing rain to tank + throw some heals while running. I assume that I can safely burn my mana with Healing Surge (seems to be average 19,3k on logs) in phase2. If I use that once for everyone on my healing group they are over 30k (they have 10k at the start of phase2).

I should drop mana tide in phase2 (after second slime I assume) and all healers regen mana while grouped (even if we need to spread out right after I drop it, the center of the room is better place for mana totem than the edge where I stand in phase1).

Have we got plans to clear first 3 in BWD this week then spend some more time on this one?
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Yes, its in the calender....

Everlightly

Awesomes, looking forward to it Happy
Evilneo

Nice info Pob! :P

P.S I think we should also kill 2 first bosses in BoT this week, they are easy to kill (depends on dragons), trash give some epics and valor points are nice! also the most healers gear we get for the chimaeron encounter the better :P

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Also agree with Hugo and was thinking about one night in BoT and one in BWD with one prog night. Havent made my mind up totally yet.

Everlightly

wednesday, we could clear Omitron, magmaw and maloriak, thats 15 possible ungrades.

Then hit halfus and valiona/theralion on the sunday. 10 possible plus any trash luck.

Then all of monday night on chimearon. As a possible plan, if anything drops quicker could even see chimmy on sunday.

btw pob, thats some awesome work there
Evilneo

ofc if we kill 3 bosses in let say 2 hours and we still have 1 hour left we could just swtich dungeon or try chimaeron :P and maybe not this week but in some weeks we should be able to kill 3 first in bwd and 2 first in bot w/o any wipe :P

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Well we done Halfus 3 times now - and we have the "Fix" via Hand of Protection for the Slate Drake which is the trickiest drake here, there are a couple of other mixes that will make this a tricky until we have had all the combos.

When we did 10 man and repositioned ourselves for the drake transition to Theralion, we were much better at the 1/3 breath phase, think it will work same in 25, so this should be easier.

Plus I think Jim wants everyone to see the crazy trash for the third boss at BoT.

Magmaw - Probably the easiest of the bosses (except BH chap), I would say we have this down pretty pat.

Omnitron - still a confusing fight - but I do actually like it - palm sweaty healing here - intense.

Maloriak - I think we have this with tactics we used last time with tank controlled release - just remember the transistion at 25% instead of being hyper casual and forgetting about it.

So I would say we can slap 5 in the first 2 nights.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

At last 3 posts.............. that's what I just said.

Eluniel
Guardian

Some things:
- Enable your raid frames to show incoming heals (you can see if someone is already casting heal on your target)
- Show health with decimals (frame rounds it up and 9900 is not enough) or use colour to show when 10k is reached.
- After third slime in phase2: do not heal anyone who is not under 10k, boss will do massacre and your healing will be wasted.

Wrong calculations removed.

Last edited by Eluniel on 26-1-2011 7:57; edited 1 time in total

Doesn't he cast 5 or so of the Caustic slimes at any given time? so that would be 5x3 or however many it casts on people because I know its above one person or else that would be easy.

Also everyone has about 110k hp, tanks more ofc but on average people 100/120k hp so even if you dont show total health because its too large or just not very efficient, just show percentages 10% is all you need to heal people too. But I did say all this on the night at the start and during. Maybe next time

Eluniel
Guardian

Oh yes, ty.
TankSpot wrote:
… Chimaeron's Caustic Slime. This move will target four players, splitting 320,000 damage (two players and 280,000 in 10-man) between those players and all other players within 6 yards of them. ...

It is not like I calculated. I removed false calculations.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: