Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strings.
Wanderer

re: Maloriak

Just so nobody has an excuse to not watch the video or know whats happening tonight Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqvzlrq6J-Y

[

Summarised

Need to interrupt Arcane Storm - can be helped with curse of tongues etc to extend the cast time to help interrupters

Need an Offensive Dispeller to remove his "Remedy" spell

Need a tank to offtank the adds which spawn when Maloriak casts "Release Abberations"

PHASE 1

Maloriak will run to his cauldron and chuck in a vial

Red Vial
Will gain the abilities "Scorching Blast" and "Consuming Flame"

Scorching Blast = AoE damage which will increase (ALOT) if you take other magic damage
Consuming Flame = AoE frontal cone which needs to be shared between all raiders (splits damage)

Group up during phase and whoever gets scorching blast runs out of the raid group till its gone

Blue Vial
Will gain the abilities "Flash Freeze" and "Biting Chill"

Flash Freeze = traps a player and all players within 6 yards in a block of ice which must be broken in order to free the player.
Biting Chill = single player will deal frost damage to all other players within 6 yards

If you have Flash freeze people need to dps the blocks of ice to free you, if you get biting chill you need to find some space (might need a "Biting chill zone" for people to run to?)

Green Vial
EVERY 3RD VIAL WILL BE A GREEN ONE
Maloriak will coat everything in the room with Debilitating Slime, increasing Damage Taken by 100%

This is the time to kill the adds which are being offtanked ("Release Abberations")

Adds Can be AOE'd at this point (apparently)

There are 18 adds total that can be release

You only want two Green Vials in order to beat the enrage timer.

Allow him to release 9 adds before each Green Vial, and then interrupt any additional casts of "Release Abberations" until Green Vial is cast again and your raid can AoE down the mobs.

PHASE 2

2 AoE's
Absolute Zero = Summons a void zone under a player, producing an orb that will explode if a player touches it....dont touch the orb
Poison Nova = Small DoT to be healed through

He releases two adds called Prime Subjects - These need to be picked up quickly
Have the tank pick these up, and your raid can comfortably ignore them to focus on burning down Maloriak

Maloriak will cast lines of fire at your tank - face him towards the wall

Slowly kite him around the room, and ensure that no one is standing behind the tank

Sorry - this is my day of nothingness and i thought this was a good way to fill it, hope you find it useful

EDIT: Thank you Ione ;)
Sherawr
Guardian

re: Good Job

I just want to say a big well done to both 10 mans last night, especially my group, little bit of competition is always fun Happy. After a couple of 1 and 2 % wipes, disconnects, lag and what seemed to be an endless torrent of Frozen Offtank iceblock syndrom things fell into place for us and we downed him!

Good Job all, look forward to the next encounter Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I am most pleased with you all!

Everlightly

yup a great job from both teams,

great team working to get this one down. hopefully can hit it 25 man soon.
Necrall
Enlightened

Hotfix:

Maloriak will no longer cast Flash Freeze on anyone who is tanking Aberrations or anyone who has recently been hit by them.

GOOD! In 10 man we wiped so many times because the Aberration tank got frozen >.<

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Baltaer
Alt

Dont remind me >.>
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: