This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Necrall

re: Template - L36 Mage (aka Necrall the awesome) - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
My name is Scott, I'm 27 and from Northern Ireland.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

By day I am this innocent Draenei Mage by the name of Template, but by night... (or whenever I feel like it).. I transform into the hideous Undead Warlock feared by all named Necrallof The Firm!

What? ... Whaddya mean you've never heard of me!? I'm famous I tell you! I've written for Emerald Dreamers!

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

With Cataclysm coming, everyone is going to roll a Worgen, myself included. I'm also bored with the game right now and felt like trying out classes at a low level given the 4.0.1 changes. So I rolled a Draenei Mage named Template, I intended him to just be a temporary character until Cata, where I'd roll a Worgen mage instead, but I found I liked Template too much so he's permanent now.

I don't really like playing with noone to talk to, so I want to be in a guild with awesome people that I can chat with and get to know during my time this side. The more I enjoy this side, the more I'll play on this side.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

I know Tethane fairly well both in-game and out (courtesy of Facebook and the Emerald Dreamers site), I've seen a couple of other familiar names like Wizzbosh, at least I think it's the same Wizzbosh who was in The Firm for a while... warcraftrealms goes a little funky when race/faction changes are involved.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

Alliance side, none. This is my first Alliance character ever, so yeah I get hopelessly lost in Stormwind. Horde side my guild is The Firm, Necrall and my other characters (Liandra and Olagrim) are still there.

I have no pending applications elsewhere.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

My mum says I'm special.

For those familiar with the Meyer-Jung typology (MBTI) I'm an INTP (Warning, link is a majorly huge wall of text). This means I'm a very logical thorough person and I don't waste my words. If I say something, it's because I believe it's important to be said. I look at everything in a very abstract, theoretical way, like everything in the world is a bunch of patterns and possibilities to me, things to be played with and understood. It's partly why WoW is so addictive for me, because the game is essentially one giant puzzle where you're trying to figure out the most optimal and efficient approach to everything. With every class being different, and every patch/expansion mixing it up, I can't see myself ever quitting the game permanently.

I'm not one for heated arguments, cause my type is always open to new information and the possibility of being wrong (also because we're generally cold emotionless vulcans, "emotions are illogical Captain").

I'm a funny guy, I love all kinds of humour, especially internet memes, so making puns are common place for me. I love to write creatively, and I don't like writing the same way twice, which is why a lot of my Emerald Dreamers posts are so vastly different from each other, I can't help but experiment with my writing.

"Knowledge for the sake of knowledge is awesome, but if you can apply it that's even better" is a creed I live by. Endlessly curious I will go and read information of classes I don't play and topics I don't know, simply because I'm curious, like recently I was reading up what countries or states use Daylight Savings Time and what don't, just because I wanted to know.

I'm not a leader type. You won't find me leading raids or anything, I prefer to fix things behind the scenes, discussing options and analysing possibilities, but not being in the limelight. So a lot of my officership in the firm consists of "Here is where we are, here is where we want to go, here's half a dozen ways we can do it, here's half a dozen potential problems and here's a dozen ways we can meet those problems."

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

90% certain Social. While I'm not opposed to filling a slot if needed or something, or doing an alt run, I think my serious raiding days are behind me.

I say 90% certain, cause anything can happen in the next few months, I may find I want to see the end-game to see the conclusion of the story, I may find myself with much more free time in the evenings and raiding is perfect for that, I may find myself really enjoying this guild's company and wanting to do more with you all.

Right now though, I want to play the game and get to know you guys, but if I do end up starting to raid more, you'll find I scour elitistjerks and tankspot for every snippit of info I can get on my class and the encounters.

I know the Social App ends here, but I want to answer the difficult questions cause they look like fun.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

In the same way I don't waste words, I don't waste my character's choices either. If I have chosen a talent, it's because I have a use for it. For example in the early days of ICC I took Shadowfury on Necrall, which at the time wasn't a common Destro talent to take. I took it because the blood fiends on Saurfang are susceptible to stun. So after they got out of Consecrate range (Paladin main tank) I dropped Shadowfury on their heads. Worked very well.

Gems and Enchants I always take the best ones I can, at least on Horde side I have access to all professions, so I'm never short on epic gems or enchants. It'll take me a while, but I'll probably do the same Alliance too, at least to get the class neutral ones like Alch, JC and Enchanting.

That said, my character is not me. My character is an abstract reflection of me, I'm not going to take offense in someone offering improvement on an abstract concept, that's just silly. I'm always willing to listen to ways where I can tweak things, improve things and make it better. I will always give my reasoning for doing what it is I do, but if I'm given a good reason for changing, I will.

Logic prevails with me. If my logic is proven faulty, I change it.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

If their attendance or performance is better, then I don't deserve the item. If I'm just a spot filler, then I'm happy to get anything after off-specs. If their gear is worse than mine, then again I don't mind if they get it, a bigger upgrade for the raid as a whole means more dead bosses for the raid as a whole. No item is a one-per-guild, they always drop again.

I've dealt with enough loot drama as an officer of The Firm to know not to cause any. The headaches and annoyance all round just isn't worth it.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Here's the immediate questions that spring to mind.

Who is this other class member? Are they better geared? Is their attendance better? Do they perform better? What raid is this? Is it a progression raid and they're a core raider? Is it a brand new raid and they need their core raiders? Am I better geared than they are and this is early ICC, so they need the Marrowgar, Lootship etc items more? Am I on an alt while they're playing their main? Is my class at a disadvantage on this boss?

I don't believe this is the kind of guild that makes roster choices unfairly. I'm sure that with every person you pick, there's a good reason for that pick. I can't see how you could have progressed to where you are any other way but with respect for your people and making good choices in who does what.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

I'm answering these together because they go together.

In short: I'll be frustrated but keep my mouth shut.

In long: Nights like that happened with The Firm. Pushing the raid an hour later than normal in trying to down something and failing. It sucks, but it happens.

We went with the 'sleep on it' approach. No WoL logs got uploaded until the next morning, no discussion on tactics or performance until the next morning. It gives everyone the chance to cool their heads, sleep, rest up then look at things with a fresh mind. If any member stepped out of line and started giving mouth offs at another member's performance we told them to cool it, the raid officers will handle the raid performance issues.

So to anyone criticising me I would say "It's late, I'm too tired to discuss it now, please talk to me about it in the morning."

To the raid, again sleep on it. Gold is easily replaceable, people aren't. No point in losing people or friends just because of one frustrating night.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post

I just noticed that links aren't underlined in posts. At least not with this style.

Both the names Template and Necrall are armoury links, so is the word INTP.

To save time here's them all again.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Template

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Necrall

http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html

Toofles the Great

TL;DR

You got a lock. Undead one. I like.
And you're not a gnome mage. I like.
Having you in FE means boosts for low level guildie Horde alts. I like.
INTP
DUDE
I LOVEZ YOU
INTP here too. <3

Ohhhh dear.. INTP + INTP = everyone else is completely lost in the conversation.

Bennied
Enlightened

Yeah you both lost me. But I did smell a horde on the forum!! Funny how the change from horde to alliance also made your name much nicer: from look out here comes Necrall to im just a template.

Why FE and not any other purely social guild would be my main question. Sounds like a pure social guild might better suit you. Allthough the real answer to question 3 might lay more in your answer of question 4. I'm assuming the reason for application at FE is more due to the fact that you know current guildies.

The application sure is socially orientated. I especially liked the frase: "My mum says I'm special" envy
Necrall

Why FE and not any other purely social guild would be my main question. Sounds like a pure social guild might better suit you.

Knowing people here does play a large part. But there's a lot on the front page that cements my choice.

"I have been with FE through thick and thin and its leader for around two years"

The tells me that FE has permanence and staying power. The most dodgy times for a guild are April/May when exams hit and July/August for summer. The fact that FE is two years old says they've went through that, more than once, and survived. A lot of guilds I've seen on Horde side crumble when that hits.

Actually a lot of the more social guilds end up crumbling anyway, every couple of weeks I see '<insert> a new guild is recruiting' in trade, only for them to be gone a few weeks later.

I'm still new to alliance side, so maybe that doesn't affect you guys as much as it does Horde, but that makes me very biased toward guilds that have proven they can stand strong over long durations.

"amazing the bunch of people that make up this Guild truly are"
"FE for me is a family, a community"
"the home it has become for so many."
"If our stable, established and relaxed guild family"

This tells me that FE is not about the achievements, the loot or the raids. It's about the people first and foremost. That's what I want, a community of like-minded people.

Also that pic of Tethane on the front page has her with cookies. I like cookies.

Hope that answers your question Happy

Bennied
Enlightened

Aaltsje
Wanderer

Hey Nec! It's Aales here, the epic *cough* dk from the Firm.. Sooo even though I don't know you that well.. You always seemed like a very cool and friendly person! Happy So gl on the app and hope we get to be fellow guildies on alli side as well!

And I'm a INFP, ha! :p

Wizzboshing

Hey Nec!

Seeya in guild soon I reckon Happy

Hellooooo Scott, hows my smexy horde lock!! Didnt see this move coming! Erm right Im currently out of action at the moment as I dont have internet. For those that don't know Necs other half drew that pic for me on the front page!

Blah its Monday and Im not making any sense, let me look at all of the apps with the Officers and get back to you asap!

Everlightly

Greetings Template, Necrall.

Tethane is currently in the middle of a house move and currently has no internet, I think its due anytime now to come on. So might need to wait a while to here from her and accept(hopefully) or decline.

The app itself speaks volumes and it gets my tumbs up, we recently lost a good vocal mage, all be it too vocal at times so possibly space could free up.

Hey Nec! It's Aales here, the epic *cough* dk from the Firm.. Sooo even though I don't know you that well.. You always seemed like a very cool and friendly person! Happy So gl on the app and hope we get to be fellow guildies on alli side as well!

And I'm a INFP, ha! :p

Ah hey there. How's it going?

INFP, I know the type well. Everything is full of creativity and wonder. Also a tendency to be distracted by shint objects.

Hey Nec!

Seeya in guild soon I reckon

Looks like it is the same Wizz Happy *wave*

No worries on being without net, it's not like I'm in a desparate life or death rush or anything, so take your time.

The app itself speaks volumes and it gets my tumbs up

Yay. Thanks Happy

Aaltsje
Wanderer

Anonymous wrote:

Ah hey there. How's it going?

INFP, I know the type well. Everything is full of creativity and wonder. Also a tendency to be distracted by shint objects.

I'm gdgd! And as promised, I didn't turn my rogue into a gnome.. So I won't be anyone's breakfast! :p But I think you described the INFP quite well.. I likez shiniez! Anyway, hope to cya soon! (:

Toofles the Great

Aaltsje wrote:
I'm gdgd! And as promised, I didn't turn my rogue into a gnome.. So I won't be anyone's breakfast! :p But I think you described the INFP quite well.. I likez shiniez! Anyway, hope to cya soon! (:

I see.... On horde side you guys threaten gnomes to be your breakfeast all the time :o

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/skynes/NecrallJPG.jpg

Nuff said.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: