Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sycamorechaz
Fallen

re: Priest thread patch 4.0.1

Ok this is a basic insight into shadow priest rotations n such which I think are most beneficial, all of the info I got for rotations and stat priorities are from the www.Shadowpriest.com website.

Also SW:D did get a nerf, any mobs above 20% health SW:D deal half the damage it used to and and below 20% is deals full damage.

So for stat priorities at this moment in time it is best to reforge some crit and unwanted hit stats into extra haste and to also have the 4 set shadow priest bonus, this way you can spam mindflay more to get the shadow orb procs.

The best opening rotation in my honest opinion should be SW:P - VT - DP - MF - SW:D - Shadowfiend

The best reason to start with SW:P is because this and mindflay generates the shadow orbs, so inflicting SW:P earlier gives you a better chance to proc an orb.

Use SW:D on every cooldown
Do not use Mind blast until you have 3 orbs
Use your Shadowfiend on every cooldown as well as Sin & Punishment talents makes mindflay crits reduce the CD of shadowfiend by 10 secs so it will be possible to use shadowfiend virtually every minute.

And for trash packs, every since mind sear has been nerfed, the best way to generate awesome dps from trash it to dot up each on with SW:P and then move arouns a lot so a tonne of your shadowy friends will spawn and blown up on them.

As for talent trees, its pretty clearcut between which talents you should spec in, but here is my talent tree I'm am currently using.

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#bcZZGbGdrzrd0fo

Here is a slighty different but still viable talent tree to save mana on those dots refreshers.

http://cata.wowhead.com/talent#bcbZZGbGdMzrd0fo

Paski

I went to the reduced mana cost on instant spells, but it is a waste of points right now, on my shadowpriest I'm always full on mana, never goes down 90% unless you are aoeing or casting dots everywhere like in gunship xd

As for the rotation I prefer to start with VT - SW:P, nevertheless I am a dps obessed! so it just saves a few seconds while the tank is starting to move, then DP and Death, then normal rotation... I believe that is why I die at start sometimes!

I've been taking Wookey out through a number of random HC and the nerf on mind sear is significant. As Chaz rightly said; SW:P and then dance around like you have a hot coal in your pants - you'll soon be confusing the heck outta peeps as your apparitions head towards their target. Even funnier when the target dies during their deployment and they come back to you.

Having tried a few classes now (Shammy (Ele and Resto), Mage(Fire and Arcane)), Retardin and Priest), this is shaping up to be the class for me in Cataclysm. Great fun and with a healing offspec hugely versatile.

My choice now with Wookey is which way to heal; Disc or Holy. I briefly tried Disc but I seems to be getting on better with Holy. Love the Lightwell; if only peeps would click it. I can see it being of great use during certain encounters. Chakra is quite interesting too.

Jump to: