Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Druid thread patch 4.0.1

For ref

Crossless
Wanderer

i found this site with alot of helpfull information for resto droods

http://treebarkjacket.com/patch-4-0-guide/

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

having had a fair bash at balance druid in RS 25 the other night, once you nail the eclipse the dps is fantastic.

On the little bar there is an arrow pointing towards either sun or moon

If it's pointing to the moon use Star Surge and nature spells (wrath/insect swarm and if lit up starfire)

If its pointing towards the sun, use Star Surge and arcane speels, (moonfire and starfire).

The bar stays in position between wipes/log-outs, so check which way it pointing.

I know this may seem obvious, and given a week or two it will be second nature, but when spamming without looking or thinking you may wonder why your bar ain't moving and your dps sux ballz.

Sputtnik
Enlightened

he basic Restoration build goes like this:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZZMfzIkcbu0Go

There is a lot of subjectivity with the following talents:

* Revitalize: 1 point is mandatory, 2 might be preferred, 3 seems to be overkill at least during WOTLK

* Nature's Cure: This is something you should discuss with your raid leader, personally I took it, but it's reasonable in a level 80 spec that you skip it

* Blessing of the Grove: Depends on how you spend the rest of your talent points, it is not a bad talent, but at level 80 it's not a mandatory talent

* Swift Rejuvenation: Currently bugged, so either you take 2/2 and rely on the talent, or take 0/2 and rely on your haste. WHATEVER YOU DO 1/2 IS BUGGED DO NOT DO IT. To check your GCD

# Fury of Stormrage/Malfurion's Gift: Generally deemed to not be worth it, especially in a level 80 build, you'll get more mana conservation with Revitalize/Furor and Fury of Stormrage is obviously terrible.

# Furor (Feral): A good source of additional MP5 if by some weird way you are having mana issues.

# Nature's Grace: Up to you, the live version does not trigger on Resto spells, so it can be annoying to work with.

Gear:

* You should reforge as much crit to haste as you can, with the goal after gemming to be around 1016. Rejuvs ticks are still a shade buggy with regard to how many you get.

* Reforging Spirit into Crit is not a bad idea provided your mana seems to be okay.

* Meta of choice seems to be Insightful, which means you'll need a blue gem. Some folks are doing Nightmare's Tear to cover the blue, personally I went with Spirit/Haste green gem to get me over the cap, but whatever works for you.

* The moonkin idol is better since it has haste. You may care to swap out for now.

Bugs:
* Swift Rejuvenation as explained above. We may not see this fixed until release.

* There is a delay in refreshing LB stacks with Nourish, don't cut it too close. We may not see this fixed until release.

* Tree breaks on balance spells that are not outlined in the tooltip, this is fixed on Beta, so plan on it being fixed for live.

Currently people are finding:

* Lifebloom stacks can be refreshed with LB given the overload of mana, Nourish is not finding a tremendous amount of use presently.

* HT is generally still only paired with NS, but with the current state of Beta this will likely change going into Cataclysm.

* You should be using Rejuvenation very heavily currently, you have essentially unlimited mana and there is no reason not to.

I'm quite enjoying having an healing CD as a druid now! ToL is awesome and the augmented spells whilst in the form are pro.

Just thought I'd post this though. From http://www.restokin.com/2010/10/4-0-1-faq-for-resto-moonki-druids/

A. The cooldown for rebirth is 30 minutes, up from 10 minutes. In addition, only one druid can use it per fight (ie. it “shares a cooldown” but will usually let your second druid res someone on the next fight after you’ve dropped combat). This is not likely a bug (well, except that there are some bugs associated with it where some bosses may still let you res more than 1 person), and you can no longer rely on being able to stack druids to resurrect 3 or 4 people per boss-fight the way that some of my previous guilds have done. Use battle reses more strategically, rather than just resing the first person who dies every fight.

So one battle res per fight. Elysea needs to die less imo!

http://www.restokin.com/ is quite a nice blog imo, they have a post up showing just how large the new tree form is!

http://www.restokin.com/2010/10/druid-resource-list-for-4-0-1/ They have a nice resource list for druids of each spec too, regarding the patch.

Galadruin the Holy wrote:
having had a fair bash at balance druid in RS 25 the other night, once you nail the eclipse the dps is fantastic.

On the little bar there is an arrow pointing towards either sun or moon

If it's pointing to the moon use Star Surge and nature spells (wrath/insect swarm and if lit up starfire)

If its pointing towards the sun, use Star Surge and arcane speels, (moonfire and starfire).

The bar stays in position between wipes/log-outs, so check which way it pointing.

I know this may seem obvious, and given a week or two it will be second nature, but when spamming without looking or thinking you may wonder why your bar ain't moving and your dps sux ballz.

Yea thats so annoying, even when the meter resets the bar doesnt change direction so you have no option what to use! I hope it gets changed because tbh staying one direction after a day or two of being logged out is just plain stupid!. Especially in heroics, if its on Starfire your screwed by the time its cast the mob is dead

Bennied
Enlightened

re: Resto Druid - talents, gems, enchants, glyphs

I have noticed that even though sites are mentioned above, players still have trouble getting the correct information. I believe it would be useful to make a list of all neccessary information available on the forum, so peeps don't have to go look around.

This is the main information i got of www.restokin.com voor de following spec:

4. Resto Talents
-------------------
http://www.restokin.com/resto-druid-healing-guide/4-resto-talents/ (oldlink)

5. Resto Glyphs
-------------------

Resto Prime Glyphs (Use swiftmend, rejuv, lifebloom):
--------------------------------------------------------------
• Swiftmend -when you use swiftmend, it won’t consume the HOT.
• Rejuvenation – increases rejuv’s healing done
• Lifebloom – increases LB’s HOT crit chance
• regrowth – Not useful because it has a chance to refresh the duration of a short duration HOT, only if their health dips low right after you healed them, so it will never actually do anything.

For resto major glyphs:
---------------------------
You really get to choose what will be the most helpful for you. I would recommend that you choose Wild Growth, Rebirth, & 1 other:
• Wild Growth – WG will hit 1 more person. Very helpful for 25-man raiding.
• Rebirth – Your target will res at full health & mana. This becomes really useful compared to other options so your target doesn’t die as soon as they pop up.
• Healing touch – the effect was changed (will no longer turn HT into a flash heal). Not that useful for level 80, but may increase in usefulness at 85.
• Innervate – Will be more useful at 85 when we have mana problems
• Roots – gives instant roots on a 10 sec cooldown. Usefulness increased, and will be even more useful at 85, or if you PvP.

Minor glyphs:
---------------
(get MOTW, & unburdened rebirth, and then pick whatever you want for the third):
• Mark of the wild (minor) – reduces cost now that MotW is raid-wide without a reagent
• Unburdened rebirth (Minor) – unchanged, and still useful
• Aquatic form (minor) -Increases swim speed by 50%
• Dash – (minor) reduces dash cooldown

6. Stats & Gear
------------------
Resto stats:
• Stamina – Base stat (primary stats can’t be reforged) – increases your health. This will be on all your gear, but it’s not super important.
• Int – Base stat (primary stats can’t be reforged) – Now gives spell power, increases the size of your mana pool, and gives crit chance. This is your primary stat on gear, and you will want to choose gems with int on them now.
• Spirit – (secondary stat can be reforged) – Increases your mana regen while in combat and while not in combat. They removed the “five second rule”, so while in combat (whether you cast or not), you will have the same regen. Out of combat, your regen is higher to help you recover faster between fights. When you choose the resto talent tree, you gain more passive regen from spirit while “in combat”.
• Haste- (can be reforged) – Makes your cast time spells (ie. regrowth, HT, nourish) cast faster. Also makes the time between the ticks of your HOTs faster (You will gain additional HOT ticks with enough haste), and lowers their global cooldown (up to the 1 second hard-cap). The magic haste number is 1015 – At or above this haste #, you get an extra rejuv tick instead of a shortened duration (this number has nothing to do with the GCD for our cast-time spells, and everything to do with the new haste scaling with HOT mechanic. Click on the link for more info about why you want 1015 haste).
• Crit- (can be reforged) – Your direct heals and HOTs can all score critical strikes now, and some mechanics (ie. living seed, etc) are a proc on crit for something beneficial to happen. This makes crit a more useful stat for us.
• Mastery – (Can be reforged) – Not yet available on level 80 gear. I also wouldn’t reforge current gear to add mastery at this point if you are AOE/raid healing in ICC. This becomes a slightly better stat (better than crit on your gear) if you are assigned to tank heal primarily.
• Spell power (can’t be reforged) – This stat is now only available on weapons, and maybe a few outdated enchants.

Reforging
-----------
You can turn up to 40% of a secondary stat into 40% another secondary stat. You can only reforge a stat into something that is not already on the item. So, if you have an item with spirit and haste on it, the only useful stats a resto druid could reforge into would be crit or mastery. If you had an item with crit & haste, you could then reforge into spirit or mastery. If you have a trinket with +100 spirit on it, you could reforge that crit into + 60 spirit and + 40 haste rating if you wanted (NOTE: you can’t reforge “chance on Equip” or ” On Use” procs from trinkets, only passive secondary stat bonuses).

For a druid intellect is everything... you can reforge crit/mast to haste. But beware haste has minumums in order to get an extra tick. So there is a point where maybe mastery is better if healing spells are quick enough i guess.

Azerothian Idol (or, why is my relic different?):
------------------------------------------------------
They changed how relics work now, and they now give flat stat bonuses, and will work across classes. So, you now have a healing relic that will be shared across all the hybrid healer classes when we hit 85 (pallies, shaman, & druid healers would share). While it may show up as being class-specific at level 80, you will want any type of caster relic with good stats and higher item levels. You will want the highest item level idol with intellect & spirit on it. (oldpost)

7. gems, enchants, consumables
-------------------------------------

Gems
--------
(updated for 4.0.1):
• For red gem slots, Brilliant Infernal Ruby gives you increased int (which now gives spell power, crit & mana).
• For yellow gem slots, Reckless Ember topaze is int/haste. You can also use Quick King’s Amber for more haste.
• For blue gem slots, Purified Demonseye gives int/spirit.
• Meta-gem (for head pieces): Ember shadowspirit Diamond for 54 int and a 2% max mana. Keep whatever one you were using, but make sure that the gems you have equipped match the prerequisites now…

Consumables
----------------
(not yet updated for 4.0): flasks:
• Flask of flowing water (gives you mana regen)
• Flask of the draconic mind (gives you spell power)
Depend on gear and need.

Potions (old post):
---------
• Runic mana potion – You can only use one per fight, but more mana is always better.
• Super Mana potion – For easy content where you need a little boost, but don’t want to spend all the gold. Don’t use these when learning newer content, or in fights where you’ll really need the extra mana that runic potions give you.

Enchants (old post):
-----------
(Not yet updated for 4.0. I will need to update links after patch 4.0.1 hits, but I can’t really update ALL these links before then. In most cases, spell power may turn into int, which is fine.)
• Legs: Brilliant Spellthread is the best, but you can substitute this with any other spellthread with spellpower for gear that you won’t keep as long.
• Shoulders: Greater inscription of the crag or lesser inscription of the crag (if you aren’t exalted with Hodir). NOTE: you should be able to mail thes exalted version from characters with high rep to characters without rep as Heirloom items.
• Head: Arcanum of Blissful mending or Arcanum of burning mysteries if you want crit more than the spirit (but Blissful mending is better for healing if you have that rep high enough). The head enchants should also be heirloom items that you can mail across your characters.
• Cloak: Subtlety for reduced threat, Wisdom for spirit, or greater speed for haste.
• Gloves: Exceptional Spellpower
• Chest: Powerful stats gives you +10 to all stats, or greater mana restoration for +8 mana/5.

5-7-2011 Beware this is an old post!!
Healers should get intellect whenever possible, than haste. So after reaching meta-gem bonus (see above) get all gems to brilliant inferno ruby for items that have less than 30stat of alternative stats (+20 mastery) or less than 20 intellect. So if your gear has one slot with a bonus of +10 intellect or +20 crit, put a +40 intellect in it. Reforge all stats to haste when spirit isnt a problem anymore.

Last edited by Bennied on 5-7-2011 15:06; edited 1 time in total
Bennied
Enlightened

re: feral druid

Needed to gem and reforge my druid even further. What i know at this moment for tanking (feral) druids is:

4. Gems
----------
We still stack stamina in 4.0... even more! Our talent ability (Vengeance) gives us the ability to increase our AP with 5% when we get hit, up to 10% of our health. Our savage defence is than a proc that's depended of the amount of AP (65%). So in the end more stamina is more AP and defence too.

Like always main gems are: Delicate cardinal ruby (ag) and solid majestic zircon (stam), shifting dreadstone (stam/ag)

5. Hit caps
------------
We got two hit caps atm:
1) Normal melee hit (rating): this should be on 7% (8% if no shammy etc/ 263 rating approx?)
2) Expertise cap: we should get expertise up to 23 (minimum) or even to 40 (maximum)

6. Enchants
--------------
Take all enchants with stam and agility.

7. Reforge:
-------------
Since haste is no longer of much use to us, basically trade in haste for expertice or hit till u reach the hitcap. Than get mastery. So haste for hit>expertise>mastery

8. Gear:
----------
Besides the normal tanking T10-set, get as much 'dps' gear as possible, since this has a higher amount of stamina and agility.

!!! Very important like with healing spec is to get all leather gear, cause u do not want to miss out on the leather specialization bonus our class now has !!!

9. Rotations:
--------------
Feary fire, (Maul if enough rage), Mangle, Demo roar (opening rotation), 3 lacerates, Pulverize (make sure 3 stacks lacerate are up, u will receive debuff, only use again when debuff gone). Mangle spam in whenever possible and pulverize when no mangle available and debuff not up.

This is the way i see it at this moment. I do not have the allknowing wisdom, so any suggestions would be welcome and I will add it to this general overview.
Sputtnik
Enlightened

Extremly good post about resto druid, tells you everything about spec/glyps/gems/enchants and stat prio. The second post contains varies of nice items to each slot and where to get em from, well worth to look at.

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110354-resto_cataclysm_release/

not sure if others have experienced this, but boomkin dps seems (PVE) to be in a startling poor way at the moment.

Is it me and my nabness - or have others experienced any issues. Since the patch I have lost substntial dps (in the region of 3K) on single target boss, so would like to know where I am going wrong.

My stat priority is Int > Hit/Spirit (to cap) > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Rotation is IS/MF/ Wrath/Starfire/SS (eclipsed) rinse

Bennied
Enlightened

Kristoffer or anyone done there homework on Druid tanks?
Eluniel
Guardian

On 4.3 resto druids got WG nerf (total -35%) and kind of useless 4pt13. Forums are filled with qq, but somehow we need to work this out. ^_^ So here we go:

Druid healing in 4.3; overcoming the challenge
Don't be afraid to use Rejuvenation: Do not try to blanket raid, you will run out of mana. Try to have an understanding of the damage patterns of an encounter and prepare raid for incoming damage with rejuvenations, so that you can have the maximum number of rejuvs out for incoming damage without having any completely wasted (this is key to being effective). Experiment to find you limit, how much rejuv is “too much” for your mana bar – do not be afraid of having to pot and being completely OOM at the end of the fight.
Keep good Lifebloom uptime: Lifebloom is key to good regen and procs (Malfurion's Gift, Revitalize, Replenishment). Try to keep your uptime as close to 100% as possible and don’t be afraid to refresh it by refreshing Lifebloom as opposed to Nourish if needed. Do not let OoC procs go to waste. OoC gives free heals and very quick way to refresh both LB and Harmony (via Regrowth).
Keep good Harmony uptime: Harmony makes our heals more powerful. Try to keep Harmony uptimes between 80 and 100%. Part of HoTs are always ticking for overheal, but making sure that the ones that aren’t healed over are as powerful as they can be is important. Don’t further hinder yourself by neglecting it, make power aura for this or use addon to trac uptime.
Don't WG just because you can: Use WG when there is damage for it to heal. Again, understand the damage patterns of an encounter, time it to make sure that it is not on cooldown when there are going to be a sufficient number of people who will benefit from the healing. Don’t wait an inordinately long amount of time to use it while you are waiting for that “perfect” moment, but think through the points in an encounter where you want to have it available. And remember: WG is unusual in that in can be targeted on a hostile unit and will still apply to the lowest-HP raid members in range of that unit.
Don't Swiftmend just because you can: very similar to Wild Growth. Maximize the use of swiftmend, but make sure that it’s available when Efflorescence will really have an impact on the raid. Don’t sit on it forever – just play with it smartly so that you can make the best use of the heal.
Maximize Tranq and Tree of Life: Find the best times to utilize these cooldowns to the maximum potential of both the cooldown and the raid. Don’t be afraid to lifebloom all the things in ToL, it’s a great way to help conserve mana (OoC) while continuing to contribute to raid healing.
Innervate and use potions: The downside of relying heavily on rejuvenation is that it’s going to have a significant impact on mana. Innervate early and often, but try to time innervates with Power Torrent. Also try to find a time to utilize a potion of concentration. Don’t be afraid to push yourself to find where your mana limits are.

4.3 changed metagem: [Burning Shadowspirit Diamond] works on heals now based on testing with Swiftmend and Lifebloom. It is obviously the best metagem we can use.

For more serious theorycraft there is:
http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110354-resto_cataclysm_4_3_dragon_soul/
http://treecalcs.com/

Trying to write this stuff on chat was too hard, so I made a picture.

Basic druid spells and what they proc:
Forum Image

Some "rules" for new druid healer:
- Keep 3xLB on one target to get mana and mana free heals from Omen of Clarity. Use OoC to either for a LB/Harmony refresh or prepare target for SM&effo (or even both, if you can SM trough LB target aka raid is staked on tank)
- Keep Harmony uptime as close to 100% as possible
- Use SM on cooldown (That will give a 5 second gap for mastery uptime. That means every 15 seconds, you want to cast a direct heal to keep Harmony up.)
- Use WG on cooldown on AoE situations
- Pre-hot: If you know a big ability is coming be ready with RJs already out and WG & efflor prepared to be used (also, check/refresh Harmony so that is doesn't drop before WG is used)

Tree of Life:
- gives 15% healing bonus
- Lifebloom can be put to multible targets
- Regrowth is instant cast (Not a throughput gain since Regrowth is a 1.5 cast anyway (aka GCD))
- Wild Growth targets 2 extra people
- Efflorescence gets a double benefit from the 15% Tree boost (since the underlying Swiftmend was already boosted)

Use ToL when needed, it can be used as:
1. Healing cooldown: If many people in the raid need healing quickly, shifting to cast instant Regrowths can help hit people who need the most healing immediately. Still use a good amount of Lifebloom when people aren't in danger of death.
2. Mana cooldown: Because of all the Lifeblooms you use during Tree of Life, you get a lot of Clearcasting procs from Malfurion's Gift, and can turn each one into a free instant Regrowth. Use the Regrowths to refresh Lifeblooms.
3. DPS cooldown: In fights with short-term burn phases, you can shift to Tree and do a useful amount DPS with Wrath. Do this only if there is no healing need and your mana can handle this.

Be brave Jodie, go heals!

Last edited by Eluniel on 16-2-2012 4:58; edited 1 time in total

Love you Henna, great job!!!

So LB rolling is back in vogue then, do you target tanks? Does LB stack with other druids?

Eluniel
Guardian

Tank is primary target for LB, but if you for some reason can not keep it on tank (out of range, etc) just keep it on someone to get procs. You can keep it at the same target as other druids and it doesn't overwrite his/hers. You need to build your own stack of 3.

To emphasize importance of those mana procs from LB, here are my managains from last DW kill:
- Revitalize 180546 mana (from LB)
- Innervate 156096 mana
- Replenishment 120858 mana (from LB)
- Heartfire 73996 mana (T12 restoration 2P bonus)
- Hymn of Hope 37328 mana (priest)
- Concentration 19450 mana (potion)

Jump to: