Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Thania
Enlightened

re: Shaman thread for patch 4.0.1

While scouring the web to find information on how to shaman post patch 4.0.1 I fell over a couple of post that I found informative.

From elitist jerks about gemming and reforging for enhancement - one of the last post, author Hothgor

Myrddins thoughts about enhancement

Life in group 5 - post and discussion about resto, and the site looks interesting aswell
Droone.

re: A couple of Shaman posts I found informative - resto and enh

The life in group 5 is a good site and the post regarding the patch is a informative read.

I do not however agree with the build and prefer the build outlined at elitest jerks.

http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t102964-resto_cataclysm_theorycrafting_updated_oct_13_a/
Everlightly

OK, finally got this yesterday.

Enhancement shamans go for hit and crit cap, 420 space goats and 446 for the dwarfs when cata comes, then expertise.

After that, its stack Agility everywhere, enchant for Agility and engineering enhanecments now stack with normal enchants (Hannah)

After that reforge your gear by removing the highest stat and replacing with mastery,

Example
head item has 130 crit and 89 haste, reforge the crit to mastery
Shoulders have 78 haste 69 crit, reforge the haste

I tested myself on the test dummy before and was hitting 5.2k and after I was on 6.7k, but the test dummys have a bug with the new searing totem mechanics.

I did forge of souls HC and on James Brown (bronjahm) I did 10538 and a lava lash critted for 28k with 5 stacks of searing flame on the target, very tasty indeed. but it seams haste and hit is not as good for use as it used to be.
Chausie

I'm really disliking Enhancemant now. Used to be a busy spec, always something to do, but now there are long periods with nothing to press and it's just so boring.

Maybe it will change with Unleashed Elements, but I'm unsure.

Do agree with you there Hannah, I liked shaman because of the action packed dps rotation. There was long, very long spells of nothing, we used to always have something off cool down and need to fit as much in as possible in order to keep up with your dps.

personally, i've tried my paladin, DK and shaman so far since the new talent builds, and so far, i'm loving the retri paladin set up.

Just need to see what the future holds
Eban the Great

From a Elementalist's point of view, the patch has changed a fair bit. A good thread I found was over at http://totemspot.com/2010/10/4-0-1-elemental-guide/.

In short:

Spirit is the new hit
    Spellpower bonus from wearing all mail - get rid of that flimsy cloth and leather
    Totem of Wrath is no more
    tongue out Earthquale rules, although 'locks don't like it!! But a nice AoE spell nonetheless
    Mastery gives chance of a second lightning bolt/chain lightning/lava burst

There's plenty more out there, but I think the sub class has improved in the round.

Following last night's dabble into resto in our ICC25, I was struck by the apparent lengthy cast time and poor performance of a resto's signature Chain Heal. It appeared to take an age and whilst I admit that HPs have increased significantly, my setup is certainly gonna need some fine tuning to resto that snappy raid healing function.

Was I the only one who noticed this?

Thanks for the link Eban I have been meaning to research my secondary spec for a while. found it very useful.

With regards resto quite like the changes especially as i seem to have so much more mana. I do seem to not use chain heal as much since the patch. Not sure how it will fit in when we get healing rain.

Apologies to you (and the rest of the raid) if you had to cover for me in group 5. Just taken delivery of my new computer so should be fine from now on. Although not sure if it was a computer or patch problem last night as i just coulnt get onto the server.
Chausie

Remember to earth shock though guys! Reduces the mana cost of the next heal, as well as increasing it's effective-ness. If you use the macro I posted in another thread, you can keep the tank/earth shield target targeted and just use it off CD without having to re-target all the time.

Getting off the odd lightning bolt during 'downtime'(Even if only 2 seconds of it) helps get your mana up too.

Need to remember that Greater healing wave is the new Healing Wave, and Healing Surge is the new Lesser Healing Wave! I love how they just changed the names of our spells around instead of trying to get spirit link, or whatever it was called, to work. :p Kept wondering where lesser healing wave was for ages till i was told it was renamed!

How good pure tank healers would shamans be now?

Took me a while to get into the rhythm of thins, but I think I'm there now! Finding resto more fun than before, and a lot more than enhance now.

And yeah everlightly. I think I might see if I can go back to healing and switch to my resto druid in cata, i can't play a spec I don't enjoy, just not going to get all I can out of something if I find it boring!

Also, are you finding that youget that long stretch with absolutly nothign to do, then suddenly everything comes off CD at once? it's all very messy and doesn't sync right imo.

Thanks for the tips on earthshock and lightning....gotta refine those features, although mana was certainly not a problem last night save spamming the dreamy dragon. Now to write my first macro/healbot thingy (well when I get home ofc!)

I have to say that the "movement" between classes is inevitable after such sweeping changes as 4.0.1 brought to the game, I'm tempted by a dps/healer priest combo as the dps side certainly feels more natural as shadow than the mechanics of elementalist in last nights run.....only time will tell wink

I tried to decide how to spend my Valor Points as resto. So I did some calculations and rankings with wowhead. Unfortunately, I’m only slightly less confused now than when I started.

This is comparison of full 5pt11 and different off pieces:
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=60308:60309:60310:60311:60312;60310:60308:60312:60309:59510;60308:60310:60311:60312:63540;60309:60310:60311:60312:59481;60308:60309:60310:60311:59324;60308:60309:60311:60312:59499

I did not add Phase Twister Leggings/Kilt of Trollish Dreams, since they are identical with t11 legs.

Items can be acquired by:
- Helm: token from Nefarian
- Shoulder: token from Cho’Gall
- Hands: Argaloth or 1650vp
- Legs: Argaloth or 2200vp
- Chest: 2200vp

The T11 chest is the only vp option that doesn’t drop from bosses, so it seems to clear choice where to spend points. However, there are also other great options: Core of Ripeness, Relic of Eonar/Relic of Norgannon, Haunt of Flies/Heavenly Breeze, Band of Secret Names and Twined Band of Flowers.

I may need to wait and see what kind of min-max gear people in Elitist Jerks will come up with. While waiting that I will take that trinket and swim in mana (Dream Owl+ Core of Ripeness+manatide).

Last edited by Eluniel on 20-1-2011 2:33; edited 1 time in total

Life in group5 provides some nice calculations about resto shaman trinkets. http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=1886

There is also downloadable Excel spreadsheet that values trinkets according your current stats. Fall of Mortaility seems to be best for us, no matter what you do with your gear.

Ione. wrote:
Fall of Mortaility seems to be best for us, no matter what you do with your gear.

I think it fantastic for any healer tbh, that and the TB one, can't remember it's name

Eluniel
Guardian

Galadruin the Holy wrote:
Ione. wrote:
Fall of Mortaility seems to be best for us, no matter what you do with your gear.

I think it fantastic for any healer tbh, that and the TB one, can't remember it's name

Lol, I just realised what my statement looks like. XD I’m not saying it is only shaman trinket (it is bis for us, but I’m sure it is as bis for others too).

Tol Barad trinket? Mandala of Stirring Patterns? It will proc int in next patch and it will be yummy. I will just wait patch (to be sure it will be what it should be) and then get it.

For some reason I had today a little talk with two FE resto shamans. One thing for common was Telluric Currents in my build. The main thing with this talent is that you should not take it too soon (less int -> less spell power -> less dmg done with LB -> less mana return and ofc with not-so great gear you do not have time to spam LB). Here is listing about possible talent builds:
Life in group 5 wrote:
3/7/31 – TC-less Spec
What it includes: Acuity (3), Ancestral Swiftness (2), Cleansing Waters (2), Blessing of Eternals (2)
What it excludes: Telluric Currents, Ancestral Resolve
Why it’s good: A solid entry-level spec for players just starting into dungeons, heroics and raiding, this spec benefits from a large majority of Resto talents, including Cleansing Waters, while excluding TC, which goes largely unused in dungeons and heroics. Fully-talent Acuity and Ancestral Swiftness also mean that you’re benefitting from the highest level of stats possible (for Crit and movement speed, respectively) while BoE aids in stabilizing groups during high-damage periods.

3/7/31 – TC / Max Crit Build
What it includes: Blessing of the Eternals (1), Cleansing Waters (1), Acuity (3), Ancestral Swiftness (2), Telluric Currents (2)
What it excludes: Ancestral Resolve
Why it’s good: A basic build that affords you a minor heal upon cleansing and still benefits from 3/3 in Acutiy, this spec is one I’d recommend for healers getting into raiding. With a limited number of harsh dispel mechanics, the heal from Cleansing Waters constitutes a loss of convenience at most. Obviously, the loss of 2/2 Blessing of the Eternals will be less than ideal on Chimaeron, however the allocation of points in TC (if utilized) will provide a greater benefit in increasing your longevity.

2/7/31 – TC / Max Blessing Build
What it includes: Blessing of the Eternals (2), Acuity (2), Ancestral Swiftness (2), Telluric Currents (2), Ancestral Resolve (1)
What it excludes: 1 point in Acuity, Cleansing Waters
Why it’s good: The talent spec that I used through normal modes and am currently using for hardmodes, this spec drops a point in Ancestral Resolve to benefit from 5% incoming damage reduction (which although a small reduction, still constitutes mana saved over the course of an encounter). 2/2 Blessing of the Eternals is achieved by dropping a point in Acuity, which although a reduction in hps, can be made up for by a more crit-heavy gear set. The movement speed boost and instant-GW are a boon in movement-heavy encounters, because when combined with smart positioning, increase the amount of available time you have to spend healing or regenning through TC.

There is also bis listing in that blog, but in current 4.1 PTR testing and all I will not follow anything my own sense. Anyhow this picture is still true:
Forum Image

Blog: http://lifeingroup5.com

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: