This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Droone.

re: Application Restoration Shaman - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?

My name is Ian (although everyone calls me Mac) and I am 38 years old. I live in York, England.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

My character is Droone a restoration Shaman. I have an elemental offspec (for emergencies only) Maxed professions are leatherworking and skinning.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Droone

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I am looking for a social friendly guild that also has a good raiding structure.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

I know a few ex LE guild members have joined FE

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I have been playing the game for about 3 years and have only been in the one guild Lunar Eclicpse. I am therefore rather sad to be applying for another guild but the leaders have turned it into a social guild and most of the raiding members have left. I am therefore now looking for a new ‘home’

I have not applied to any other guilds.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

Loyal friendly active member.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Raiding.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

Restoration is my main spec and elemental is my offspec. Didn’t start healing till WOTLK as mainly dps on a hunter or warrior but enjoyed it as soon as I started. Elemental frustrates me for some reason although my gear is good enough for use in raids.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

Usually check out Elitest Jerks after any patches and every couple of months.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

I believe my talents and glyphs are the best combination for me to achieve my healing goals. I leveled a Shaman with the intent of becoming a healer as I wanted to experience all aspects of the game.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

If I sign up I will be there.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

I am married with 3 children so cannot raid every night. However the only night that I usually cannot raid on is Thursdays as I play football at 22.30 (server time)

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

DBM, Hud map, Omen, Reccount for general raiding. Healbot for healing

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

Prior to WOTLK raided as dps hunter and warrior. Raided Icecrown Citadel primarily with my Shaman. Icc10 cleared with some hc’s. ICC25 9/12. RS10 cleared. If the dps bug gets me I play on my DK Sothos. Haven’t played on my hunter or warrior for a long time.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

I believe all current content.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

Yes and love the challenge of completing a harder boss.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I am always open to suggestions on how to improve my healing. If the advice were correct I would happily implement any changes. If I felt it was incorrect I would discuss why with him/her.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

All raiders love getting new gear including me. However I raid for fun and to achieve progress through the instance so it would not bother me at all.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Politely and when appropriate ask raid leader the reasons why and if I can improve in any way. I would not be annoyed and appreciate it is difficult to set up a raid and always some people will be left out.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

Difficult scenario as it would depend on my performance, who was making the comments, and whether it was a whisper or raidchat. Always found encouragement works better than criticism.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

The fantastic feeling you get when downing a boss for the first time is only there because you have spent the past few days wiping but gradually improving until …

Thank you for reading my application and hope that you can squeeze another LE refugee into your guild. Mac

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Hi Mac and thank you for your application, I like it and have checked out your character and for your level of raid experince looks in tip top condition. Would be nice to have another resto shammy on board so I would like to offer you a trial spot within FE, poke me or an Officer in game for an invite!

Welcome!

Wizzboshing

Nice to see another 30+er arriving! :D

Welcome!

Shhhhhhh were all 28 Clare!

Droone.

Thanks for giving me the trial and will be online later today. I didn't expect such a speedy response.

Thanks Wizzboshing that was the first time I have divulged my age to anyone on WOW. Obviously there must be other 'oldies' out there!

Mac

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Were not olddddd /cry.

We may need you on tonight for our ICC 25 run if your up for it, to many poxy people on holiday and ill....... would you possibly be about?

Wizzboshing

28 roger that Happy

i will try. my computer finally died last week and therefore no computer till Monday. can use my son's, hopefully, but the connection was dreadful on it last night. so probably yes.

Toofles the Great

Hai Droone
Atei here.
Hai again. I will bug you here too. Once again.

OMG didn't realise this is where you disappeared to.

Seems a long time ago when you always outrolled Faire for the hunter gear.

Now where's that leave guild button....
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: