This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gladelina2

re: Gladelina, Protection Warrior - ACCEPTED

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
Steven Michiels, 24 years old and living in the country of political disasters, Belgium

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Gladelina, lvl 80 protection warrior; with both Blacksmithing and Mining maxed.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Gladelina
Allthough it appears to be bugged (yay for bliz), it's showing some rogue that I don't even know Oo

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
First of all, I'd love to have a good time, which doesn't appear to be a problem from what I've seen and heard about you guys so far Happy.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I'm sure I've met a few of you while pugging raids the past week, either on my warrior, or on my shaman Gorgeous. The real contact only happened tonight though, with Tethane.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I don't have made any other application besides this one. And my departure from Indecisive happened in agreement with my current GM.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
Now there's a tough question Happy Well first of all I love to have a good time, if online I'll help wherever possible, and I'm allways open for a chat, or to have a laugh. I allways attempt to do my best for the task at hand, along with quick thinking and good awareness of what's going on. Also I'm very inquisitive about anything that considers my class or available raids, to that I'm allways ready to give it my all.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
Due to some RL difficulties atm, I believe it's best to apply as social for now. Because I can be online full-time the 1 week, while being barely the week after. Once my RL settled down a bit, I do expect a full attendance, which is where I would apply as raider. Nevertheless, if you're a person short while I'm online, I'll be more then happy to help out ofc.
Because of this I'm not quiete sure if I should fill out the questions below, but I'll do it anyways just to be on the safe side Happy.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
Protection is my mainspec, which is also the spec that I prefer to play. My offspec is arms atm, but that's mainly to mess around a bit, I admit I'm not good at it, and the only item I have to play it is a 2H axe Happy. Reason being that the number 1 reason why I stepped away from my shaman is the boredom of a tight rotation-bound dpsclass. Tanking is full of challenge, and challenges are my drive to keep myself at max performance. My offspec is arms atm, but that's mainly to mess around a bit, I admit I'm not good at it, and the only item I have to play it is a 2H axe Happy.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I check on Elitist Jerks regularly, but most of all I'm using my own findings and experiences to find out what is best.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
I didn't make this talenttree, and have considered to swap a few points around. The best glyphs are pretty much set for each class, which makes those a no-brainer. And because protection is the only tanking-tree, I'm using that one.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
As I have explained above, right now I don't. But once I start a raid, I'll be there for the end as well, and even overtime if some boss is acting stubborn Happy.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
Same as the above really Happy. But once my life is sorted, I'll be available at any time on any day.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
DBM, Omen + the addon package oUF, and X-perl unit frames.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
I don't have real experience yet I'm afraid. I've know every fight inside out though, and been in every place, but pugs tend to break apart sooner then they reach the end.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
On my warrior, ICC 10, 25 and 10hc shouldn't pose a problem. ICC 25hc I haven't been able to test yet, but I think it should be allright besides some tank-focussed bosses like Festergut for example.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I'm not an achievement freak, but I do admit that the drake my sister earned on her shaman does look pretty Happy.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Gorgeous
for reference.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I'd give it a try at least, can only get better of it Happy.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
Better luck next time Happy. This game isn't only about loot. Just killing bosses and progressing further and further is satisfying as well.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
Well, it's not because he/she plays the same class, that he/she has the same role to begin with. And yet, a night off to spend on some hordebashing or leveling an alt doesn't hurt once in a while :P.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
Everyone's a bit frustrated after a tough night, it's what makes us human. So just be the smart person and ignore the comments until it has settled down a bit.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
If one decides to raid, you will know that you'll wipe as well. Especially on some harder bosses. Pay the bill, don't whine cause it won't change anything besides bringing down the mood, and go again until it's right.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post

Just want to add, sorry for the flashy red letters. I thought it would be a good idea to use some colors between question & answer, but it didn't turn out too well :P
Also, the armory link of my warrior appears to be fixed.
Ty for reading my application, and I'll shall be awaiting your reply. Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Many thanks for yoour application!The red is fine by the way.... in fact I quite like it, please check back here for questions and a final desicion.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

I see what you mean about the red but we wont hold that against you, its obvious you was just trying to seperate Q and A and make it look nice. Atleast you saw it and went ooo that didnt work well, then admitted it.

I like the application, and thats a suprise to be honest I saw you whispering Tethane last night and was like "No, don't want Indecisive they are general selfish elitist people" but your application does look quite nice indeed and your applying as social so guess don't need to say how raids are currently full up at the moment so hope you wouldn't be upset if you wasn't picked.

Well seem a nice enough person but im not sure if social is open it got closed which is silly!.

Howcome you are leaving Indecisive btw? Is it because you can not raid anymore due to social matters or something else?

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Not all of them Peter!!! Your to quick to tar a whole guild..... what about Tiamar and Nisala!! Both top people.... anyway.... the reason for leaving was explained in full to me last night via /w I am perfectly happy with it and can elaborate when I get home if you like :P

Dudelion

aaaah, red on blue...my eyes are bleeding

your lucky, i'm color blind and can't tell the diffence between red and blue
Gorgeous2

Sorry again for the annoying colors, and the double sentence on 1 of the questions Happy. That kind of stuff happens when you're typing an application after being awake for 22 hours straight :P.
I have done some thinking lately though. And after taking both advantages and disadvantages into account, I decided it might be better to stick to my shaman (Gorgeous). None the less I still hope that this won't affect my application in a negative way. If this would require me to write a new application, I'd be happy too. (Without hurting colors :P)
Sorry for the inconvenience again.

Steven

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

You have logged out in your PvP gears, Im guessing you have decent PvE items but any chance if its no bother that you could possibly log out in them please to give us a rough idea of what its like.

Please don't take it as an insult im very sure you are more than well equipped just would be nice to have a look Happy.

Gorgeous2

You have logged out in your PvP gears, Im guessing you have decent PvE items but any chance if its no bother that you could possibly log out in them please to give us a rough idea of what its like.

Please don't take it as an insult im very sure you are more than well equipped just would be nice to have a look Happy.

Ofc, no problem at all. And I'm not offended in any way ofc, it's only logical that you want to see PvEgear rather then PvP Happy. Just logged in quickly and swapped talents and gear around, so it should be ok now.
Thanks for a quick reply,

Steven

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Right well as no one else has had any other input I will make an executive decision woop Your accepted as social Happy, sorry but raid spots are kinda full (except past week or so signs have been slacking) so you may end up getting a spot in some raids but please do not be upset if not picked for all.

See how I am being lazy and just copy pasted because I Kinda liked that speech!!! haha

Well as before social is fine and no one has said nope so don't see why not will be nice to have you.

*edit* forgot to add whisper me abotu 7gametime ish il be on Tethane in ICC ninja'ing the missus char :o

That's great news indeed, only just read the reply, because we only just got home Happy.
I'll log on later tonight, and say a few goodbyes in Indecisive if that's ok, after that I'll see if you're still online to contact you.
Thanks in advance, and I hope to speak to you shortly,

Steven

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Mmm whisper anyone in guild and make them invite you I ended up changing raid day so havent been on Happy sorry. but someone will invite, tell them to check website Happy if needed

Gorgeous2

Haven't been able yet to log in game for the reasons I've mentioned in my application Happy. Will do my best to log in later tonight though.
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: