View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Frosty drakes for the Death Squad!

A big congratulations to the Death Squad for the Guilds first Frosty Drakes!!! So proud of you all!!!!!

Forum Image

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Opps deleted the other post instead of moving it!! Never mind you can all say gratz again!!!!

Ipsith

Gratz again then Happy

And while we're repeating things, will there be another "The Team" to get more frosty drakes? Can it be more official this time instead of evolving from a previously sign-up based not-heroic-specific regular 10-man?
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Jon I just had a thought... considering your a scouser you would of though you could of Line of sighted things with your eyes close! Ya know hiding from people and cops when nicking shiz!!!! :P hehe.

Was so much fun and I actually got excited about getting this achieve! Arms went straight in the air and nearly punched Jodie in the face! Was like YEEEEESSSSSSS!

Ive done what I set out to do before LK was released, I said I wanted to kill Lich King as I have played warcraft 2 and 3+expansions and I wanted a frostwyrm and I would do whatever it took! you can even ask Jodie that, I warned her if I had to farm I wouldnt be talking to her until it was done! haha.

Well done all Happy and gratz and ty

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Ipsith wrote:
Gratz again then Happy

And while we're repeating things, will there be another "The Team" to get more frosty drakes? Can it be more official this time instead of evolving from a previously sign-up based not-heroic-specific regular 10-man?

??? What do you mean more official? It was official, and it was aimed to the people who helped clear content not just lootwhoring easymode riders! It was talked about in person at the guild meet up aswell as being discussed in game.

It wasnt just "The Team" to get frosty drakes, it has been "The Team" Since the start of clearing ICC who have got gear and yet still come and show support to me and other people, with ofcourse the odd replacement as people have not been able to come etc.

It came from people who signed up, All the people I took signed up and signed up for normal runs and signed up for boosting runs and didnt care about loot they cared about helping people, In fact Tom you could learn from them! Things aint giving they are earned. Not one of the people I have been taking on the run didn't deserve it, can you say the same?

Wizzboshing

A big Gratz to the new riders! Good work all!

They look awesome!

Tuishao wrote:
Ipsith wrote:
Gratz again then Happy

??? What do you mean more official? It was official, and it was aimed to the people who helped clear content not just lootwhoring easymode riders! It was talked about in person at the guild meet up aswell as being discussed in game.

It wasnt just "The Team" to get frosty drakes, it has been "The Team" Since the start of clearing ICC who have got gear and yet still come and show support to me and other people, with ofcourse the odd replacement as people have not been able to come etc.

It came from people who signed up, All the people I took signed up and signed up for normal runs and signed up for boosting runs and didnt care about loot they cared about helping people, In fact Tom you could learn from them! Things aint giving they are earned. Not one of the people I have been taking on the run didn't deserve it, can you say the same?

I never claimed anyone didn't deserve it, it's a great achievement. But don't pretend it was ever announced officially. Not everyone was at the guild meetup and not everyone was online when it was apparently discussed. One week the calendar event said "maybe do some heroics depending on sign ups", the next it said something along the lines of "regular team heroic run". They aren't the same people who always signed for normal mode ICCs either, some of them always have but others only started going regularly when you started doing progression heroic modes properly.

Remember the comments in the shoutbox where I said I wasn't interested in just normal mode icc 10-man and you called me a lootwhore? Would you say any of the other people who just got those drakes are interested in purely normal mode runs or just doing the same few heroics with no challenge again? Does that make them lootwhores too?

I know I'm not exactly one of your favourite people, but don't insult me by thinking your motivation for playing the game is any better than mine.
Raiyen
Wanderer

Ipsith wrote:

I never claimed anyone didn't deserve it, it's a great achievement. But don't pretend it was ever announced officially. Not everyone was at the guild meetup and not everyone was online when it was apparently discussed. One week the calendar event said "maybe do some heroics depending on sign ups", the next it said something along the lines of "regular team heroic run". They aren't the same people who always signed for normal mode ICCs either, some of them always have but others only started going regularly when you started doing progression heroic modes properly.

Remember the comments in the shoutbox where I said I wasn't interested in just normal mode icc 10-man and you called me a lootwhore? Would you say any of the other people who just got those drakes are interested in purely normal mode runs or just doing the same few heroics with no challenge again? Does that make them lootwhores too?

I know I'm not exactly one of your favourite people, but don't insult me by thinking your motivation for playing the game is any better than mine.

http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4806728&gid=45872

This, to me, is about as official as you get for the formation of said Death Squad to progress in Icc10, be it normal or heroic.

And browsing around original screenshots...

From the original Lich King Kill:
People Present: Pandagork, Sycamorechaz, Sputte, Wizzbosh, Desoto, Envisi, Kilkal, Everlightly, Dawnrazor, Thania.

Compare that to the most recent Icc10HC mode clears, and only a few names are different. They all went regularly after that post announced the Death Squad.

This doesn't even account for the numerous times they took new members with them to get decent gear from icc10 itself. This leads me to believe they had different motives for raiding.

To me, this seems to be a case of "Suddenly someone else has shinies, I failed to jump on the bandwagon, and now I'm jealous."

EDIT: Gratz guys :D
Baltaer
Alt

Gratz guys, really deserved it after working at them for so long rawr!!!

Hope you will be helping other people to get there drakes too peter!

They were official *points to Jers post* fact is it has been the same people running these pretty much since they started doing ICC10 and the same people featured in the screeny receiving their drakes (all be it some of those missing a couple of acheives because of absence.)

And actually, I excpect almost 100% of those that has received there drakes be willing to go and run it again for other people, because thats what we do.....

You throwing the concept of it being "un official" is just silly, same group been running for months to acheive a full clear and drakes.

Green eyed monsters away people!!!!! It a GUILD acheivement and Peter and the Death squad have done a great thing for the guild, everyone outside of the guild can see them flying around on there drakes and KNOW that FE is great!

pandagork

I'm currently drake-less, missing Festergut, The Prof's achi and heroic sindy, and made it perfectly clear last night that I would be willing to smash my face against the achievements other people need rather than going for one's I need as it's what's good for the rest is better than what's best for me. That's the same reason I won't insist on doing The Prof on normal next week so I can grab his achi, as Al needs him on heroic for his drake. I've also been absent as, well, running ICC five times a week is just too much GREY EVERYWHERE for me, so Peter can do what he likes with that spot and I'm perfectly okay with it. If I have to wait three weeks to get my drake, so be it.

And besides, All You Can Eat is without doubt the greatest achievement ever devised in the game. I would personally like to shake the hand of the man who thought it up

Or hit him in the face :P

pandagork

Tethane wrote:
Or hit him in the face :P

well, this is a public website so yes, I would "punch" him in the "face" ;)

Guardian

Yes has prooven by last fridays run, where we went in and did normals and gave people who didnt have chance to goto thursday run ago. I think we got putricide down and thats it, so I dont think you out of anyone has the right to say people wouldnt goto icc normals lol.

Everyone who could sign, did sign and I know for a fact the people I took Will and HAVE gone to normal ICC10 runs just to help others out. So bit uncalled for insulting all of them because your lootwhore attitude has shot you in the foot, You said you wont sign for ICC normals ok fine, I wont pick you for heroics and also how do you think we do the achievements? we damn sure don't do them on heroic!.

Not my fault you wasnt at the meet up or online is it.

Wizzboshing

Ello again.

I would like to add to this if I may Happy

Getting the drakes is a great job to all involved. And I mean that. I managed to get onto the revamped team a few months back for the first Lich King kill and I was totally chuffed. Things crop up and I couldn't sign every week, Dave does a lock up at work on Thursdays so getting home on time and eating etc and getting on in time became a nightmare so the signings became irratic. And also for the same reason as Liam....the place can make your eyes bleed. But still Peter plugged away and put the effort in and to get the drakes is an awesome job for all of us.

This is and always has been Peters baby and fair play for it. The stall was laid out months ago with the linked post seeing what people wanted to do and a bunch of people stepped up. Week in week out being there. The everyone who got drakes last night has put the effort in so the reward is deserved in my eyes.

I personally am a few achievements away and so be it. It will happen and tbh the group who got the drakes last night worked hard for it and no-one can deny that.

So good job again. Nice pimped flying dead things!

Onwards and upwards,

Clare x

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: