This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Withdrawn
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Lysear Retri Paladin Raider - WITHDRAWN

1. What is your name, age and location?
David, close to 40 and living in Bradford, Yorkshire.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Lysear:Retribution/ Protection Paladin, lvl 80 Mining and Blacksmith @450.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Lysear

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
I am looking for a freindly guild that takes raiding seriously.
I expect a fair chance to prove myself and if I cant fit in or dont perform then I would expect to be asked to leave.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
The only member I know is Galadruin (new member), I have know him irl for nearly 20 years.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
Since moving to this realm from Karazahn I have been in Shadow Step. It is a guild created by other irl friends who moved over at the same time. Its a friendly guild but is not a progression raiding guild.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
Other than my class and character I am a dedicated and capable member of a raid. I have a dark sense of humour but can be depended on to turn up if I sign up.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Raiding.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
Raiding spec is http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Lysear&group=1

I have tried other slightly different builds but I have found this to be the best for me and my style and has generated the most dps in raids.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I read the offical forums and also visit mmo-champion and elitist jerks for all teh theory crafting data.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

My build is a fairly standard retri build based on the infromation I found at elitist jerks. Glyphs are the standard used by a retri pala except have take Exorcism for increased dps over the expertise glyph. When raiding seriously I use a slightly different build:
http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?paladin#999SRn2vNzIs0,aere3,10952
as this offers better raid benefits with aura mastery.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

Yes, if I sign for a raid I will be there.
I do work nights occasionaly and if I have these then I wont sign up, but will post reasons for non attendance on your forum so you know.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
When not working nights I am available mostly Sun, Mon and Weds, but I am on line most nights.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
DBM, ventrilo, recount, omen, Big-brother, Pala-power, Rank watch and NUI+ raid frames.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

I have raided since BC and mostly as retri/prot.
I do have alts and have been casters, healers and ranged dps so have experienced all roles.
As a Retri pala I have raided in ICC and have Kingslayer on 10 man and about 6/12 on 25 man.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I am currently geared for ICC 25man and ICC 10 hardmodes as well as RS 10 and 25.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I have completed a few achievements in my time but not tried nealry enough of the hard modes as I would like. I am very keen to do as many as possible to see exactly how hard they are.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
If it will improve both the raid and my performance then I am more than willing to take it on board.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
I would be dissapointed, but there is always next time. So it would make me more determined to be there next time.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
The decision as to who goes on a raid is out of my hands. If selected I would go and do my best. If not I would wish you luck, sign for next time and log an alt or do something irl.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
Ignore them (not via the mechanic) until they had calmed down. If they persist and it is imo uncalled for I would mention it to an officer and allow them to deal with it.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
I would feel frustrated but every raid has bad nights, and even when you wipe you learn something. Pay the gold, rebuff and go again. This time pray harder to the Gods of luck to shine on us.

Thank you for taking time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon.
Whatever happens I wish you all the best in the future and hope your guild goes from strength to strength.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Very nice application, as you can see we have a few pending at the moment but will get back to you ASAP. Check back here for any questions we may have and a final desision!

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

No comments as such, I have bad experiences with Shadow Step guild members, Just hope you were not one of them, and are not like the others I have seen tear into people for having 2k dps in an heroic.

Sputtnik
Enlightened

This is a very nice app, I like it!

Just a question, You say you occasionaly work nights, do you think it will occur on raiddays often? Since we only have three 25mans per week

I cant say tbh.

I am the General Manager of a leisure outlet.
Some times I have to be there in an evening until about 10pm UK.
Its never the same nights and I cant predict. It all really depends on Business.

If this is a problem for you I understand, but I did say I would sign when possible and let you know in advance if I cant raid. Sometimes RL does get in the way.

Wizzboshing

Do I smell I ret Pally?! Happy

a pro ret pally at that. Is an IRL mate and a fine player.

i can vouch for him for sure.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sorry for the delayed reply, we have had to discuss recruitment as an Officer group as we are heading into very large numbers both social and raiding wise. We will be closing recruitment from this point.

We however would like to offer you a social spot within FE, we cannot guarantee any raiding at the moment though Im afraid so if this doesnt fit into what you are looking for please decline your invitation. Poke an Officer in game for an invite!

Before I make a decision can I just ask a quick question, and thanks for the reply.

If I join as a social player can I still sign up for raids or am I not allowed to, even if I am aware I may not get into them as raiders have priority?

Just wanting to find out really how class a socail from a raider and what if any restrictions there are on the rank.

Thanks in advance and I will give you an answer asap.

Yafar
Wanderer

As i don't know if the officers will be able to reply this soon, i'll answer it as i see it:
i think u can sign for every raid, but if they have to choose between raider and social member they will go for raider instead... But if ur aware of that and have no problem with that u can always sign and hope for your sake that there is a spot left for a non raiding member :D

Well as im pretty sure thats how things go when filling the raid spots for a certain raid, jodie (Tethane and Guildmaster) could correct me here :D

Btw must say that this is a very nice application and that we (me myself and I) would be d-e-lighted to have u in the team :D

As a social Member you are allowed to sign for raids, in fact all our members are encouraged to sign, however initally you will more than likely be placed on the standby list, which means you will still log on to wait in the wings in order to take the place of a regular raider who cannot/has not shown for whatever reason. Whilst on standby you still accrew EP points to be spent in future raids on items you may wish to receive.

I hope this clears it up a little for you Happy

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

Plus you have a nice big guild to interact with, with around 10 players on at low ebb tiems, and well over 30 at prime times.

Heroic dungeons are usually quicker as there will either be a tank or healer about.

Also an opportunity to get priority in golddkp runs as a merc, which currently flaps about in icc25.

There are several icc10s (with some heroic modes) at least twice a week.

Unfortunately due to hackings etc you won't be able to ninja the guild bank!!! wink

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Thanks Nick Jon and Pob, all good answers and all bang on! Hope this clears things up. Guild bank access is being reviewed as people seem to have got into the habit of NOT clicking suspect links over the past few weeks!

Once a full member you also have the right to buy things like enchants and higher level items out of the GB for discounted prices for personal use ofc Happy

Thanks to all who have answered my questions over the last week, I appreciate the time you took.

I would also like to thank you for inviting me to join as a social member.
Unfortunatley I will have to decline this invitation at this time. Please allow me to explain this decision before you stop reading.

I applied inititially because I wanted to raid regularly in a progressive 25 man environment. As I have previously stated I am in a social guild with IRL friends. Therefore for me to move leave that guild and my friends it would have been to progress further as raider. Although your guild offers many more opportunities for a social member I feel I can not leave one social guild for another. I understand that there may come a time when I get to raid because places have become available but I do not want to pug raids on a regular basis if not selected.

I hope you understand my decision and do not feel that I have been deliberatley wasting your time. I wish the guild and all your members every success in the future, and I am sure that if this forum is any indication of your members then you will be over subscribed with applications.

Good luck and future successes.
Lysear.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Thats cool but what was this about then? lol wouldnt it of been easier to reply with the latest post back then and saved us all some time? Happy.

Anonymous wrote:
Before I make a decision can I just ask a quick question, and thanks for the reply.

If I join as a social player can I still sign up for raids or am I not allowed to, even if I am aware I may not get into them as raiders have priority?

Just wanting to find out really how class a socail from a raider and what if any restrictions there are on the rank.

Thanks in advance and I will give you an answer asap.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Withdrawn All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: