This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alphadream91

re: Alphadream Muti Rogue - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
Hi, my name is Callum, i'm 18 years young and i'm currently living in Edinburgh, the mighty Scotland haha Happy

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
I am known as Alphadream in-game and i am a 80 Mutilate Rogue and my current spec is 51/18/2. Currently i am levelling Blacksmithing(161) with Mining(110) Sorry for the poor levels, this was an old character i started before my break from WoW and decided to make him my main and level him up as fast as i could.
My armory link is:
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Alphadream

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
Well i have applied for this guild because i see people around from here all the time and they seem pretty funny, always chatting:) And unfortunately after my late return to the game and this expansion, i have found it very difficult to progress anymore than i have at the moment, all be it slow progression. Recently i tried joining guilds that promised 10 man guild runs to ICC and this ofcourse failed everytime because of poor organization and people pugging the instance by themselves. But i can tell from your pretty impressive website that this would not be the case with this guild. I know it is a long shot applying for a raiding spot as a rogue, as it is a pretty highly populated class, but i'd love to be a part of your guild. My expectations from the guild would include a pretty sociable background for some fun, and timelines kept for certain organized events on the serious note.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
No, i recently transferred server from Xavius to play with a family member, and it was him who mentioned you guys as a pretty good guild.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
Just recently as mentioned above i have been in Stigmata, and Trivia. These guilds had next to no organization and were very inactive which was not for me, i gave up in the end with players failing to turn up for raids, me being pretty much their most active player.
I do not have any other pending applications for any guilds.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I believe i will bring a great personality to your guild and hopefullly create an even more sociable atmosphere than there currently is, as i am a very outgoing person and like to make jokes, and know how to take them back without going in a huff! Happy I am a very active and reliable player, and i know you will see from my armory link that i do not have the greatest of gear but i would love to use all my well researched tactics and tips from hours on tankspot and put them to good use, as i have not had the chance to with the other guilds mentioned. I can also promise you what i lack in gear i make up for with determination and heart!

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
Raiding if possible, but i do not think i could take part in the hard mode boss fights.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
My primary spec is Assassination, 51/18/2.
My secondary is Combat, 20/51/0, both PvE specs.
At the moment i play with my primary spec as i have better gear to suit that spec, as i have experimented with my secondary spec and believe it to be the most gear dependent. Right now with my primary i can put out a very steady dps with what i have. I would love to change to combat in the future despite this, because i love all the abilities and cooldowns a combat rogue has to play with at his disposal.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I regularly read elitistjerks to keep up with new talent specs people suggest etc, and topics about what items to acquire to maximize your dps with the current spec you have.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
Well my talent choice was simple, as it is the best single target dps spec i can have at the moment for my gear. (Compared different specs and items on spreadsheets) The glyphs i chose were what was suggested to me for my spec on elitist jerks, not only was it the most widely known choice to go, it fitted with my play style perfectly, as these were the main abilities i used in my rotation.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Yes, very much so. I am 18 and in the very near future i am to get a place of my own. Because of my age i am not bothered and left to get on with my life the way i choose.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
I am available pretty much 80-90% of the time taking into account your raid times as this fits in pretty well with my lifestyle. I work during the day and get home about 17:00 UK time.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
Well i see Deadly Boss mods and Omen threat as a must for obvious reasons, i use X-Perl and Bartender4 to tidy up my User interface. I also use RoguePower bars for all my buffs/debuffs that are active on the current targets to keep track of which abilities to use where and when at the right time.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
More experience in vanilla and TBC than WotLK due to health problems, which i have recently been in hospital to sort out. I raided Molten Core and Onyxia on my druid as resto. Then when TBC came out i converted to feral and tanked Karazhan and Gruul, but my main in TBC was my mage which i raided frequently every week in Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon, Tempest Keep and Serpentshrine Cavern. In this expansion i have raided Eye of Eternity, Trial of the Crusader 10 man, and Vault of Archavon 10 and 25 man on my Death Knight and Rogue. Mostly my rogue. This was the time i enjoyed the game most as i love the teamwork aspect.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I believe i am geared for everything including ICC10, i feel i could do with a few upgrades before starting ICC25 and Ruby Sanctum etc.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
Well you will see i lack raid experience in this expansion due to joining it long after it came about, so i find it hard to even pug raids without any achievements. And ofcourse the whole GearScore thing threw me a bit lol.
Recently i have started, and managed to get groups for VoA 25 and killed Taravon and Koralon in 10 and 25 man. I found this a really positive experience and loved getting back to raiding. I'd love to get the chance to explore new adventures this great game has to offer.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I would feel relieved, it would mean alot to me that someone could give me advice on things i could improve on, i love improving my gameplay all the time. It would also make me feel good as it would mean people would be paying attention to what i was doing, taking an interest in me instead of leaving me to get on with it.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
I would feel disappointed, but i wouldn't get angry because if it was a bigger upgrade for the other person then that would give the guild a better chance on improving and progressing through the content of the raid easier. So overall it would be better for me aswell as him:)

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do? I would simply ask why i have been put on standby politely, and understand that i cannot be in every raid.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
I would report it to an officer or someone who is on that is a higher rank than me to resolve the situation without any name-calling back and forth.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
I feel a little down, but i'd want to continue because i know myself that nobody makes progress without wiping. So this is good for the guild, and a chance for the guild to reflect on their performance and maybe discuss what to change etc.

Thanks for your time, i hope you can see past my lack of gear and give me the chance to show you my true colours in a raiding, and social environement.

Callum.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

I like your application and yea its hard now adays especially with the gayscore bs people want, best is when they ask for 3kgs for Malygos... lol and well im sure you know (if you dont you soon wil) Gearscore means sweet FA there.

We do have a few random 10man groups that happen with ICC so I don't know about a regular spot in 25mans etc and I doubt a spot in the heroic runs (no offense but atm its a set group of people and well if you havent been to normal pretty unlikely heroic :p) but we do have random ones im sure if you keep an eye out you will get into some.

Aslong as you know that its all good I like your application, dont recall seeing your name alately so all good from me to join as social, maybe you will like the atmosphere that we have Happy. Aslong as your helpful and nice you will fit in well

Alphadream91

re: Thanks for the reply

Hey, i'd like to thank you for your reply, put a lot of effort into this application lol, sorry about the epic amount of writing:)

That sounds really great, and yes i have been through all of these gearscore horrors. I didn't even know what it was when i rejoined and started playing again haha.

A social spot in the guild would be very much appreciated, as i know usually most guilds are full up on rogues, guess it's just a popular class hehe:)

I'll look forward to further input, in the mean time you can whisper me ingame if you wish to know more about me:)

Thanks, Callum.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sorry for the delayed reply, we have had to discuss recruitment as an Officer group as we are heading into very large numbers both social and raiding wise. We will be closing recruitment from this point.

We however would like to offer you a social spot within FE, we cannot guarantee any raiding at the moment though Im afraid so if this doesnt fit into what you are looking for please decline your invitation. Poke an Officer in game for an invite!

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I think I may have missed a /w from you last night as I was logging can you confirm you would still like a social spot within FE!

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: