This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

re: Aaltsje Combat Rogue Social/Raiding application - ACCEPTED

Hey everyone, I suggest you get a drink and find a comfy chair.. Cause this is going to be a loooong read. But here we go:

Questions for all applicants:

1. What is your name, age and location?
My name is Alie, I’m 25 years old and I live in the Netherlands.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
I’m applying for my level 80 rogue, named Aaltsje. I have two different specs, but I usually play in combat (20/51/0). I tried my subtlety spec (17/0/54) a couple of times for bg’s and such, but I found that also in pvp I prefer the combat spec. My professions are leatherworking and skinning, both maxed. I just don’t have a lot of epic patterns though, maybe 3 or 4.
Armoury link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Aaltsje

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
While I’m typing this my rogue just faction changed back from horde to alliance. It used to be on alliance until I decided I needed a change a couple of months ago. I already had a death knight in the Firm on horde, but because I still had no idea how to play it well I thought I might enjoy having my rogue there as well. And even though I do love the Firm, I also missed alliance. That’s why I started browsing guilds and came across Forsaken Enlightenment.
I first read your information on emeralddreamers.com and because that appealed to me so much I wanted to have a look on your website as well. From what I can tell from your guild charter and membership policy you seem like a guild where I would feel right at home. I also do enjoy raiding, even though I haven’t been to ICC a lot, but the social aspect is more important to me. And from what I can tell you seem to be able to balance those two very well. My expectations from the guild are to find friendly and dedicated players and just to enjoy the atmosphere, whether that be in raids, guildchat or in Dalaran dancing in Twilight Cultist Gear as I understand you do. Happy

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I don’t think I know any of your guildies, but I have seen members walking around and I also might have done some pugs with a couple of you. But as I said, I made the decision to apply here because of the way you described your guild. I got the instant feeling that Forsaken Enlightenment would be a great guild for me.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
My rogue used to be in Steelbloom, which was later renamed to Lunar Eclipse. I used to be an officer there and because of that I had a lot of drama to deal with. It just got too much and a lot of the old core group and councilmembers left, so I decided to give horde another try. As you already know, I moved to the Firm. The fact that I changed factions again has nothing to do with them, it’s just that I missed alliance. Forsaken Enlightenment is the only guild I’m currently applying to. I would however like to keep my death knight with the Firm. I also still have an alt in Lunar Eclipse so I can visit my old friends there.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
Well as you can see from the text wall this application is becoming, I’m a very talkative person. I’m social and love helping people out when they have questions or need someone to assist them with a quest or whatever. I also enjoy partying up and doing instances as well as bg’s. When it comes to raiding I can add that I’m a quick learner and even though my dps might not be up to your level yet I can help out whenever you need me.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
I’m still a student and because of my weird hours I might not be able to make a lot of your raids and I certainly don’t expect a regular raiding spot so you can consider this to be a social application. But just in case you ever need a rogue, I’ll still try to fill out the next questions as well.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
For raiding I use the combat spec I described above (20/51/0). I’ve always been a combat rogue, but I did try out a couple of different builds. This one with the points in vile poisons and improved poisons seems to work best for me though.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I do try to read up every once in a while. I use sites like mmo-champion.com, but also just browse some rogue related ones. And while I can’t say that I’m always very up to date on the latest developments, but in general I do feel like I have a good idea on how to play my class.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
I can’t even remember how many different talents I tried, but after having the 15/51/5 build for a long time I wanted to try something else. And the points in the poison talents I mentioned above seemed to really boost my dps. I’ve had a lot of rogues question my build, saying assassination is the way to go, but I’ve just always favoured combat. And with the gear I have I seem to do a decent amount of dps. The major glyphs I use are: rupture, slice and dice and sinister strike. I picked these because they make up the biggest part of my rotation. The minor glyphs, like blurred speed, aren’t really worth mentioning. Although they do come in handy in bg’s.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Yes, I control my own time. I travel back and forth between my mothers house and my student house, but wherever I am I’m positive that when I sign I will be able to be online and stay until end time.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
During the holidays I don’t really have s schedule or anything. I‘m just finishing my master thesis which is time consuming, but I’m usually online at night. I’m a real night person, so you can find me online until very late (or early). Usually I’m not online much during the weekend though.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
For raiding I use DBM, Ora and Omen, because I used to overagro a lot before I started using tricks of the trade more often. Rogue specific add-ons I use are: OmniCC which shows my combopoints, and RoguePowerBars which basically shows the timers of all my attacks.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
The first raid I ever did was Naxxramas in Wrath of the Lich King. I haven’t been playing for a long time so I never got to experience any of the Burning Crusade or Vanilla raids back then. After Naxxramas I raided very often, so I did Eye of Eternity and Obsidian Sanctum etc. During the Ulduar period I had an internship which was very time consuming, so I only did a couple of bosses there. Also in Icecrown Citadel I’ve only done 5 bosses. I didn’t really find raiding with my previous alliance guild fun anymore, so I chose to only join a couple of runs. The only role I’ve played is that of dps.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I think I am ICC 10 man ready, gear wise. But because I’ve never progressed beyond the first 5 bosses I do need a little help with tactics and such. Watching the clips on YouTube is different than experiencing the real thing in my opinion.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
Back in the Naxxramas period we did go for some achievements and we had a lot of fun doing them. Also Obsidian Sanctum with 3 drakes up was really fun to do. But lately as I said I’ve been slacking with raiding, so I don’t have any of the newer achievements. And I also love doing Trial of the Crusader, but have never done the Grand Crusader.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
I would be happy that someone is trying to help me out. I don’t know everything there is to know about rogues, so advice is always welcome. I might try to get a discussion going if I don’t agree with the person, but I would still appreciate someone else’s opinion. I don’t think there is just one way to play a class, so I’m willing to try anything.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
Of course I would feel a bit disappointed, but if another player needs the item or just deserves it more than I do then it’s only fair he or she gets it. Raiding is teamwork, so it’s important that everyone gets a chance to improve and is rewarded for their work.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
I would respect the raidleaders decision, I’m sure there is a good reason if I’m not invited. I understand that there are limited spots in a raid, so I wouldn’t be upset. I would just work on improving. I would however ask what I can do to get a spot some other time. Maybe I could even have a chat about it with the rogue that was chosen for tips and such.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
I don’t mind criticism as long as it’s constructive and not brought in a rude way. If the comment is meant to show me what I should do next time, then I would thank the other member for it. Everyone makes mistakes, so if you just take it as a learning experience then there is no need to feel bad about it or get angry at the person. If in my opinion I did nothing wrong I would ask for more explanation, so then I would hopefully understand where the comment is coming from.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
I would get a little frustrated, which is normal I think. But no progress is ever made without failing at first. So I would still try to focus and give it my best, because otherwise I’m not just wasting my own time, but that of 9 or 24 other people as well. And well, as long as everyone is still having fun in trying, then I don’t mind doing some extra dailies for gold the next day.

Grats for making it to the end of my app. I’m sorry for the huge read this was, but I tried to take my time to answer all the questions so you could be able to judge whether or not I’m Forsaken Enlightenment material. wink Thank you, Alie

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Many thanks for your application, check back here for updates!

Ty, will do! Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Having had the chance to read your application properly its lovely, and we are already guildies Horde side although I haven't logged on my Druid for an age!

I think you would fit in very well here, although our raiding spots are pretty full at the moment there are always things going on in the guild to keep gameplay fun.

Must crack my Twilight Cultist out again, I haven't had a good dance for ages!

Any other Guildies or Officers going to comment???

Only thing Steelbloom /shiver I have a very fond memory of Mivi I will be more than happy to share outside of public forums!!!

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

I know your rogues name from somewhere, but its probably from WG >.> buuuut thats all good :D.

Seems a nice application tbh, I think you would fit in quite well Happy but raid spots = scarce. How would you feel if you wasnt picked for every raid? as I ALWAYS say (getting a bit like I need a copy paste macro!!) we are open for social for nice people, but raiding is kinda full but we do run lots of random alt other runs etc.

Everlightly

ok, officer comment coming up, seem nice enough, its a nice app, can't have toon many rogues.

Last edited by Everlightly on 26-7-2010 8:04; edited 1 time in total
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Everlightly wrote:
ok, officer comment coming up, if you know the chap/chappet and they are good then invite already, its a nice app, can't have toon many rogues.
Slightly confused by this? Lol are you telling us to just invite?

Can't just invite, let people have a comment then majority say yes/no etc find out about the person then when the general decision is a good one then we can invite Happy we also have to let the people know raid spots are kinda full, dont want to invite people on false premises you know this Jonny tut tut! Lol.

Plus I don't think anyone knows this person, I don't I just think ive killed them in WG not really a good thing to go on >.>

Everlightly

sorry, misunderstanding, i though jodie said she her drood was in the same horde guild
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Yup it is but havn't logged on her for like 4 months so don't know Alie Happy

Last edited by Tethane on 26-7-2010 8:02; edited 1 time in total

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Think it was but she never plays her druid, im suprised she even knows the guild leader :P

Oo you’re a fellow Firmling Tethane? Cool! Happy And yes, I also have loads of wonderful memories about Mivi. I’ll just say that he scared me out of raiding for a month after my first Naxxramas run where I successfully managed to wipe everyone.. Trust me, it wasn’t pretty. But agreed, the rest of the stories is best saved for some other time.

And Tuishao I did go to a lot of WG’s, I just loved loved loved the tenacity buff. So maybe you remember ganking my 50k hp rogue, because I just couldn’t leave the Sunken Ring Workshop alone.. confused

Anyway, I don’t mind going for a social spot. I already understood from comments on other applications that your raiding spots are kind of filled up. So I really didn’t expect to get a regular spot, but any chance on joining would be welcomed by me of course. I mean I agree with Everlightly, you can never have too many rogues! wink

Thanks for the replies guys. Let me know if you have more questions or anything, Alie

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

It was a proud moment tbh!! I was like WOO I just killed a rogue with 40k+ hp >.> but not hard tbh for a rogue to kill anyone with the first hit xD

Lol, I think I just found my mentor to teach me how to pvp properly as a rogue. Because pretty much all I do now is pray my killing spree lands! Yes, fail.. I know.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I am indeedy, my lil moo chow Anaise is in The Firm. Anyway enough of the formalities, we can have a giggle together and try and kill FE members in WG together hordeside :P

Poke an Officer in game for your invite and welcome to the family!

Hahah I’m already liking the idea, so I’m sure we will! But thank you all for this chance, I’ll log in later tonight to look for an officer. Yay!

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: