This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tankmeup

re: Tankmeup Prot / Fury warrior - DECLINED

1. What is your name, age and location?

Robert Wilks, I'm 23 from Bristol, England

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Tankmeup, level 80, Gnome warrior. I have 3150 wowheroes gs as Fury, and a 3250+ wowheroes gs as protection. Professions are Mining and Jewelcrafting both @ 450.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Tankmeup

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I see that you are having progression runs for the LK in 25m. which stating the obvious that you are currently at 11/12 in 25m :P. I am also at this point of ICC 25 as well and I'm finding myself having to pug it.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us? I have probably pugged with members of the guild, but I can't say that I am friendly and familiar with any Happy.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I recently left Tothrezim as there was a dry spell for like 3 months in raiding 25m ICC, then foolishly trialed for Muted, also finding that they are also on a dry spell for raiding 25m ICC. I only play wow to raid and not raiding 25m with a guild can be frustrating. I am currently pending no other applications then this one.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

I am a punctual raider, If I confirm myself for a raid I will be there! You probably have numerous jewelcrafters as well but I bring epicz! I'm happy to help other people, whether it be a boost or just general enquiries.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

I have always been mainspecced tank with fury as offspec but I'm now mainspecced as fury. As of recent I have raiding as dps. Fury warrior is a very nice spec to raid ICC with, especially in 25 man. but for as long as I can remember I have been raiding ICC 10 (hc also) and ICC 25 as protection.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

No not really to be honest, I just wait until blizzard release patch notes then knowledge up on them!

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

Yes, as I've stated previously. If I sign for a raid I will be there! Happy obviously we all have families and friends, if something not to good were to happen (god forbid) I may and obviously other people in the same situations should they arise wouldn't be able to raid. But I can give notice on that.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Yes, your 25m schedule looks perfect for me, only day I could not attend are thursdays as I play football for a local team and training is just about starting up again Happy

What add-ons do you like to use for raids? I like to keep my UI tidy,

I only use Bartender and DBM.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

Most classic raids, full tbc raids. ulduar 10 11/14 I am currently pugging ulduar 10 for hardmodes, 3 more of those to go for the drake! :P. I am a kingslayer 10 man, and am 11/12 for ICC 25. I have Ruby sanctum 10 achievement as well. 25 man is hard to pug lol. the ICC raids have been done as prot and fury as a third tank can respec to dps after the 1st two bosses. Happy.

What raids do you believe you are geared for? I believe I am geared for any raid available.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future? Currently pugging ulduar 10 hardmodes, Firefighter can be a bitch though! always like to try the earth wind and fire of VOA 10 man. ICC 10 and 25m hardmodes would be nice as well but progression over hardmodes on the raiding aspect of things.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

It's cool for people to suggest things to you that are going to benefit your spec, if it helps you and ypur guild then all good!

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

To be honest I feel strongly about the distribution of loot going to higher end players when it can be given to a person not as highly geared. If you're all in the same guild, it's not about getting loot for yourself all the time! It's about getting everyones loot up to scratch to progress!

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

There's not much to do to be honest, take it on the chin. make yourself available for the next raid and hope you get a spot.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react? I wouldn't react, sometimes I find it funny when people rage at you, and you have to be doing something pretty damn wrong for someone to rage at you badly in a raid.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

It is frustrating, and no one likes a night of wipe. but these things happen and I'm sure it will be rectified for the next oncoming raid!

Thank you for your time! Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Hi there Robert, you mentioned 2 previous guilds but in a character search you have this many since level 80. Thats 12 Guilds in 12 months thats a pretty high turnover of Guilds and obviously slighty worrying for me as a GM. I see Guild members as long term team mates and hopefully friends and obviously an investment for further progression for the benifit of every single member. We are a tight group and really value loyality. Maybe you can shed some light on this for me, help me overcome my worries!

80 Tothrezim
Apr 22, 10

80 Templar Knights
Mar 22, 10

80 Bad Company
Feb 28, 10

80 Infinitum Veneratio
Jan 24, 10

80 Facta non verba
Jan 17, 10

80 VI
Dec 03, 09

80 Muted
Nov 29, 09

80 Horde Knightmare
Oct 22, 09

80 Dreamblade
Sep 06, 09

80 The Four Of Elements
Aug 26, 09

80 Unguilded
Aug 23, 09

80 Battalion
Aug 20, 09

80 Aut Vincere Aut Faciam

Tankmeup

Yes I was a foolish person with the leaving and joining of guilds so rationally. I can assure you that I am no longer that person. I understand your worries, It's just I have realized now that it doesn't set a good image. I applied for the hope of joining your guild and being successful with you all in every way, not to leave after a day. I hope this can clear up some concern.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

So many guilds lol... I dunno if you would fit in here to be honest, as we are full on raiding spots so would have to be only social and its obvious you want to raid with the guild swapping.

Last edited by Tuishao on 23-7-2010 7:22; edited 1 time in total

Everlightly

issue we have is we have 4 top standard tanks and 2-3 peeps with off specs that can do a good job if we are missing 1 or 2,
Crossless
Wanderer

Don't get me wrong, but a person changing so many guilds in such "short" time makes me label him as guild hopper. Also, as others stated, we're full on raiding spot for tank/fury warrs.

Tankmeup

Well thanks for your time, but I see where this is going. =)

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Thank you for your application, it was very nicely put together but due to the frequency of your guild changes and the fact that tank spots are limited in the guild atm we are going to have to decline your application.

I didnt want to bring you in and not gurentee raiding spots, I dont think you would have stayed with us long without a gurenteed place, best of luck for the future though!

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: