This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maiaral

re: Maiaral MM Hunter raiding application - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?

Hi, My name is Dirk, i'm 33 years young and live in the UK, more specifically Lincolnshire (no i don;t have a yellow belly, but it is getting big )

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Maiaral, 80.5 (size matters apparently, women lie when they say it doesn't ) Dual spec, mm and surv and i'm a 450 Leatherworker and skinner, also maxed on the secondaries.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Maiaral

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

I've decided that my current/last guild, i'll be leaving soon, isn't for me anymore, too many changes and i don't get the enjoyment from them that i used to, consequently i don;t put in what i used to and i don't think i'm being fair. They say that a change is as good as a rest and i went on a pug with some FE members on 10.07 and enjoyed raiding again. The atmosphere was good, a nice mix of humour on vent, you have a funny guy called Igor wink and the ladies sounded nice too My expectations would be that i get to learn better ways to play my class, face new exciting raid experiences and some old fun ones, honesty, but most importantly that we have fun.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

Technically no, but i did pug with several of your guild as mentioned before. I liked what i saw and googled you, hence here i am.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I've only been in 3 guilds, Oasis crusaders, a friends ( i say that he caused my WoW addiction, what kind of friend is that...4 relationships later here i am) left because they didn;t raid, so i joined Valium and raided for a while at level 70, the joined DPS where i've been for several years, reason for leaving is stated previously (feel free to copy and paste....)

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

Special qualities....Hmmmm.... My class comes with a pet, that count? other then that, i'm fairly loyal (3 guilds isn't bad going), i help out when i can, with whatever i can, i'm always willing to learn and i can type REALLY slowly using just 2 fingers

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

I would like to be a social raider, leaning heavily towards more raiding in the future.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

At the moment my raiding spec is MM, i specced it because i was refused a pug for being surv and didn't offer the raid enough. I am dual specced with MM/Surv and i don;t mind playing either, i will spec what best suits the situation. E.G BM when i need to level, or when it gets good for raiding again.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I try to when time permits, i've been a bit lax recently though. I use Max DPS, wowheroes etc. to check my gear out and decent upgrades, i also use other random sights that i google when i need to and read up on bits.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

I picked the ones that gave me the highest DPS output and quickest cooldowns on those 'moneyshots'. I will always compare mine to the top players on the realm and the infamous guilds, also lloking at EJ's to see what's hot and what's not. (usually when i slip just below the healers on damage done)

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

I'm fairly in control of my time, my job does have an emergency call out, but that's only when the excrement REALLY hits the fan, lives in danger, national TV that kind of thing (not happened yet, but my 15 mins of fame will come, especially with our surrent government bending us over the table) Generally if i sign, i come. My daughter occasionally interupts my raiding, but i'm sorry she will ALWAYS come first, however my womderful new GF/nanny (she's not reading this but may in future) helps me out a lot with her. So the only other prevention to raiding would be a new baby, or... the pope popping in for a late night vodka session.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

I have split custody with my ex, of our daughter, so i get her 1 week in 2, on those weeks i'm usually able to raid 2-3 times minimum 1930 uk time until whenever, during the other week, i try and do a few days a week overtime, but that doesn't include fridays or sundays, so at least twice a week there. Hoping in time to get my GF playing aswell and then we'll get to the raiding together stage if i get her addicted and that means even more raid time.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

I use DBM, Recount, Omen, EPGP, and zzhuntar. I will install and try any that are needed, and advice is always welcome.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

Lots of TBC raids, as hunter/kiter, ToC10 & 25, ICC10 & 25, most bosses now excluding LK. I've played both hunter and resto shammy in ICC.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

I believe i'm geared for any raid currently, even hard modes, i missed out on naxx and uld as i was on a WoW break (she really wasn;t worth it, oh what a wonderful thing hindsight is confused )

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

A couple, i am an achievement hunter, which is very difficult for Uld and Naxx now, but am always willing to go after them. Love the idea of hardmodes, but get little opportunity to do them So YES i would definately like to go after some more.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

Relieved, it's a ballache trying to figure it all out yourself, feedback from better/more experienced players is always a benefit.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

I would assume that you have a loot distribution system in place, so whatever you use works and that's fine, secretly gutted, you know how it is when you wait and wait, then the tension builds as it drops and then the disappointment as someone else gets it, but there's more opportunities and it's a good incentive to keep going til you get it (even though by the time that happens blizz have invented a new, better item, that you want)

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Grin and bare it, what else can you do? These things happen for a reason, be it raid progression, sexual favours twisted or just that they don't like you. Got to wait your turn, it'll come.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

F@£k Off!! shout at my monitor, ask wtf do you know and go to bed. Everyone does it at some point, but i'd hope that the officers or powers that be will sort it. I don;t hold grudges, life's too short. Also do my damnedest to prove them wrong next time.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Dejected, annoyed, have the word qwerty etched into my forehead, but these things happen, i've had it in the past for weeks on end, just put it down to experience, and sign for the next available raid because i want to see that boss dead and i want... "that item that you despertely want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better" wink

WoW!!! Now that's an application and a half, my 2 digits are bleeding now, hope i did ok with it any questions please ask and i'll lie my best to answer them.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Many thanks for your application, I hope your 2 digits have received some tlc afterwards! You made me giggle a couple of times which is always a good sign!

We have a fair few raiding hunters at the moment 2 of which are MM and regular signers, thats not to say you wont get a chance to raid BUT raid spots maybe limited. How would you feel about joining as social with the oppurtunity to sign for raids and we can play it by ear for your trial period?

I will be one more of the "Ladies on vent" for you to contend with but as your GM and raid leader......... so watch it lol!

Crossless
Wanderer

re: Re: Maiaral MM Hunter raiding application - PENDING

Maiaral wrote:
The atmosphere was good, a nice mix of humour on vent, you have a funny guy called Igor wink

Are u talking about Yegor? =))))))))

Maiaral

re: re Application

Yeah, it is the bane of being one of the best classes, there's always lots of us. Social with a hint/possibility of raiding sounds good to me at the moment, where would i stand with Pugs though? Obviously guild would be my priority, but am i allowed to pug if i don't make the cut?

Also were i to be succesful, where do you stand with Alts in the guild? having played the game for nearly 4 years i have a couple of them on the go at the moment.

And another 'lady on vent' sounds good to me, especially if i get to "content" with you wink (sorry i can't help myself)

Chausie

i think this one will be having lots of cake and strawberries breaks

Chausie wrote:
i think this one will be having lots of cake and strawberries breaks
Indeed, You did go AFK a awful lot last night, any particular reason and does that happen often?

Maiaral

re: re: Application

As we entered the second phase of ICC, we had a 5 minute break and i was eyeing up your forum, so missed the AFK check, but was back for the fight, after hearing on Vent i was AFK.

Second time iirc was at the PP fight when i said i had to go for my daughter, she's currently unwell and had just scraped her toes under the door on the way to the bathroom Daughter>WoW

Third time was DW fight, when i DC'd and could do nothing about it, not even speak on Vent to inform you all as everything just froze up.

If there are any other's please remind me as i can't recall any.

I don't go AFK during raids unless it really matters and hopefully in time i'll get to prove this to you.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Cool cool, Wasnt ment in a bad way just well as you can understand we need to know if it is going to happen lots again as we don't want to hold up the other people. 25mans have decent amount of breaks regular. But my 10mans we just end up going and going until we remeber to grab a break lol or I have to goto shop for wine :D lol.

Well hope your daughters ok Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

We would like to offer you a trial, please oke an Officer ingame for an invite! Welcome to FE.

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: