This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Stonaar

re: Stonaar - Feral Druid (Tank) - ACCEPTED

I appreciate anybody taking the time to read my application. I'm not sure if you are still recruiting, but this guild comes highly recommended by a friend of mine, so here goes Happy.

1. What is your name, age and location?

My ingame name is Stonaar, but in real life people people call me Lesly, or just Les for close friends. I'm 25 years old, turning 26 next September. I'm born, raised and living in Belgium, more specifically Antwerp.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

My character is called Stonaar and has been level 80 for a while now. I'm a feral druid, specializing in tanking. My professions are mining and low level jewelcrafting. I used to have leatherworking instead of JC but I made the mistake of changing that into JC :p. More info can alwas be viewed at http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=eu&server=Emerald%20Dream&name=Stonaar .

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

To be honest my current guild (Lux Aeterna) has been falling apart for a while now and it's been really hard on me to make the decision to leave it. In the past I have been in 2 other guilds in all the time I played WoW and they all ended up disbanding because of a lack of active members.

In my search for a good guild I came across yours and I think this would be a perfect new home for me. What I expect from a guild is to be part of a group of people where I can feel like home, have a nice chat with people and help out where needed.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

I'm a good friend of Mayitbe and she recommended this guild. The more she tells me about it, the more I feel that this guild would suit me perfectly.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I have been in "Knights Of The Heart", "Kiss Of Ysera" and now "Lux Aeterna". As mentioned above I seem to have real bad luck in guilds meaning that they are really great to be in, but after a while they all seem to fall apart cause of a lack of active members. I have never taken the decision to leave a guild myself, I have stayed in every one of those untill they finally got disbanded in the end. I have no other applications pending at the moment, this is my only and number one choice for a new home.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

I am a laid back person with a lot of patience and I try to help out people wherever I can. If it would be possible for me to raid with you guys I would give it all I've got to do my best and not let anyone down. I have no alt characters, so all these years I have been focussing only on this character and I know it in and out.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

I would really love to raid with you people from time to time, but if I get in as a social member that would also be great! I don't mind pugging my runs if necessary.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

My only spec is a feral tank. I have been feral since day one and have been focussing on dps during leveling. After hitting level 60 I have specced fully to what in my opinion is the best tanking spec and have been optimizing it ever since. I love to be on the front line during battles and have a very active role, and of course keep everybody alive Happy.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

If I have any questions I usually check thotbott or wowhead. To keep up to date with patch and talent changes I just keep an eye out on the official WoW website.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

As said earlier, I really have been optimizing my talents over the years and the current tree setup is what works best for my way of tanking. I believe every tank has it's own routine and way of keeping aggro and mitigate damage, and this has worked out the best for me.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

I only sign when I am a 100% sure that I can join. I will never sign up and not show up, it's the way I do things. Even in worst case scenarios I would always find a way to inform people that I won't be there.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

I have always raided starting from 8.00h or 8.30h in evenings to upto about 11.30h. I have seen that this guild maintains pretty much the same hours so thats great. I am also available almost every night of the week.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

Addons that I cannot live without are in the first place OMEN, DEADLY BOSSMODS and X-PERL raid ui. Outside of WoW I of course also have Ventrilo, but I can only listen in as I have no microphone.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

My current guild Lux has fully cleared ICC 10 man, but myself I have only done 10/12. On 25man I have only done 6/12 so far. I have always been a tank in these raids.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

I believe I should be fully geared to clear ICC 10 and 25 man including LK. To do these places in heroic I would last a couple of bosses, but might need some more gearing up for the later bosses.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

I have cleared the first 3 bosses in ICC 10 man on HC and have to say that with a good group these are hard, but not impossible. Most runs I do tho have few people in the group that are a bit undergeared for these kinds of runs and we keep wiping at the 4th boss, he is a real pain in the keester.

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I am always interested in discovering new ways to improve my tanking and if someone more experienced offers me some good advice, I would be grateful for it. 2 or more people can learn a lot more than just by myself.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

It wouldn't be the first time this happened, and if it's for a good reason I don't mind at all. There will be other runs aswell so there will be plenty of times to get an item. I'm not too fussy about getting an item or not, I raid more for the experience of it and seeing high end instances with an enjoyable group.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

A raidleader will always have difficult choices to make and we have to respect those. We might not always like it, but in the end the leader's decisions are irreversible. I wouldn't mind, as long as I can get a shot another time.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

If the comment is grounded then I don't have a problem with it. If it's just insulting out of frustration I would have a private chat with that member and peacefully work out our problems.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Raiding is about constantly learning new tactics and new way to tackle problems, and it doesn't mean because one person knows perfectly what to do, that other people do aswell. I don't mind having a lousy night as long as people don't get frustrated and start insulting each other. If we have a bad night, we'll just do twice our best the next time around. I always find people complaining about repair bills to be kind of selfish (except for plate users Happy those repair bills are insane). Every normal WoW player can easily earn money in the game and paying for repair bills shouldn't be a problem.

Pfeww, that took a while to write so I hope this appliction is a bit clear to you guys Happy. Thank you for the time to read it, and I really hope I shall be seeing you all ingame soon! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to throw me a whisper ingame.

Kind Regards,

Stonaar

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Avold

He is a very good friend of mine, and one of the best bears i have ever meet. I hope we can find a spot for him here.

Good luck mate
//Mayitbe
Wizzboshing

Stoney is a hun. Lovely guy Happy

must be good, he's from belgium :DDDD

Very nice application I will seek feedback from my Officers and we shall get back to you here shortly!

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Lol Nick ;p, seems a nice application but as you know full on raid spots generally and we have tanks in the guild who miss out on spots which would ofc get priority. But stuff happens, holidays illness work etc where people can't make it. Aslong as you are ok with joining as social and maybe filling in spots its all good. Just can't promise any raid spaces.

Yafar
Wanderer

well peter (application boy, im not sure) but weren't we thinking about another 25 ICC group?

No, we were not. An alt run maybe for one night but nothing more.

Yafar
Wanderer

oh okay srr than Happy

Guardian

Well I was saying how if we get enough can have 2 raids but tbh that is unlikely so much stress, messing around, and lack of signs we get 30ish now for the 25man, and some of them dont show so in theory we would need 60/70 raiders who sign just to cover the no shows which nearly always happen. Then there are alts and other peoples chars like me / jodie one laptop etc just not worth the hassle or stress if we did that I think it would kill the social aspect totally and I dont want that to happen.

*edit* Was just an explaination to Nick

Last edited by Tuishao on 28-6-2010 18:52; edited 1 time in total

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sorry, the potential stress leaked into that comment of mine! Anyways back to Mr Stonaar!

Stonaar

Hey guys,

I wouldn't mind joining as a social member, I can always pug raids, or if I'm really lucky fill a spot if some major catastrophe were to happen and you were short on people for an evening ^^.

I'd just be happy to be in good company and represent the Enlightenment with honor Happy.

Cheers,

Stoney

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Wizzboshing

Zoop Stoney Happy

I swear i've come across Stonaar in a pug, remember the name from somewhere 100% sure, was good though
Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sorry for the delay in replying, been a busy week, we would love to accept you onto a social trial with maybe some raiding in there but lets see how it goes!

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: