This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Rieka, Survival Hunter, Raiding Application - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
Liz, 23, Aberdeen, Scotland.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)

Rieka, lvl 80 Hunter Survival, Herbalism 450 and Alchemy 450.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Emerald+Dream&cn=Rieka&gn=Fighting+Mongooses

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?

Ideally, I want to have the chance to do more raiding than I can currently get, just through pugging raids, with a good group of people that I can talk to and get along with.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?

I don't know anyone, although my fiancé has talked to a couple briefly. He also found the guild and told me about it.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?

I am currently in Fighting Mongooses but, although they're very nice, they don't do as much raiding as I'd like and don't have the right members or mentality to raid seriously and progress as far into ICC as I'd like to go. I don't have any other applications pending.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.

I will bring enthusiasm, dedication and a positive attitude to every raid, also providing fish and flasks where necessary!

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

I am interested in raiding!

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?

My raiding spec is Survival, my dual spec is Beast Mastery. I prefer to play as Survival, my off spec is purely for lazy soloing and a chance to pull out the occasional Rhino.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?

I listen to multiple hunter and wow-related podcasts which generally keep me up-to-date on class changes and other changes within the game. My fiancé also lets me know if there are any updates relevant to my class which I might have missed, so I can check them out and update my spec/gear accordingly.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?

When I got to level 80 I knew that Beast Mastery wasn't going to be viable for raiding. I looked at Marksmanship and Survival and decided that I wanted to give SV a go. I instantly enjoyed the priority-based rotation and feel of the spec and have stuck with it since. I have yet to try Marksmanship at all, so don't have any experience of it. Survival works well for me and my playing style and provides good dps, so I don't have any reason to change.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.

Yes

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?

Usually evenings and weekends are fine for me

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?

I have Deadly Boss Mods, AVR/AVR Encounters, Bartender, PitBull, Inline Aura and Skada (threat meter). I also have Track-o-Matique to automatically switch my tracking to the type of npc I'm shooting for the damage bonus.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?

My raiding experience has pretty much all be in WotL at level 80, as a hunter. I've done 7/12 on 10 ICC and 4/12 on 25 man. I could probably have gone further, especially in the 25 man, but the pugs have all fallen apart on us. I've also done ToC 10/25.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?

My gear should be fine for ICC25

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?

My favourite raid achievement, is Mad Skills for TOGC 10 man. I've also done three drakes on Obsidian Sanctum 10 and 25 (weekly at the moment as I'm after the mounts). I really enjoy working on the achievements and the hard modes add an extra level of interest to bosses that aren't new any more.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?

I'm happy to accept any help to improve my game play.

An item that you desperately want drops from ICC 25 you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?

I wouldn't really mind. These things happen, and next time, maybe it'll be my turn.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?

Hope that someone can't make it, or that it'll be my turn next time.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?

I'd probably be a bit put out, but would consider whether I'd really deserved it or not. Tensions will be high at the end of a raiding session, and I'm sure that member will be just as tired as I am and probably didn't mean it to be harsh or nasty.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?

Repair bills aren't an issue, gold is so easy to come by. I look forward to making real attempts at progression bosses for the satisfaction that comes from beating it in the end!

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Cassor
Wanderer

Hey Liz

I dont know status of recruitment, but here are some thoughts on gear/pet.

Stats: You can afford to lose about 130 hit, best place to start would be chest with emblems. You could also look at the TOGC rings to replace your hit ring. Could also switch out your boot enchant. Might want to upgrade chest to +10 and bracers to +50

Gems: Fine, I prefer Deadly Ametrines in yellows, slightly better than straight agi if your looking at the socket bonus. Your nightmare tear is better in chest / legs for your blue. The socket bonus is usually better.

Pet: Looks like you run with a cat for DPS? Slight upgrade using a wolf.

Spec: Cookie cutter, may want 3/3 Hunting party instead of 3/3 Resourcefulness

Most of this is just Min/Maxing, good luck with your application!

Cass

Thanks, as far as my gear goes, I'm currently on 80 Frost out of 95 towards getting my new off tier chest, so that'll take care of that problem. Happy I would definitely consider changing rings, but getting ToGC raids is a problem just now - we've only managed to get in there twice, once with a guild run, and the second with a pug (when we completed it). My boots I'm looking to upgrade anyway, so I'll consider a new enchanct when I get my new pair.

As far as gems go, they confuse me, lol, so I am usually guided by my fiancé (Tom/Aoie, also applied) but I'll talk to him and see what he says. I believe the thinking behind the pure agi, was that it still gives me more than I'd be getting with the socket bonus. Happy

And for the pets, while I do have a cat, I mostly only use her when I'm soloing or for the occasional heroic instance, where my dps doesn't really matter. I have a wolf that I always use for raiding.

Thanks Happy

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Everlightly

Cas, not everyone these days has access to ToGC 25, its still a very hard raid for pugs, my view would be not to advise peeps to get these items, can also make us look a little elitist.

but everything else is all ok though.

good luck with the app though Liz

just my 2 cents

Last edited by Everlightly on 20-5-2010 8:31; edited 1 time in total
Cassor
Wanderer

Didn't mean any offence, if any taken - apologies. Just offering advice on things to consider (ICC10N also has a couple of non hit rings Happy)

Good luck on both apps.

Cass
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Accepted All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: