Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Sputtnik
Enlightened

re: If you want to be the best check this post!

Elitist Jerks is the best forum for class mechanics. Everything you need to know about your class can be found there

http://elitistjerks.com/f31/

Hehehe indeed. Tho post at your peril....they are not the most friendly bunch as a mate found out :P

Well people arent suppose to make friends with them! :P just reading up about their class! Our raids would be much smoother if everyone knew exactly how to play their class to the max tbh.

Just becouse FE is a social guild does not mean that the people who sign for raids shouldn´t preform to the max of their gear/class, I do think that people could prolly benefit alot by just reading up abit on playstyle/gemming/specing
on forums like Ej´s

I would never reply to anything! But use it all the time.

Sputtnik
Enlightened

Tethane wrote:
I would never reply to anything! But use it all the time.

same :P and if anyone where to post something you have to be ready to back it up by a 110% facts or they tare you apart ;)

110% facts BUT with your workings shown, ie 5 pages of maths!

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Google is also a good site to use ;p, Can find a lot more friendly and easier to use sites that way.
Not ones where you have to go through 2000 word essay's just to find out your using the right gem lol.

Sputtnik
Enlightened

Yes becouse we defenatly need a friendly post!! wtf? most of the class parts there have compendiums and nice sections.

And searching on google usually brings you to bad posts from people who have no clue what they are on about and have bad sugestions.

Lets not spam this topic about how horrible and evil Ej´s forum is, since it is the best forums around if you want to be pro at your class.

Lol Calm down Patrik, seems your a loyal fan of it, just saying I don't use it and I seem to be fine at my classes Happy.

If others need to use it thats cool, some people don't but guess everyone is different.

Just saying there are other sites out there too not just one be all and end all.

But one thing though, the game is majority about being fun we don't have the elitest attitude in the guild. Yes we want people to be better but we dont pay for the time so we can not make them feel bad or make them goto certain sites if that makes sense?. Stating going to one site will make you pro is sort of misleading ;p.

No matter how good a site is, it can never factor into random disconnects or something going wrong or lagspikes etc.

The sites useful to find out things yup, not saying it isnt. Probably about 10 other posts with Ej links on somewhere in this forum too lol.

pandagork

Use Rawr instead. Optimises your gear, shows best rotations, can be customised for various raid buffs/food/flasks and is now a web-based app rather than the clunky, download-able mess it is now

Just because you have the time to wade through a lot of information doesn't mean everyone does, language barriers can also be faced with EJ and a lot of their thorycrafting is just that......... theory.

The majority of other sites use EJ info plucked from the EJ site but presented in a way which gives you the facts required in a more condensed form........... whats the issue with that?

www.wowmb.net (warlocks den) is a good example

Not everyone likes EJ and I disagree, having a brain and understanding your class mechanics personally, working on specs that fit the ENCOUNTER and not just what supposeadly the best dps spec and thinking about things like raid balancing and buffs the slightly underperforming specs can bring to a raid comes before "here have a cookie cutter build" go pew pew.

While I do agree it is a great site, I also agree that the way in which the information is presented can at times be agonising (I have searched through for information I require and found it on page 32 in a 121 page topic.)

You have to understand that just cos you think its great doesnt mean everybody else will get the same use out of it.

I mean, I like eating apples............... but not everyone does!

Sputtnik
Enlightened

ehm calm down? :P why wouldent I be calm lol

Anyways ofcourse there are other places that are good aswell, Just suggesting this site since alot of ppl are by far doing as well as they could in raids Happy and ofcourse this is only a game, but I do raid to get somewhere and want people to improve so we can get further.

but like I said, if you dont like it you dont, thats fine. dont coment about it Happy insted give some usefull links to better forums or pages insted of useless bashing on Ej´s forum posts Happy

Its a forum, it's for discussion and thats what we are doing, people can comment as much as they like. It was a dicussion about EJ not about other guides maybe instead of creating a thread about how great one site is we can begin a complilation of ALL sites people may find useful.

Sputtnik
Enlightened

Good idea

Done!!!! And with its first entry :P

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: