Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron_Carbone

re: Westhunt MM Hunter Application - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location? my name is Marius, 19 years old and from norway

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.) My main character is Westhunt, a lvl 85 MM hunter http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/westhunt/advanced ..since i just dinged my hunter and decided to make him my main 4 days ago, so i havent had time to skill proffesions, but that will come. on my former mains and alt i have BS, Alc and inscprition all 525.
Alt´s: Noxh, 85 resto shaman ilvl 355, Carbone Frost DK ilvl 356, Carboníte Prot paladin ilvl 353

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild? Liked the presentation on your webpage alot. you seem to be a decent social bunch. Like the whole aspect that people see FE as a family guild, always nice to a have a guild to play with besides raiding Happy I dont have high expetations to raiding tbh, the people in the guild matter waay more for me, but i would like to participate in some raiding, 2-3 times a week would be nice, Raiding and the people in the game is the reason i play WoW.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us? Dont know anyone in FE, just transfered here from haomarush, just couldnt take the people there any longer, very rubish attitude, so i decided to go back to my old vanilla/tbc realm, ED. I noticed you on wowprogress.com

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds? Havent been in any guild on this server. Dont have applicaitons pending either.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment. Have a very calm and patient personality. See myself as a good raider, have been raiding activly on Noxh and Carbone the last years. Take info fast and im not shy for a chat on vent or anything. Actually up for Vent/TS/Skype chats while playing alot, much funnier to game then, and a nice way to get to know people.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section. I want to become a raider.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why? My main specc is MM, love it and i feel i master it very good, understand the specc really good and i seem to be doing quite well with it. I would like to stay MM for now since i feel 100% secure on that specc, Surv im not so familiar with but im gonna look abit into it later on, atm i just have a wierd BM specc for off specc, no point really..might change it to Surv soon.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this? Yeah i find Paragons forums very helpful, and its because of reading up there i really got into MM fast after hitting 85 with my hunter and now i feel really good at it and understand the specc and how to max out my performance in any given situation.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those? My current MM specc is purely to max out the dps and with some nice focus regenaration from BM on my pet its very helpful aswell on my dps. I cant say to much about the other builds of a hunter since i havent tried them properly, BM is alot of fun tho, leveld with it to 84, Surv i will get more into now and try it out, but i think its best to stick with the specc im secure on. Glyphs there aint much choise as dpsing, so i feel i got the best ones there. Stats and reforging i have keept gemming Agi fully, and will keep on doing that, also gonna stick to Agi enchants( headenchant will be there asap, just need the rep :p), and i will keep my hit cap and haste cap (1350) up with reforging, i am 20 rateing away from haste cap, but thats gonna be fixed asap. When i got my cap´s reached i will focus all on reforging Crit.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time. Yes i have control of my life ^^

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule? im avaibel most weekdays, weekends i might be working so that can be abit tricky since i work late nights then. I like to raid from around 19.00-00.00, thats the times that fits me best.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids? X-perl, flototembar, dbm, omen, recount, grid is my raiding addons, if someone have a tip for a nice hunter addons, dont hesitate on whisper Happy

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in? Vanilla and Tbc i pvped alot with my shaman, did a few Kara runs etc..Wotlk, i did some Naxx and Ulduar and cleared ToC10/25, ICC10 cleared, icc25 4/12 with my DK as dps. Cata i have 9/12 normal from my DK as dps, BoT 4/4, BWD 4/6, Totfw 1/2 is what i have downed, also downed maloriak heroic on him and Magmaw, Omnitron and Atramedes heroic on my shaman. Know every fight very good without Nef, but i learn fast and will read up! Also know the fights from a hunter view.

What raids do you believe you are geared for? BWD and BoT i should be geared for tbh, considering i have my caps i should be set, and my gear is raiding ready. Halfus, V&T, Magmaw, Omni, Maloriak, Atramedes, Chim i should be all se to go for, recon i could do it all, my dps aint scrubby.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future? have done 4/6 in BWD on heroic mode, tbh they were quite straight forward and easy, tho my grp was well geared and had past exp. from the fights. Magmaw was deffo the hardest fight, lava spew was whiping the healers around. Yeah i would like to go onto heroic raiding on my hunter in the future.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable? After the 8th of june yes..have my exam then so after that one im all free from studying and will just be casually working now and then from my future apprentice place Pipelife Norway.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel? If the officer can give me a good reason and prove that others hunter are using that method and it is really benefitting, then yes i would do as told to.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react? i say Congratz! and move on^^ im not gear horny..rawr

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do? Notify the raidleader thats it is his 3rd time now and ask if i can get a reason, if the reason is for example that hes better geared and its a progress raid then i understand i will sit back and hope you get the boss down.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react? If its a negative comment, and its said out in public on Vent, im gonna get pissed, thats not the way to improve your raids..if he/she is annoyed with something i do, take it up with the raid leader or whisper me.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel? I put on some Creedence i lay back and enjoy. That always get my mood right ;)

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Tethane
Guild Mistress

This is a really great application we are just pretty jam packed with hunters at the moment, no chance you fancy playing you shammy as ele :P

Will let the other Officers comment to, but regardless of the raiding spot would you be happy to join as social and play it by ear?

Sherawr
Guardian

Indeed this is a good app, I spoke to Marius yesterday whilst levelling my druid, he seems to be an easy going person who wants to 'belong' to a wow family, he explained to me what he was looking for in a guild, I directed him here Happy as we seem to fulfil his requirements. I did explain that we do have a number of raiding Hunters and that one of his alts may be preferable, but to apply anyways and have a look.

As I explained in our chat yesterday we do have a number of Raiding Hunters, and as Tethane says your chances of entering the guild as a raider would be greatly increased if you decided to play your Shammy, although ofc we dont want to tell you what or how to play 'your' game, that would be your choice. I feel that as a hunter though a social spot would be all we could muster for now. Dont forget all your characters would be welcomed into the guild, so he wouldnt be left behind.

Think about it mate and give us a post back we would love to hear your comments Happy

Good Luck

Baron_Carbone

re: Westhunt

aww, too bad you aleardy have raiding hunters =( You really sound like the guild i have been looking for, but i did level my hunter because was just generally boored of my other 85s, and since i really like my hunter now i think i want to keep it as my main and find me a raid guild with it. Real sorry but im gonna look for another guild then. Take care.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Always social and if you sign for more constant raids than any other raiding hunters you would get prio spot Happy but upto you. Good luck with whatever you decide

Baron_Carbone

re: Rawr

Hey again Happy

Going Elemental with my shaman atm isnt an option but staying as resto with him as i am now and raid with that can be good fun. Went into healing with it a few months back and my healing gear is quite decent now, check him out http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/noxh/advanced

Im not gonna call me a experienced raid healer, i went into a BWD heroic with some irl friends and healed Magmaw, omni and Atramedes wich went quite okay actually. I seem to be doing okay with it tbh. During Vanilla/tbc i pvped alot with it, ele was op back then in pvp :p Wotlk it was an alt and my DK was main. So i decided to go into healing in Cata but havent gotten into any guild tbh wich i wanted to raid with. When it comes to my hunter, well my hunter is gr8 fun, but he can be gr8 fun as an alt as well i suppose, besides they are probably nerfing Cata raids now when 4.2 comes so we can pug some with alts.

Let me know if an resto shaman is something you want, i dont want to go into Elemental atm with this gear, but when i got some decent OS gear i have no problem doing a few raids with Elemental when needed.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

We are not looking for a resto shaman either which is why I enquired about ele our requirements at the moment are:

Boomkin with tank os, ele shammy and spriest with healing os.

Saying that it would be useful top have a dps ms on hunter and we can switch to your shaman if the raid needs. I will accept you but as I said the frequency of you getting a raid spot may not be as you like.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum