Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eluniel
Guardian

re: Hagara the Stormbinder Heroic

The Heroic fight with Hagara is extremely similar to the normal version. Changes shortly.

Main Phase:
- Focused Assault can no longer be avoided. Tanks still have to move out of the attack, but Hagara will catch up much faster. Use defensive cooldowns and healing cooldowns.
- Ice Lance now applies a stacking debuff that increases frost damage taken by 25% per hit. Debuff lasts 3sec. Soaking all 15 missiles = +375% Frost damage taken.

The problem comes from a player taking +375% increased Frost damage and being targeted by Shattered Ice. There need to be two players on each Ice Lance. By alternating every 2 or 3 seconds, they enable to debuff to drop, thus making the damage from Shattered Ice manageable if they are targeted by it.

Ice Phase:
- Hagara regularly applies a Frostflake debuff on random players. -10% movement speed every 1 sec for 15 sec. When dispelled, the debuff leaves a Frostflake Snare on the ground.

The problem is that players are moving together to attack the Frozen Binding Crystals and avoid the Ice Waves. Dispelling the debuff immediately is not recommended as this runs the risk that players get slowed and subsequently caught by the Ice Wave. There are two ways for safe dispelling:
1. players with debuff can enter the Watery Entrenchment and be dispelled there. They will take a few ticks of damage, but this should be manageable and the Frostflake Snare will be out of everyone's way.
2. players with debuff can move to the edges of the platform to be dispelled, though this means that other players need to be careful and stay away from the edge.

Lightning Phase:
- Storm Pillars regularly appear on the platform and explode after 3 seconds dealing Nature damage within 5 yards.

The idea is to circumvent these pillars when making a lightning chain between the conductors. Pilars can also be ignored if team can heal the damage, which increases as Lightning Storm stacks build up (+5% Nature damage taken per Lightning Storm hit).

Tips:

To beat the enrage timer spend as little time as possible in the Ice and Lightning Phase, where the boss is immune to damage.

Ice tips:
- 2 or 3 seconds before the Ice Phase starts, have the tank bring Hagara to the location where a Crystal will spawn. This will save you precious seconds traveling from Hagara to the first Crystal when the Ice Phase begins.
- use movement speed buffs, such as Drums of Speed, Stampeding Roar (Bear/Cat Form), so that melee players can rapidly switch from one Crystal to the other.
- if the melee players are at full health, they should keep attacking the Crystal, even if an Icicle is going to fall on them.
- part of DPS can be left on the 3rd and 4th crystal, thanks to their ability to survive the 2 or 3 ticks of Watery Entrenchment that it takes to avoid an Ice Wave. Classes and abilities:
- Mages with Ice Block, Blink, and Mage Ward or even Cauterize for Fire Mages;
- Rogues with Sprint and Feint
- Paladins with Divine Shield
- Death Knights with Anti-Magic Shell
- Shadow Priests with Dispersion

Lightning tips:
- pre-establish the chains of players from one Conductor to another (pre-determined locations for each player to go to).
- in 25-man difficulty, 6 players are required to conductor lightning from one Conductor to the other. 3 chains are needed.
- you can propagate lightning to several other Crystal Conductors from a single Crystal Conductor

Bumping as next heroic mode! Although can you post both Ultraxion and Yor'sahj as well as I am now undecided after the nerf which would be best!

Aselieos

I hope ppl are reading this for tonight ;)

Especially looking at how the spread for chaining the lightning in the lightning phase.
Aselieos

Forum Image
Zuruthan
Enlightened

bump

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Aselieos wrote:
I hope ppl are reading this for tonight ;)

Especially looking at how the spread for chaining the lightning in the lightning phase.
Atleast 6ish people will already understand how to do that :D my tactics ftw! lol

Gologar

I found a german video showing another tactic for the lightning phase: http://wow.mmozone.de/wow-guides/cataclysm-raids/drachenseele/hagara-heroisch/. The video is at the end of the page. The first lighning phase here starts at 4:00 minutes.
They pull the elemental in the middle and kill there. This tactic has the advantages:
1. Ppl can get quick in position, while DPSing the elemental, with melee close to the
midle and range on the next outer positions in the cross.
2. The overloading starts from the middle and jumps quick in all 4 directions.
3. To link the first segment to the other 3, the ppl in the middle should stay close to the center, to allow the jumping of the overcharging lightning.

Killing the elemental close to a lighning pole has the disadvantage that ppl must run long to get to their positions and have not much time to do it right. Second, if the first segment from the elemental position fails, the others may be well positioned, but will get not the overcharging lightning.

In the ice phase range standing in the middle means MIDDLE, not some place under the semisphere. Sorry that I had to understand this so late. I thought that standing too close to Hagara is not good. Another example that thinking doesn't do the job. Follow tactics and is OK, ofc as long as these are right understood Happy.
Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

great find that Golo - tbh that looks so much easier - as you can see the jump of lightening much easier, plus mellee can hang fonzy like in the middle, less movement and more deeps.

Gologar

I think most of us know www.icy-veins.com. I find the guide for Hagara (Heroic) (10 man for us now) very instructive.

http://www.icy-veins.com/hagara-the-stormbinder-detailed-strategy-wow

Especialy the tips for an easier kill are very helpfull. Having in the lightning phase on heroic 8 Lightning Conductors instead of 4 makes the phase alot shorter with proper positioning.
We have to try this next time. The 30% nerf makes everything easier and we have a good progress group to go on with the other bosses on heroic. They will drop one after the other, I am very confident Happy.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Raid Tactics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: