Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aldaz

re: Asenka (Resto Shaman) Application - DECLINED

1. What is your name, age and location?
- My name is Anders, I'm a 16-year-old boy from Norway.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
- My characters name is Aenka. She's a level 85 restoration shaman, currently no proffesions. I also have a level 83 mage (Kezt), a level 82 dk (Tzark) and my main character Jagk (level 85 retribution pala (prot and holy OS) which currently is on Nordrassil as Horde.

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
- I'm applying to Forsaken Enlightenment because I want to get back to raiding after a month break from it due to PvP with my irl friends.

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
- Yes. I know Markerus who encourage me to apply to your guild.

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
I've been in many other guilds, but I won't list all of them. The last guild I was in was Angels of Ares. I left them because I was tired of raiding and wanted to play with my irl friends instead.
I do not have any other applications pending with other guilds at the moment.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
- I'm not quite sure what special quialities I will bring you. All I can say is that I know how to play my class and I know how to deal with most situations in raids. I've been doing high-end raiding since TBC.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
- I'm interested in becoming a raiding member.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
- My raiding spec is restoration. Currently I have two different restoration specs, but I'm planning on changing my dual spec to Elemental when I've got full Elemental gear.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
- Mostly I search YouTube for any changes in my class. I also use Noxxic and Elitist Jerks aswell as Battle.net for what changes they might do on server resets or patches.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
- I'm currently running the spirit link spec. First I started out with the non-spirit link spec as I liked that the best, but after playing a shaman for a while I started to experiment with my talents and glyphs, as I do with all classes, and found the one that suited my playstyle. I've tried out Elemental aswell, and as noted above, I'm going to change my OS to Elemental when I've got the gear. I've played my friends enhancement shaman and as far as I've experienced the spec, it's not a spec for me.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
- I wouldn't assume that any human in this world could guarantee a 100% that they could be available until raid end time, but I would say that I'm 99% sure that I can stay until raid end time.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
- I'm usually available for raiding on mondays, wednesdays, thursdays and sundays. Thirsdays I usually don't play as I've got school in the morning and work in the evening aswell as homework. Fridays and saturdays I might be online, but usually I hang out with my girlfriend or my friends. As far as I've noticed I will be available on your raiding days.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
- I've tried out alot of different add-ons since TBC. What suits me best is just simple add-ons that won't change my UI that much. Therefore I'm using Recount, Omen, DBM and sometimes HealBot/Healium.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
- I've done killed all the bosses on normal in BWD, BOT, TotFW, FL and DS as tank, dps and healer. In DS I've also killed 3/8 bosses HC, Morchok and Hagara as healer and DPS and Yor'sahj as DPS only.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
- I believe I'm geared for atleast 6/8 DS HC.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
- Though I'm really into achievement farming, I have not got the chance to try or complete any raid achievements on hard modes, but I would love to try.

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
- Yes.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
- If it turns out that the officer or member has more experience or knowledge than me with my class, I would be thankfull for being helped out Happy

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
- That's how it should be. It's more fair for the player that recieves the loot and it helps us improve every member of the guild.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
- I wouldn't do anything special. The raidleader decides who he wants in his team and I've got to accept that.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
- All criticism is good and I can just learn by it.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
- Gold has never been a problem for me so the repair bill wouldn't be a problem. I don't know what I would feel about wiping though, but I don't think it would be a huge problem. I created a guild to play with my friends who had to exp with WoW at all. They boosted eachother up and went right into raiding in FL. After five weeks we had only downed Shannox and Lord Rhy spending about 4 hours, 2 days a week.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Aselieos

Hi,

Rob here, resident ele/resto shaman in the guild.

Can see the enchanting and gemming is fine and that you quite rightly lean towards mastery over haste.

However, I have some reservations on both your specs and would be interested in the logic behind ur choices.

Your primary spec doesnt include spirit link or telluric currents - is there a specific reason for this?

Both specs seem to include ancestral awakeneing - while there is nothing specifically wrong with this im interested to know the logic behind it, as for 25 man there are more optimal setups.

Just to be clear, my opinion pretty much means nothing here as the officers will make their decision based on what our current needs are :p

Goodluck with the app

Ase
Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Aselieos wrote:

Just to be clear, my opinion pretty much means nothing here as the officers will make their decision based on what our current needs are :p

Goodluck with the app

Ase

Does actually, and "raid" needs are never put above other members opinions so don't worry about that we want everyone to feel like they have a say always :D.

Toofles the Great

Therazane
0/36000
Hated

Why, oh why!

////I am not even a 25 man raider, so my opinion, literally, means nothing, but it worries me to see someone w/o the raider-mandatory faction standing at Exalted.

heh well yes, but i was sticking to the spec related questions first - havent started on the glyphs or your therazane point yet :p
Aldaz

Aselieos: My primary spec isn't really my primary spec. There's no reason for it, but I'm using my OS as MS ;)

Tehmaster: I have only had time to rep farm on my main character Jagk which I don't have to play so much any more as I've nearly capped full cataclysmic gladiators gear. I'm going to start rep farming when easter holidays are over Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

Sorry for the delay in approving this app. I shall have a proper look over tomorrow, Easter is crazy!

Baltaer
Alt

Gear and gemming seems fine, but as people pointed out, the lack of shoulder enchants and no professions just seems lazy, i mean i have two level 85 alts who dont raid, and they have Therazane exalted, and max proffesions.

The reputation with Therazane is pure laziness, I admit that, but for the proffesions it's about the amount of gold I have at the moment. Currently I have all my gold on Nordrassil where my paladin is. I'm thinking about transferring him, but I've done too many transfers recently so it might be a while till that happens. Will start working on the reputation as soon as I have time. I've got a lot of tests in school before exams in May and June :s

Tethane
Guild Mistress

I see you are stating you have a lot of tests and exams coming up will you still be committed to signing for all the raids we schedule as I do not want to be in a position where we gear you and then you vanish off the face of the earth!

Galadruin the Dwarf
Enlightened

this is also quite worrying

Quote:
The last guild I was in was Angels of Ares. I left them because I was tired of raiding and wanted to play with my irl friends instead.

we have had a fair few "gear and go" style players lately, and this with the exams soon to me looks like another to me.

Aldaz

When I left Angels of Ares I had been raiding non-stop for nearly 2 years so I was getting kinda tired then. I'm not the kind of "gear and go" player!
What could have been an option would be if I could join as a social member until my exams and tests were done and then start raiding when I've finished them. My last exam is June 15th which is along time until, but I'm sure I could attend some raids here and there. I've got alot of friends that are doing DS HC, so while I'm doing my exams I could join their pugs aswell and gear up so you wouldn't have to worry about me possibly stealing your loot Happy

Tethane
Guild Mistress

That sounds like a good compromise.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

No response so assume app is withdrawn.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum