Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Missymonk

re: Mage Tier 13: 4-set bonus

Well ive got my 410 shoulders from morchok but to get my 4 set bonus i had to put on my tier 397 hands rather than my 403 liquid smoke, if i want the liquid smoke I have to wear tier 397 shoulders instead, what i would like to know is which to chose or can I wear both and not have my 4 set bonus?
Tethane
Guild Mistress

re: Re: Mage Tier 13: 4-set bonus

Dumblemc wrote:
Well ive got my 410 shoulders from morchok but to get my 4 set bonus i had to put on my tier 397 hands rather than my 403 liquid smoke, if i want the liquid smoke I have to wear tier 397 shoulders instead, what i would like to know is which to chose or can I wear both and not have my 4 set bonus?

Best thing to do is sim it... Will find program tomorrow to tired now

Eliphias

Last edited by Eliphias on 24-9-2013 11:51; edited 1 time in total

---------- Home is where the hearth is ----------
Necrall
Enlightened

(4) Set: Each stack of Stolen Time also reduces the cooldown of Arcane Power by 7 sec, Combustion by 5 sec, and Icy Veins by 15 sec.

Arcane Power's cooldown is 2 minutes, that's 120 seconds. This set bonus drops it to 50 seconds. Factoring in the 15 second duration means that, assuming my math is cortrect, there is only a 35 second gap between the effect ending and you being able to recast it.

Combustion is also 120 seconds, but it gets dropped to a 70 second cooldown.

I checked my own Sim (Rawr with importing Template) and it tells me this:

With Gloves of Liquid Smoke, ilev 384, raidfinder, tier shoulders > Morchok Heroic shoulders.

With Morchok Heroic shoulders, ilev 384 tier gloves > Gloves of Liquid Smoke.

I'd still suggest you run your own tests, but I doubt the results will be any different. This set bonus is just that good.

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Missymonk

Thanks everyone, will run simulator later on it to see what will be best Happy and lol better not miss a dot then :S
Hievna
Enlightened

403 gloves has 2 red sockets and T13 (normal) shoulders has 2 red sockets, which is 4 red sockets.
T13 gloves (normal) has 1 red socket and 410 shoulder has 2 red sockets, which is 3 red sockets.
You get 51/61 more int from 403 gloves than T13 gloves.
You get 47 more int from 410 shoulders than you get from T13 shoulders.
403 gloves and T13 shoulders gives you:
394 crit, 257 haste and 233 mastery = 884
T13 gloves and 410 shoulders gives you:
270 crit, 234 haste, 255 mastery and 197 hit = 956
You get 72 more secondary stats points with 410 shoulders and T13 gloves, but lose 4/14 intelligence.

Missymonk

ok cord of the slain champion vs vp belt? and HC cunning of cruel vs Normal Insignia of corrupted mind? baring in mind i'm now arcane with a bit of fire spec in my gear for when I change back for a few fights, what you think Thomas?
Hievna
Enlightened

You asked my about arcane mages yesterday and i said that i'm going to check things out. Here is what i think you should get if you want to min max.
Switch Chronoboost Bracers to Bracers of Unconquered Power. You will lose some hit and get haste, but it has 2 red sockets, which gives you minimum of 60 int more. Get Tentacular Belt cos mastery is better and you don't need the haste from Cord of the Slain Champion. Replace Seal of the Grand Architect with Infinite Loop. It gives you 10 more int and you only need 1268 haste rating and after that crit becomes more beneficial. Keep Cunning of the Cruel and Will of Unbinding and replace Will of Unbinding only to the better versions of itself.
Your total stats after these changes should be something like this:
Hit 1750/1755
Haste 1361
Crit 846
Mastery 2189/2204
These stats are with reforge and gems. 1 int+hit and 3 int+mastery gems.
Fire spec:
You will lose one tick from combustion with these stats, which is about 7,7% of its damage, but the extra mastery will increase your DoTs damage about 3,2% so total loss is about 5%. Even with 846 crit rating you should be able to achieve almost 35% crit chance with raid buffs. If you only use fire in one or two fights, then you should go with mastery heavy gear.
Hope these helps.

Missymonk

ok well for infinite loop I need it to drop then in dragon soul, as for the belt I have bought that from VP vendor, only problem is I'll have to wait a bit before I can get the gold for the gems and for the bracers as they are from tailoring and require you to have 4 essence of destruction which sells for like 1000g each :S when I get the gold I will sort it out but I'm a poor mage atm :L
Necrall
Enlightened

Request for Essence of Destruction

My personal website, where I post game reviews, talk about the games I've designed and made and other amusing game related links.
Missymonk

ty, I've put a request in Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Class Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: