Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cat*

re: Caténa Restoration Druid Raiding - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
Sofia, 34, Stockholm Sweden.

2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Caténa, 85 Restoration Druid, Herbalism and Alchemy (plus cooking and fishing).
Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Cat%C3%A9na/simple
Leveling alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Call%C3%ADe/simple

3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
Me and my boyfriend Stuart (Vexadin) are applying together. We are looking for a friendly, chatty and social guild that we can get to know and have fun and also raid with. I am looking for a guild i can raid regulary with because i love raiding but also have a good laugh with. Reading your guilds website made me really happy and you seem like a really nice guild. Really liked the part that you call each other by first name, not in game name, you get to know each other better then Happy .

4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I dont know any current guild members (as far as i know of lol). Stuart found your guild online and redirected me to your webpage wich i then read and really liked, so i decided to apply (and pray for the best ).

5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
Been a part of the raiding team in The Infernals, Mile Hyjal Club and Arctic Vikings (all horde). We left Arctic Vikings to transfer to alliance, a lot because i have always prefered alliance and missed it. I dont have any applications pending with other guilds as i wanted to try yours first.

6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I am very cheerful, helpful and reliable person. I love raiding and want to progress but at the same time i dont get a fit if we wipe a full evening. It comes with progession bosses. I always have a good mood and a smile on my face.

7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.
I am applying as a raider.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
My raiding spec is healer (restoration druid). I have a moonkin offspec, but i hardly ever use it. Mostly only use it to slogg through daylies
I have always played a healer as a mainspec, for raiding as well as dungeons. It's what im best at and enjoy the most. If there is a healer class i have tried it. So i prefer to play healer above anything else.

How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
Keeping myself up to date? Isn't that what boyfriends are for?
No, but in all seriousness, I use icyveins and mmomeltingpot. I also use maxdps and wowpupular whenever i need them.

Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
The talents and glyphs i got are all to maximise and make my healing easier and more effective. I also found it good to have in my talent things that makes my spells cost less mana. My glyphs have pretty much stayed the same always, but my talents I have swapped around a litte bit, mostly depending on my gear and stats on it. For example earlier i used to have 2 or 3 points in my talents on Furor in the feral combat tree to increase my manapool. I right now dont have any points there as i dont feel I got any real manaproblems, thanks to reforging and gear. I have tried different talentbuilds, but am quite satisfied with the one I am using at the moment.

Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
If i am signed and drafted for a raid i can GUARANTEE that i will stay outthrough the whole raid. I have never left during a raid, if i start it i follow through on it.

When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
I can raid any day of the week as long as it is in the evenings. The only thing is that once or twice a month i have work meeting or lectures on a evening on a weekday and the days variate so once or twice a month there might be a raidnight i cant make (as i wont be home until 21.00 server time). UI have had a look at your raiding days (wednesday, sunday and monday) and like i said i can raid any day in the evenings tongue out So all is fine.

What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
The addons I use are Deadly Boss mods ofc wink , Recount, Omen and VuhDo for healing.

What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
I have completed ICC, BWD, BOT, FL, BH and Dragonsoul (8/8 on normal). I have done all bosses in Dragonsoul in normal mode (and Raidfnder a lot of time but thats so easy so really doesnt count lol). The only thing is as i have resently been away from WOW for like 3 months trying SWTOR, where i quckly got up to maxlevel and started raiding with our guild, i havent had to many kills on the bosses. But I know all the tactics and what to do basically. Me and Stuart atopped playing swtor because we had nothing to do, we had cleared all content in raids and we got sick of the raids due to all the bugs with loot not being lootable or bosses resetting in mid fight and so on. Only getting bugs and cleared all content kinda put us off, and we went back to Wow wich we really are enjoying again. tongue out
I have always been a healer in any game or guild I have been in.

What raids do you believe you are geared for?
Everything up to Dragonsoul normal, wich i have even gotten some loot from to boost my itemlevel. I have completed all of Dragonsoul on normal with my current build and gear.

Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
I have done both raidachivements and have had a lot of trials and progression on hardmodes. My most recent progressions and trials for hardmode bosses was in Firelands (as i havent gotten the oppurtunity to try any bosses in Dragonsoul on heroic yet).

We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
That wont be a problem at all. The only thing that might come in the way is the montly meeting at work i mentioned i have, because then i wont be home until 21.00 server time. But seeing as that only occurs one or sometimes twice a month, and the days variate, I dont see it being a problem.

Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
If it is put to me in a helping and nice way i would be thankful and glad that they want to help me and i would look into it and do the nesessary changes. Although if the comment was put to me in a way that "makes me feel like I am crap at what I'm doing and should just stop playing" then i would not react as positivingly. I would still appriciate whats told me and change whatever is good changing, but i wouldnt appriciate they way the advice cam to me. Constructive critisism is good, but insulting one is not.

An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
I would feel "to bad i didnt get it" but i would also think "fair enough, he or she deserved and needed it more then me". I respect the lootmasters and rely on ther desicions being whats best for the guild. In the long run i look at it like this:
I'm not here to only gear up myself because that doesnt help anyone. If we all help out to gear up everyone more equal that will help the guild and the raidteam more.

In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
I would respect the desicion made and hope that I will be drafted for next raid night. As long as someone being left out several raids in a row dont become a regularity (i mean same person left out for several raid in a row time after time) I am fine with the raidleaders desicion. I know it can be hard to rotate and plan together a raid and get a good mixture of different classes needed.

After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
I would not take it to seriously. After a long night of raiding people are tired and stressed and comments that you dont mean can easily slip out in the "heat of the moment". If its only a one time thing then i would just brush it off.

We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
I would feel "Well that was a fun night, when can we do that again?! " tongue out
Guaranteed i would be annoyed at the boss for not going down, but even though I wipe a whole raid (done that before lol) I always keep joking and having a smile on my face. I take raiding serious and want to progress, but not to the extreme. I am not the kind of person that would Scream and throw stuff around the room because a raid didnt go well. I would just think "we will get it next time". Postivte thoughts
Toofles the Great

REEEEEEEEEEEEEED
But I liked the app <3

Hello there fellow druid. I have some questions for you:
1. Have you been doing 10-mans or 25-mans?
2. You have 1605 haste, 2746 spirit, 2/2 Blessing of the Grove, Enchant Boots - Haste and Ember Shadowspirit Diamond. Why have you ended with these? Have you considered alternatives?
3. Where is your main-hand enchant?

PS: That April Fools' Day crab-thingy makes it really annoying to look armory. >_>

Like the application a great deal, if you could respond to Eluniels questions that would be super, I can then take it from there.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

Nice app indeed, I responded to your partners already so same thing goes near enough except with the odd word changed if needed ie. Heal/tank/he/she/pala/druid etc etc.

But yea Don't see any problem with it atleast your geared and enchanted and took time on the application so yes from me.

Elcaco
caliban/seven
Guardian

for trial, its a yes from me. dont know so much about druid healers, even im a druid myself. but i like to be in the other side of the raid and tank it.

Cat*

Eluniel wrote:
Hello there fellow druid. I have some questions for you:
1. Have you been doing 10-mans or 25-mans?
2. You have 1605 haste, 2746 spirit, 2/2 Blessing of the Grove, Enchant Boots - Haste and Ember Shadowspirit Diamond. Why have you ended with these? Have you considered alternatives?
3. Where is your main-hand enchant?

PS: That April Fools' Day crab-thingy makes it really annoying to look armory. >_>

1. I have been doing both 10 and 25 mans but mostly 10 mans. Have been on horde side with stuart and therae are not a lot of raiding 25 man guilds there unfortunately.
2. Haste was to reach the cap at 1603 (found at mmomeltingpot) and spirit has been played with to get mana regen required for healing output in last 10 man setup. I got 2/2 on blessing of the grove because I have found it useful as a druid heals the whole raid a lot and stonger hots has helped. I has the enchant with minorspeed increase and mastery a while then i changed to haste to get more haste. Been swapping that back and forth a bit As for my heads metagem I have always used this one because it gives me bigger manapool. And i have found its been useful as i have mostly been healing 10 mans and you are only 2 or sometimes 3 healers and you need big manapool and manaregen. I have looked at other metagems but for example the one with mana and crit has never been something i have wanted as I always reforge of crit on my gear to put other stats on. But i guess all this is very personal how you decide what to do :-)
3. Havent gotten around to it but i will get it as soon as i log in today. I recently got that weapon.
Eluniel
Guardian

Not bad, tho I would really suggest that you would go for 2005 haste point. You have now point that is usefull, if you do not have 5% haste buff from shaman/shadow priest. 2005 point gives you 9th tick of Wild Growth and Efflorescence. This point is very valuable, as these two spells make up a large portion of our healing.

I currently have only 1573 haste. That gives 9th tick of Wild Growth and Effloresence with Dark Intent. I usually have DI on raids, so I only have to make it to here instead of 2005 to get this nice bonus. I would suggest that you ask Jodie do we have enough warlocks. I can not remember do we have 2 or 3. If we have 3, you can drop your haste to 1573. I know thatyou will be third raid ranked resto druid.

Breakpoints:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuwcTdFIcJZydHZlY09wQTQ3UUxKZVJWa04yQ1ZsTHc&hl=en#gid=1

[Burning Shadowspirit Diamond] I now affecting to heals so it is best for us and I bet you could live with less spirit. If you are oom at the end of fight, that is right ammount of spirit. ^_^

About the talents:
BotG stacks additively. Meaning with two points you only get right over 2% instead of 4. There is really no reason to take 2/2 botg and only really should take 1/2. Rejuvenation is affected by several additive effects, meaning that although BotG should increase healing by 2% per point, it actually increases healing by MUCH LESS than 2%. In fact, it's worth something close to 1% increase per point. That's a 1% increase to Rejuv's healing, not a 1% increase to overall healing. It's very likely close to a .5% increase per point to overall healing.

I'm also not really fan of Living seed, since it was going ~0.4% of my healing. But talents are more personal preference. I like to swap them guite often.

Yes from me. ^_^

Thanks Henna, I will have to discuss personally about DI buffs, with the tight enrages coming up these may start going to dpsers but we can chat about that outside of this application.

So yes we would like to offer you a trial spot within FE, poke an Officer for an invite and I will get you some raid invites for tomorrow and throw you in the deep end!

Please read the last part of this thread http://forsakenenlightenment.guildlaunch.com/custom.php?page_id=77350&gid=45872&f=868814 on what other bits you need to do!

Welcome!

Cassor
Wanderer

Tethane wrote:
with the tight enrages coming up these may start going to dpsers

I can haz DI ??

Welcome to FE Sofia
Eliphias

---------- Home is where the hearth is ----------
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum