Post new topic   Reply to topic    FORSAKEN ENLIGHTENMENT Forum Index -> Guild applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markerus

re: Markerus - Protection Paladin Raiding Application - ACCEPTED

1. What is your name, age and location?
Markerus aka Sondre(IRL), 15, Norway.
2. What is your characters name, level, class, spec and professions? Also list any alt's (please provide us with a link to your armoury.)
Markerus - 85 - Paladin - Protection - NoProf - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Markerus/simple
Akvius - 85 - Priest - Holy - 525herb - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Akvius/simple
3. Why are you applying to Forsaken Enlightenment and what are your expectations from the guild?
Cause I really like the guild, but I also wanna progress in raids without Pugging.
4. Do you know any current Guild member and how did you hear about us?
I heard about the guild first from Eluniel, but then I speaked with Tethane's alt.
5. What other guilds have you been in and why did you leave them? Do you currently have any other applications pending with other guilds?
WoTLK - The Hibernians. ( Started up my own guild, failed abit tho )
Cata - Knights of the Ancients ( Left my raider rank, as PuG got me longer )
Social there now, temporarely tho. I don't have any other pending applications.
6. Tell us what special qualities you will bring to Forsaken Enlightenment.
I will bring a mature paladin, which will be active and be online when I'm supposed to.
7. Are you interested in becoming a social or raiding member of Forsaken Enlightenment, if social thank you for your application, if raiding please complete the next section.

Questions for raiders only:

What is your raiding spec and your duel spec if you have one, which do you prefer to play and why?
My raiding spec is Protection, OS Ret. I prefer Protection as I think DPS is kind of boring.
How do you keep yourself up to date on the latest developments of your class? Do you visit any websites for this?
I use maxdps.com alot, but I also check the forums and battle.net
Comment on your talents and glyphs. Why did you choose them? What do you think of other builds of your class? Why didn't you choose one of those?
I chose mine as I think it fits better for me, I might change soon tho as it's a bit outdated.
Do you have control of your own time i.e. if you sign and are selected for a raid can you guarantee (disasters and acts of god permitting) that you will be available until raid end time.
Yes, that is very important to me.
When are you usually available for raiding (specific days of the week and preferred hours) have you taken note of our raiding days and do they fit into your schedule?
I'm available almost 24/7, and the raiding days fit into my schedule yes.
What add-ons do you like to use for raids?
DBM, Omen3 and Recount.
What raiding experience do you have and what role has this been in?
WoTLK - ICC - Mage - 7/12 ICC
Cata - FL - HolyPriest - 7/7 (4.2)
What raids do you believe you are geared for?
I think my gear can handle DS.
Have you tried and/or completed any raid achievements and hard modes? What do you think of them and would you like to try more in the future?
Not any hard modes, but some raid achievments yes. Yes, I would like to try more in the future.
We require 100% signs for your trial period, will this be acceptable?
Yes.
Some difficult scenarios

An Officer or fellow member offers you some advice on how to improve your play, be it through rotations, talents or gem and enchant suggestions, how do you feel?
Good, I like when people give me advices and stuff.
An item that you desperately want drops you register your interest but the loot council awards it to another player as is it a bigger upgrade or their attendance has been better, how do you react?
Normal, if they need it more than me then they should have it.
In order to balance a raid for an encounter or because there are far to many signs the raidleader places you on standby for the second time running, but another member of your class is in the raid for the third time in a row. What do you do?
I don't think I would do anything, if it happens to much I might speak with a officer/GuildMaster.
After a heavy night of raiding another member makes a comment about your performance which may not be called for, how do you react?
Wouldn't react so much, would try to do it better next time.
We are wiping..... all night...... getting the raid and the tactics right, your repair bill is going through the roof and not much progression is happening, how do you feel?
Normal, I can't do anything about it exept trying to do it better.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Sherawr
Guardian

Hi Sondre, I don't know where I stand on your app atm im afraid. We do need another tank, but now we are on Hc modes, and it seems you have only done DS in raid finder and have very little experience in raiding in general. Also is this a new char, or an alt which has become your main. As your gear level is really low. Example the blue shield, you can pick up the crafted epic now for less than 3k ( last time i looked). You gear is also not gemmed or enchanted for the most part , and you have 0 proffs. If you are serious about raiding, these are all issues which are going to need to be sorted out.
JC and BS/mining are both excellent proffs for your prot paladin and I would seriously consider picking them up.

Now Im not ageist but you say you are 15. Would our raid times not affect your schooling? I only ask as we have had members in the past who have just left prior to end of raid time as they were "tired and in school".?

The only option I see would be go go ret/holy as all our tanks are pretty much geared for hc content now, and accumulate the gear that way as currently you simply wouldnt survive the hc content especially, and most of the normal content either (thinkin gunship...ultraxion...

I suppose we have the nerf now, but we are trying to progress through hc content.

As I say im currently on the fence with this one, any other officers care to comment? or have any ideas?

Hievna
Enlightened

You're missing gems and enchants. You're also missing minor glypsh, but since they only reduce mana cost of your buffs, they aren't that important. You have PvP ring and two stamina trinkets.
Tell me something. What are/is the most important stat(s) for protection paladin? Why did you decide to play with your paladin? Do you know what ctc is?

Markerus

You're missing gems and enchants. You're also missing minor glypsh, but since they only reduce mana cost of your buffs, they aren't that important. You have PvP ring and two stamina trinkets.
Tell me something. What are/is the most important stat(s) for protection paladin? Why did you decide to play with your paladin? Do you know what ctc is?

I would CTC and stamina is the most important. I play on my pala cause I think it's more fun than healing. I also have gemmed and enchanted, but I just did. CTC = Combat Table Coverage, dodgeparry block etc

Markerus

Hi Sondre, I don't know where I stand on your app atm im afraid. We do need another tank, but now we are on Hc modes, and it seems you have only done DS in raid finder and have very little experience in raiding in general. Also is this a new char, or an alt which has become your main. As your gear level is really low. Example the blue shield, you can pick up the crafted epic now for less than 3k ( last time i looked). You gear is also not gemmed or enchanted for the most part , and you have 0 proffs. If you are serious about raiding, these are all issues which are going to need to be sorted out.
JC and BS/mining are both excellent proffs for your prot paladin and I would seriously consider picking them up.

Now Im not ageist but you say you are 15. Would our raid times not affect your schooling? I only ask as we have had members in the past who have just left prior to end of raid time as they were "tired and in school".?

I just started playing on this one, and I am still gearing. Check out Akvius, thats from 4.2

The only option I see would be go go ret/holy as all our tanks are pretty much geared for hc content now, and accumulate the gear that way as currently you simply wouldnt survive the hc content especially, and most of the normal content either (thinkin gunship...ultraxion...

I suppose we have the nerf now, but we are trying to progress through hc content.

As I say im currently on the fence with this one, any other officers care to comment? or have any ideas?

Eluniel
Guardian

I do not really know what to say about paladin, since I do not play that class. We are indeed on HC progress, but in the other hand normal modes are farm content to us. His gear needs fix. You have: 7 unenchanted items, 1 empty socket and missing Ebonsteel Belt Buckle.

Anyways:
I have known him for a while and he is nice and polite person. I'm almost 100% certain about this but correct me if I'm wrong. My memory sometimes makes tricks with names, but wasn't it you who I met when FL dailies were still new thing. When we met very first time you askend valor vendor location, I told you to inv me so that I can show it, you were in queue and ofc it popped when I (as healer) joined to your group. So we run that dungeon. ^_^

At that time he was still doing normal mode 5-mans and getting his valor gear. He whispered me asking where some of my gear was coming from and I told him about molten front daily area. For my suprise he was very fast to learn all that and kept doing them. After some time he was raiding FL and we had some whispers about how to heal bosses. FE was on HC progress and he was doing normals. Was fun to help someone while running back from HC wipes.

So, I don't know what to say to this... Would I heal him in that state of gear? No. Would I heal him if he fixes the stuff? Ye, I would give him a try. I have seen that he can be very persistent when he has a goal.

Like always, last word is left for Jodie.

Hey Sondre as you can see we currently have 2 protection Paladin applications at the moment and I'm pulling between you both.

I have an issue with your professions not being maxed out and if Im going to be totally honest your age, the raid team has recruited a number of under 18's and in every single occasion they have been unreliable and have quit for school/holidays etc. This is not such a hit when that person is easily replaceable, but with current content requiring 2 tanks maximum, and my general dislike for over recruiting roles losing a tank (as we have experienced) can have a massive impact on progression.

However saying this I don't believe in tarring everyone with the same brush and will give you a shot along with the other tank and see who best fits into our squad, regardless of the outcome there are other opportunities to raid 10 man within the Guild if 25 man doesn't fit. I would also like to see you actively gearing your offspec as a couple of fights only require 1 tank and a geared offspec makes you much much more desirable in the raid squad.

Tuishao
Tuishao
Guardian

I'm in pain and this app hasn't made it any better, tbh I don't like the app it makes no sense it is all just one big wall of text. The spaces that are after each question on the template have been removed, there is no breaks tbh I didn't read it all as I really not in the mood to work out where one sentence ends and another starts.

You have no profs on the char you applied on, it seems your guild failed (your own words) and you want to get boosted from a guild who has done DS, there is no reason why people shouldn't have profession especially this late into an expansion as there is nothing else to do except raid.

One last point which is kind of related to the first, is the fact the answer are basic at best from an Ex guild leader I would expect a little more from an answer. Even if its just slightly more in depth.

Tethane
Guild Mistress

If the app hadn't had Eluniels response it would have been declined, but I trust her judgement and thats why I am giving him a shot.

Eluniel
Guardian

And I hope he proves to be worthy of my words.

My lack of paladin knowledge makes it hard to see has he made any improvemets. But as Peter said, professions should be maxed and JC & Mining aren't even hard to do. Fly aroung -> mine -> prospect -> craft.
http://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow-mining-guide.html
http://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow_jewelcrafting_leveling_guide.html

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum